Success Story of Jitendra Kumar Jatoliya, CGDA Auditor
In a short discussion with Jitendra Jatoliya, Fellow Gradian who cleared SSC CGL 2018 exam. BYJU'S Exam Prep and prepares Course content and test series for SSC and Railway Exams.
Let us take a closer view of his approach towards the preparation that can be helpful for any aspirant regardless of the fields. Here is what he had to say:
Q. What inspired you to prepare for SSC CGL?
Ans: The ministerial posts and opportunity to grow in SSC CGL posts inspired me to prepare for SSC CGL.
Q. Tell us about your background in studies?
Ans: B. Tech, 2018 pass out. I had English Medium till 12 Std.
Q. Was it your first attempt? Have you appeared for any other government competitive exam before this SSC CGL 2018 attempt?
Ans: SSC CGL 2018 was my first attempt and never appeared for any other competitive exam. I am preparing for SSC CGL 2020-21 Exam
Preparation Strategy and other Related Discussion
Q. What were your learnings from previous attempts and how did you improve in this attempt?
Ans: Following were my few learnings in the SSC CGL 2018 Attempt:
- Keep a balanced focus on advanced Maths and arithmetic topics. I realized I had not practiced sufficient in advanced Maths topics which resulted in less score in SSC CGL 2018 Tier 2 Maths
- I need to increase my speed and accuracy in maths to attempt more questions and score better.
- Improve SSCCGL Tier 1 Scores
I have been working on the above two aspects of preparation. Hopefully, it will result inn better scores in upcoming SSC CGL 2020-21 Exam
Q. Please share your scores of SSC CGL 2018.
SSC CGL 2018 Scores
- Tier 1: 146.5 (Normalized)
- Tier 2 :
- Quant - 105
- English - 185
- Tier 3 : 61
Q. What were your preparation strategies?
- Need to devote more time to basics of Maths and understanding the topics
- Improve the speed in Maths
- I adopted an Integrated strategy
- I had attended offline coaching
- After clearing SSC CGL 2018 Tier -1, I had enrolled for BYJU'S Exam Prep SSC CGL Tier -2 (Math + English) Course
- I had prepared for both Tier-1 and Tier-2 collectively.
- I had put more focus of my strategy on Maths and English as they are part of Tier 2 as well
- Started preparing for SSC CGL Tier-1 only 3 - 4 months before SSC CGL Tier-1
- I always made sure not to devote full time to General Awareness as the subject is very vat and counts for only 50 marks
- Relied majorly on Previous Years Papers and Mock test. BYJU'S Exam Prep Mock test and quizzes had been really helpful.
- Revise English grammar rules by practicing questions.
- For Tier - 2 English Paper, I practiced Voice and Narration a lot as 50 questions are asked from these 2 topics together.
- English Vocabulary, I prepared from previous years papers and learnt new words through root words.
Q. Which books were referred by you for SSC CGL preparation?
Ans: Honestly speaking, I didn't refer to many books
- I majorly relied on online study notes
- Followed book by Kiran Publication for Maths
Q. According to you, how important is the regular practice through mock tests/quizzes/previous years' papers to help in qualifying for the exam?
Ans: Regular Mock tests and quizzes are the key to success in SSC because only theory won't increase the speed and accuracy. We have to implement the short tricks to get used to them. Full length tests give us our preparation level and we can self analyze the areas where we have to work.
Q. When is the right time to start practicing Mock test and Previous years papers?
Ans: Once I completed 50% of the syllabus, I started attempting mock tests and Previous years papers.
Q. As you are preparing for upcoming SSC CGL 2020-21 Tier -1, what is your main focus to score better this time? Tips for students appearing for SSC CGL 2020-21 Tier 1 ?
Ans: My Preparation Strategy for upcoming SSC CGL 2020-21 Tier -1
Mock Test practice the most important in last one month. This would help in increasing my speed. Especially for maths and reasoning section, mock tests are very important.
Practicing Previous years papers a lot these days as it would help me revise important questions and questions might as well repeat in this upcoming exams.
Revision of important study notes, mock tests important questions, important formulae, GK and current affairs etc.
Role of BYJU'S Exam Prep in Preparation
Q. How beneficial was the study material of BYJU'S Exam Prep?
Ans: I did a lot of practice on BYJU'S Exam Prep for different topics using the quizzes and other materials which helped me to increase my speed in question solving.
Q. How BYJU'S Exam Prep’s Faculty helped you?
Ans: I followed many BYJU'S Exam Prep faculties on YouTube and on BYJU'S Exam Prep app. The concepts were clear and the short tricks taught by the teachers were easy to learn and implement.
Q. Short description (2-3 lines) regarding BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series/Mocks and how did they help them in cracking the Exam
Ans: There will be no success without facing the challenges and hurdles.
All The Best !!