In the coming days, we will cover all the Important terms from A-Z that are relevant from the paper-1 point of view. Ream them thoroughly. Keep reading and working hard because UGC NET Exam dates could be announced anytime.
- It is a small java application or a Java-enabled web browser.
- The computer software that performs a task or set of tasks, such as word processing or drawing. Applications are also referred to as programs.
- Full form of ASCII is the American Standard Code for Information Interchange.
- It makes the computer understand by converting instructions hat are typed through keyborard into binary.
- It is the capacity of a networked connection.
- It determines how much data can be sent through the networked wires.
- Greater Bandwith means faster will be the download for the user.
- It comprises of only 0s and 1s.
- It is the basic language that the computer understands.
- The computer deciphers the code to form letters, numbers, symbols and punctuation marks.
- It is the computer information that is smallest.
- It is either the number 0 or 1.
- They are called binary digits.
- It means to start a computer.
- Cold boot means after the power is turned off then restarting the computer.
- Warm boot means without turning off the power restarting the computer.
- It is software used for navigating the Internet.
- Example: Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator.
- These are the most most popular browsers today for accessing the World Wide Web or internet.
- It is a malfunction due to an error in the program or a defect in the equipment.
- Most of the computer use bytes, the combination of eight bits to represent once the character of instructions or data.
- For example, the word Elephant has 7 characters, and it would be represented by 7 bytes.
- It is the small data-storage memory areas that computer use to quickly re-access data.
- Through this, the computer quickly accesses the data instead of going to the original source such as a hard drive.
- Browsers use a cache to store web pages so that the user may view them again without reconnecting to the Web.
- It is an optically read disc designed to hold information such as material, movies, songs, or computer software.
- A single CD-ROM can hold around 640MB of data.
- Most of the software that we use today are delivered on CD-ROM.
- A text file sent by a Web server that is stored on the hard drive of a computer and relays back to the Web server things about the user, his or her computer, and/or his or her computer activities.
- Full form CPU is Central Processing Unit.
- It is the brain of the computer.
We hope you all understood the Important Term related to ICT for paper-1.