All the materials which are consumed by the organisms to provide energy for their biological activity, and helps to increase physical activity, control the body, and offer to help to build the necessary compounds are called FOOD. Food is the only source of energy for organisms required for biological processes. Food nourishes our bodies but we can eat those which are nutritional as every substance has different nutritional competence.
Foods based on food sources can be grouped into two classes:
Plant products: Humans depends on plants for food, these foods are known as plant products. Such as fruits, vegetables, grains, Masala, beverages, and more.
Animal products: Humanly depends on plants as well as the animal for foods. Animal-derived foods are meat, fish, eggs, and more.
Food that provides nutrition to the body consists of many chemical substances, these chemicals are divided into classes which are known as nutrients.
These nourishing ingredients are:
- mineral salts
Their levels in different foods vary so as the quality and nutrients but in some foods it is much higher which represent its best qualities, There is source varies from individual to individual elements of food, in some it is high, and in some, it is medium and low.
Carbohydrates are one of the main types of nutrients. They are the most important source of energy for your body. Your digestive system changes carbohydrates into glucose (blood sugar). Your body uses this sugar for energy for your cells, tissues, and organs
Carbohydrates are found in a wide array of both healthy and unhealthy foods—bread, beans, milk, popcorn, potatoes, cookies, spaghetti, soft drinks, corn, and cherry pie. They also come in a variety of forms. The most common and abundant forms are sugars, fibres, and starches.
Foods high in carbohydrates are an important part of a healthy diet. Carbohydrates provide the body with glucose, which is converted to energy used to support bodily functions and physical activity.
The functions of carbohydrates: for nearly all the interactions that occur in the body's main source of energy is carbohydrates.
- In the human body, energy is stored as glycogen and starch, which is used in times of emergency.
- Its deficiency in human beings leads to a reduction in the ability to act.
- Increases Sloth and laziness from taking too much carbohydrate increases.
The protein word is derived from the Latin word 'Patio', whose meaning is of major importance. It is considered the most important element of life. There are primarily two types - enzymatic proteins and structural proteins. Enzymatic protein in the body helps in conducting all metabolic functions, such as the receipt of energy from the Carbohydrate complex is after passing through many levels. Structural proteins making up the various parts of the body and are used to fix the damage.
Muscle, skin, hair, nails, etc. All are made of protein.
- Hemoglobin found in red blood cells is also made up of the protein whose main function is, the exchange between oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Protein is a polymer that is composed of many units called amino acids.
- Meat, fish, milk, eggs, pulses are the main source of protein.
- Soybean is considered the best source of protein
- After water, protein is found in a high amount in the human body.
- Protein is found in most tissues, and the remaining is found in bones, teeth, skin, hair, nails, and other soft tissues.
- 1/3 part of the total protein found in the body in muscles, bones part 1/5 cartilage teeth, is found in the skin and other tissues and body fluids such as blood count - hemoglobin lymph, brain, Spinal cord.
- Nucleoprotein is found in the nucleus of cells.
Functions of Protein:
- Performs the function of metabolism
- Plays a key role in the creation of the physical components.
- Repairs the damage
- Replaces dead cells and tissues
- The increases the growth of the body
Like carbohydrates, fats and protein in the diet are also essential nutrients that are found in fatty foods for which we have to rely on both animal and vegetable fat in the body of animals and plant materials such as - grains, seeds, and fruit oil is found as an important source of fat in the body to provide energy, their energy is often more than doubled in value than carbohydrates. Fats produce more energy than twice the amount of carbohydrates where there are 4 calories in 1 gram, 1 gram of fat has 9 calories energy is produced.
- Fat is an organic compound that consists of fat. Is the combination of chemical elements carbon (C), hydrogen (H), and oxygen (O).
- The construction of a glycerol fatty substance is a combination of fatty acids in fat. carbon, hydrogen, oxygen content significantly less than the combined amount.
- The ratio of hydrogen and oxygen where carbohydrates 1: 2 is the fat in the ratio of 1: 3 to 1: 7 is possible due to the corresponding properties of the fat has more energy power.
Functions of fat:
- Is useful in the production of energy
- Plays a key role in the structure of cell membranes.
- Is used as the accumulated energy.
|Serial No.||Book Name||Author Name|
|1.||CTET 2021: Paper 1 | Environmental Studies | By Pearson||Kumar Sandeep|
|2.||Ctet Paper -1 Environmental Studies||SAROHA PUBLICATION|
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app
So why wait? Update your app right away!
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)