Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan (VISAKA)
- It aims to motivate and encourage people to use a digitally enabled cashless economic system for transfer of fund.
- It aims to make campus cashless by appealing to faculty of Higher institutions.
- In this NCC/NSS volunteers are to spread awareness about these digital modes of transactions to shopkeepers, vendors in nearest market place.
Digital Gender Atlas for Advancing Girl’s Education in India
- It has been developed in collaboration with UNICEF.
- It aims to help identify low performing geographic pockets for girls, particularly from marginalized groups such as scheduled castes, schedule tribes and Muslim minorities, including girls with disabilities, on specific gender related education indicators.
- It will publish composite gender ranking.
- It will analyse gender indicators.
- It will analyse vulnerabilities based on educational indicators.
- It has been developed in collaboration with UNICEF.
- It is the database of profiles of scientists/researchers and other faculty members working at leading academic institutions and other R&D organisation involved in teaching and research in India.
- The database developed and maintained by Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET) with financial support from the National Mission on Education through ICT (NME-ICT).
DIKSHA (Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing) Portal
- It will serve as National Digital Infrastructure for Teachers.
- It will enable, accelerate and amplify solutions in realm of teacher education.
- It will aid teachers to learn and train themselves for which assessment resources will be available.
- It will help teachers to create training content, profile, in-class resources, assessment aids, news and announcement and connect with teacher community.
- It is Massive open Online Course
- It is available free of cost.
- Courses here are taught by prestigious Indian and Foreign institute in online mode.
- Certificate is provided on successful completion of courses.
- It stands for Study Webs of Active-learning for Young Aspiring Minds.
- It is a MOOC-based initiative where courses from prestigious institutes are available online.
- Students can enrol in these courses free of cost.
- It aims to bridge the digital divide for students who have hitherto remained untouched by the digital revolution and have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy.
- It is an indigenous developed IT platform that facilitates hosting of all the courses, taught in classrooms from 9th class till post-graduation to be accessed by anyone, anywhere at any time, free of cost.
- It is launched under National Mission on Education through ICT.
- It is an initiative to provide 32 High Quality Educational Channels through DTH (Direct to Home) across the length and breadth of the country on 24X7 basis.
- It is using GSAT-15 satellite to telecast programmes.
- The content is provided by UGC, CEC, IITs, IGNOU, NCERT and NIOS.
- The website is maintained by INFLIBET centre.
- It covers subject ranging from sciences, mathematics, life sciences, engineering stream, agriculture, vocational and allied sciences, learning, etc.
Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN)
- It is to foster greater collaboration and exchange of knowledge between local students/ faculty and international scholars.
- The lectures under GIAN would be made available to the students across the country through the SWAYAM, the MOOCs platform and the National Digital Library.
National Academic Depository (NAD)
- It is a 24X7 online store house of all academic awards viz. certificates, diplomas, degrees, mark-sheets etc. duly digitised and lodged by academic institutions / boards / eligibility assessment bodies.
- It ensures easy access to and retrieval of an academic award and also validates and guarantees its authenticity and safe storage.
Operation Digital Board
- University Grant Commission will be the implementing agency of ODB for higher education.
- It aims to set up one digital and interactive board per classroom in government and government-aided schools by 2022.
- It will be introduced in schools from class 9th onwards as well as in higher education institutions.
- It aims to make the learning as well as the teaching process interactive and popularize flipped learning as a pedagogical approach.
Integrated National School Education Treasury (INSET)
- It is envisaged as a fully integrated, instantly accessible and seamless information network for all parameters relating to the students, teachers, and schools in the country.
- The aim is to create an easily accessible multi-layered ecosystem of information – school-wise, block-wise, district-wise, constituency-wise, state-wise and region-wise.
- It is a joint initiative of Ministry of Human Resource and development, and NCERT.
- It has E-Resources including textbooks, audio, video, periodicals, and other materials.
- It can be used by teaches, researchers, educators, students and their parents.
National Programme on Technology Enhanced learning
- It is a joint effort by the IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee) and IISs.
- It aims to improve the quality of technical education by providing online content which can be used by teachers and students.
We hope you all understood the Digital initiative in Higher Education for paper-1 for UGC NET EXAM 2021.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.