SSC MTS Maths
SSC MTS Maths section makes up the first half of the exam. As per the latest MTS notification, the exam now only consists of one exam divided into two sessions. The first session consists of Reasoning Ability and Problem-Solving and Numerical and Mathematical Ability. Candidates should ensure that they prepare SSC MTS Numerical Ability well and score good marks in it. As session 1 is qualifying in nature, candidates need to ensure they qualify the exam to get qualified for the next stage of the exam. To prepare SSC MTS Maths well, we have provided some important tips and other information below.
SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude Questions
Numerical Aptitude is one of the highest-scoring sections in SSC MTS 2023. There is a 50% weightage of the Maths section which accounts for 60 marks in session 1 of the exam. There are 20 questions of 3 marks each asked in the Maths section. Therefore, during the last few days, we will provide you all with the 100+ most expected SSC MTS Quantitative Aptitude questions for the upcoming SSC MTS 2023 Exam.
SSC MTS Maths Questions with Answers
Candidates are leaving no stone unturned in their preparation during the last few days of the examination. Therefore, to assist in the preparation we are providing the most expected SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude PDF in this article. Refer to the SSC MTS Quantitative Aptitude questions and answers below:
1) The average weight of 19 students is 15 kg. By the admission of a new student the average weight is reduced to 14.8 kg. The weight of new student is :
A. 10.6 kg
B. 10.8 kg
C. 11 kg
D. 14.9 kg
2) A man can row 12 km/hour in still water, when the river is running @ 3 km/hour, it takes him 1 hour to row to a place and to come back. How far is the place (in KM)?
3) The average of marks of 14 students calculated as 71. But it was later found that the marks of one student had been wrongly entered as 42 instead of 56 and of another as 74 instead of 32. The correct average is
4) There is a 40% increase in an amount in 4 years at simple interest. What will be the compound interest on Rs. 6000 after 3 years at the same rate?
A. Rs. 1260
B. Rs. 1986
C. Rs. 19860
D. Rs. 7986
5) Mr. Sathya invested money in FD. How much will he get on maturity, if Rs. 14,500 is invested at 20% per annum compound interest for 6 months, compounded quarterly?
A. Rs. 15,986.25
B. Rs. 15,986.5
C. Rs. 15,986.35
D. Rs. 15,986
For more questions like these, we are going to provide you all with the PDFs in both Hindi/English Language. Candidates can refer to the PDF for detailed questions along with their solutions.
SSC MTS Maths Syllabus
SSC MTS Syllabus for Numerical Aptitude is very vast therefore all the candidates should know the most important SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude Topics that have high weightage in the upcoming SSC MTS 2023 examination. The topics you must ace are as follows:
- Problem on Ages,
- Ratio, and Proportion,
- Speed, Distance and Time,
- Number System,
- Data Interpretation,
- Time and Work,
SSC MTS Math Topic-wise Weightage
The table below mentions topic-wise marks distribution for the SSC MTS Math section based on the analysis of previous year papers
SSC MTS Math Topics
No. Of Questions
Boat and Stream
Mixture & Alligation
Ratio & Proportion
Profit Loss and Discount
Problem on Ages
Time, Work and Wages
Time, Speed and Distance
HCF & LCM
Heights & Distances
Note: The number of questions from each topic may change
100+ Expected SSC MTS Maths Questions with Answers PDF
We are providing the 100+ most popular SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude PDFs in both English and Hindi for candidates to download at their convenience and save for later use. For further information, please see the PDF for the SSC MTS Maths provided below.
- SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude Questions & Topics PDF (English)
- SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude Questions & Topics PDF (Hindi)
Tips to Prepare for SSC MTS Math
The syllabus of SSC MTS Math is vast therefore, many students from non-maths backgrounds feel very nervous. There is nothing impossible if you desire to learn therefore, we will discuss the preparation strategy for a few important topics and strategies to master them.
Ratio & Proportion
This topic is very important because it is used as a base for other topics like Profit & Loss, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Mixture & Allegation, Time work and Ages, Time, Speed & Distance, and Percentage. If you are really good at handling ratio & proportion then it becomes easy for you to attempt other topics as well, which we have mentioned above.
You can take the help of the NCERT book of 10th and 12th to prepare this topic. Apart from this follow our notes and quizzes.
Geometry is a vast topic as it has many subtopics like the triangle, circle, ellipse, parabola etc. Don’t get panic because we just have to focus on those topics which are asked in SSC MTS exam. 1 or 2 questions are asked from triangles so focus on it. From other topics in geometry, questions are usually not asked in SSC MTS exam so once you are done with your syllabus and left with some time then read other topics from geometry.
For most of the students, this topic is very challenging. For this topic just practice questions that are asked in CPO, GD Constable, CGL & CHSL papers because there are chances of repetition of questions in your exam. You can practice from NCERT books and build up your basics.
One or two very easy questions are asked from this topic and you can easily master this topic. Solve previous year's questions and you will find how easy they are.
Profit & Loss
2 to 3 questions are asked on this topic and they are mostly formula based. You just need to learn formulas and their applications.
The next problem is how to practice maximum questions and overcome exam fear?
- We have uploaded the list of SSC MTS mock test to help you prepare for SSC MTS Math. Solve the topic-wise quizzes and then practice the previous year's questions to check if you are able to solve questions on that topic or not. If yes then there are fair chances that you will solve questions of that topic in your real exam also, but if you are not, work on the topics you are weak in.
- Do not forget to solve the Previous Years' Papers for SSC MTSbecause many students work really hard for the SSC MTS exam but they don’t practice & end up losing a chance to get a government job. Practising more and more questions is very important in the SSC MTS exam because you have to solve 100 questions in 90 minutes. You should know how to manage your time for each section.
Thanks for reading, Stay tuned for more important updates! Candidates should also take SSC MTS Online Coaching to clear their concepts and revise well for the exam.