Please note that the exam pattern for Mechanical Engineering (ME), Civil Engineering (CE) & Electrical Engineering (EE) for SSC JE will remain same.
Exam Pattern of SSC JE 2017 Paper I (MCQ Type)
This is the preliminary stage of SSC JE Exam, the question will be asked from both the Technical & Non-Technical section. So to appear in the next stage of SSC JE Exam you must have to get the qualifying marks in the preliminary stage of Junior Engineer exam, & try to get good marks in the preliminary exam so that you get an advantage to qualify for the Interview even after your second stage of Exam is not so good.
|Section||No. of Question Asked||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|Technical Domain (Electrical/Mechanical/Civil)||100||100|
Note: The total time allotted for Paper I will be of 2 Hour which will be held in two shift.
- Morning shift [10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon]
- Afternoon Shift [2.00 PM to 4.00 PM]
Exam Pattern of SSC JE Paper II (Conventional Type)
In the Second stage of SSC JE Exam written examination type of which is of 300 Marks Exam, the question will be asked in the second stage of Exam is of Subjective type the level of question is just of basic Level question & these question belong from the general topics of their specific domain, so if you had gone through the above subject you can easily will answer for a minimum of 5 to 6 question.
|Technical Domain (Electrical/Mechanical/Civil)||Written Examination||300|
Note: The total time allotted for conventional type exam is 2 hours.
Important Points to Remember for SSC JE 2017 Examination
- In Paper I, each question will carry 1 mark & there will be 1/4 (0.25) Negative Marking for every wrong answered Question.
- In Paper I, there will not be any sectional cut-off.
- In Paper I, Part A is for Civil Engineering Aspirants, Part B for Mechanical & Part C for Electrical Students.
- After qualifying in Paper I, you will be eligible to appear in the next stage of conventional type paper in which you can carry your own Calculator, Logarithm Tables and Steam Table for Paper-II only.
- You will eligible to appear in the interview only after getting the Minimum Qualifying Marks in Paper I & Paper II.
- After the examination Process of Paper I & Paper II will be completed, your answer sheets will be made available at official website of SSC.