This post will provide you with some last-week tips for the SSC CHSL 2020-21 exam, instructions to be followed during the exam, exam guidelines, and few other procedures which will help you in your preparation in the eleventh hour of the exam.
Last Week Tips & Tricks for SSC CHSL Tier 1
SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam consists of 4 sections involving English Comprehension, General Awareness, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative Ability. Candidates should have completed the entire syllabus of the CHSL exam and should only be left with the revision. The last week before the exam is considered most critical for the candidates. Therefore, candidates must follow proper last-week tips and tricks to crack the SSC CHSL Tier 1 2021 exam. He has enlisted a few last-week golden tips that will help you get prepared for scoring high in the SSC CHSL 2021 Examination:
1. Analyze the CHSL Previous Year Cut Offs
Analyze the previous year's cut-off so that you have a fair idea about your target score and you can plan your strategy accordingly. Here are a few important points on the previous year cut off:
- In these last few days, you must be sure about which subjects you are good at and which are your Achilles’ heel.
- Put the lion’s share of your energy into the weaker ones but do not leave the stronger ones behind
Check - SSC CHSL Cut Off 2018
2. Polish your weak areas
You have to mend your weak areas to score better in the SSC CHSL Exam. For this, figure out the topics that you need to work on and distribute a time frame in which you will work on your soft areas.
3. Learn Important Formulas and Tricks
It is important to memorize the important formulas and tricks so that you can get your answers quickly and utilize the saved time on other difficult sections. You can list down all the important formulas and topics at the time of preparation or at the time of revision of topics.
4. Time Management
Management of your time efficiently is a crucial step in cracking the examination. Start with the section in which you feel more confident. Remember there is no sectional time limit in SSC CHSL Exam, therefore, choose your best section first. This will boost your confidence and you can then also solve questions which you find difficult. Here are some other points on time management:
- Do not spend too much time on a single question, if you are not getting the answer, mark it for review and move ahead
- Do not waste even a single second, you can do this by dividing the time limit for each section. For example, you can first attempt English Comprehension section in first 12 weeks and next 20 to 30 weeks on Quantitative Aptitude section and subsequently next 20 weeks and 8 weeks for General Intelligence & Reasoning and General Awareness sections, respectively. The last few weeks should be used for solving the questions that are marked for review
5. Practice is the key
Practice enough of different type of questions so that you are familiar with the questions and can act accordingly. This can help you spend minimal time on the topics you already know. Here are some other points on practice:
- Divide your study hours properly. Dedicate equal time to each section and manage your time appropriately
- Go through the complete syllabus, make sure you have covered all the sections thoroughly
- Revise the formulas and check the previous years’ question papers for further assurance about the pattern, difficulty level, etc.
- Last but not the least, solve at least 3 to 4 full-length mock sets before going in for the real exam
Also Check -
6. Revise the entire Syllabus smartly
The candidate must distribute their time wisely to cover the entire syllabus of SSC CHSL and alongside lay more emphasis on crucial topics. Hera a few important points on revision:
- Prepare a list of all the important topics and revise them accordingly
- Do not waste your time starting to read some new topics
- Make sure that you have thoroughly revised and practiced the topics that you are not so confident about
- You, yourself know best how much portion has been covered and what is left. As only a few days are left for the examination to commence, just revise what you have already prepared
7. Maintain a balance between Speed and Accuracy
Candidates must maintain a balance between the speed and accuracy while solving the questions as quite a times the question can be solved by just using a simple trick or formula or through putting the values given in the options. However, these tricks do not always work, therefore, a candidate must understand and analyze when to solve the question through concept and when to solve it through the trick.
8. Take short Breaks
Now, as you are ready to roll don’t forget to take breaks. Even the biggest machine can break down due to overload, so do not be too harsh on yourself. Take small breaks to unwind yourself and relieve your exam stress.
You can use the Pomodoro technique while studying, this involves the first 25 weeks of full-mode study and then 5 weeks short break and then again 25 weeks study, continue this process 4 to 5 times in one go and then taking a 30 week-long break. This technique will help you in remaining attached to study for a longer duration.
9. Read the Question properly
While attempting questions read the question properly as many a time the questions consist of terms such as ‘not’, ‘doesn’t’, ‘un’, etc. and we miss out these terms and mark the incorrect answer unwittingly. Therefore, read the question first and check what is being asked to avoid such silly mistakes.
10. Eat Healthy and Take proper rest
Take a balanced diet and eat adequate amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables such as green peppers, green leafy vegetables, broccoli, amla, citrus fruits, strawberries, etc. to improve your immunity in this prevailing situation of the pandemic. Avoid any kind of junk food, white flour, white rice, sweetened beverages, and too much of coffee. Keep yourself well hydrated by drinking ample fluids such as chamomile tea, green tea, mineral water, and milk. A proper diet helps in reducing the stress and keeps your body fit and mentally alert throughout the day.
Also, take proper rest as this will help you to overcome anxiety and stress and will also keep your memory and mind sharp.
11. Don’t Take Stress
As it is told ‘Do your best and forget the rest, therefore, do not take stress before the exam. Try to relax and calm your mind, you can do some physical activity to reduce mental stress. Physical activity can be a form of exercise, workout, jogging, running, walking, etc. As per the experts, people who exercise regularly are less likely to feel anxious in comparison to the people who do not.
SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Guidelines
Here are some important guidelines that the candidate needs to follow while giving the SSC CHSL Examination:
- Candidates reaching the venue after the entry closing time shall not be allowed to enter the examination centre, therefore, candidates must reach the venue within the stipulated time
- Candidates might also undergo frisking; the frisking will be done under the standard protocols and procedures of COVID-19
- Candidates in addition to their admit card must also carry original photo ID proof such as Aadhar card/ print out of e-Aadhar, Voter ID card, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Service ID Card issued by Central Government/ State Government/ PSUs and two copies of the latest colour photograph
- Candidates are advised to visit the exam venue at least one day in advance so that they can reach the examination venue at the right time on the date of the exam
- Candidates must strictly abide by the instructions given by the exam functionaries (Invigilator/ Centre supervisor)
- There will not be any bio-metric registration to prevent any physical contact between candidates. However, candidates have to compulsorily give their thumb impression on the commission copies and attendance sheets
- Candidates need to bring their mask to be worn during the exam. However, candidates have to remove their masks while taking photograph at the time of registration
- Candidates can bring their hand sanitizer which should be of small size and water bottles that should be transparent
- Candidates can also bring their ball pens which must have a transparent outer cover
- The SSC board has issued mandatory instruction to its service provider to regularly sanitize and clean frequently used objects such as mouse/ keyboards/ tables/ door handles, etc. prior to the shift of each examination, therefore, candidates need not worry about the safety of the examination center
- A candidate should not carry prohibited items such as a watch, books, paper chit, magazine, electronic gadgets including mobile phones, headphones, scanners, calculators, and storage devices. Carrying such items will lead to the cancellation of their candidature along with legal/ criminal proceedings. Such candidate will be debarred from appearing in future examinations of the commission as per extant rules
- If the candidate eyewitnesses any irregularity during the examination, then he/ she can report to the Regional Office/ Commission. The identity of such candidate is kept confidential
Instructions to be followed during the SSC CHSL 2021 Exam
- The clock will be at the server. The countdown time situated in the top right corner of the screen will display the remaining time available in the completion of the examination. When the timer reaches zero, the exam will end by itself
- The question palette displayed on the right side of the screen displays the status of each question. You can recognize the question status through the colour code and symbols shown below:
- The marked for review status for a question indicates that you would like to look at the question again
- To maximize the question window, you can click on the ‘>’ arrow which is situated in the left side of the question palette. To view the question palette again, you can click on ‘<’ arrow which is placed on the right side of the question window
- To change the language during the exam, candidates have click on the ‘Profile’ image on the top right corner of their screen followed by selecting the question content language when the drop-down appears
- You can click on ↓ to navigate to the bottom and ↑ to navigate to the top of the question area, without scrolling
SSC CHSL Exam 2021 Tips: Navigating to a Question
To answer a question, do the following:
- Click on the question number in the Question Palette at the right of your screen to go to that numbered question directly. By selecting an answer to the question and thereafter going to the next question directly from the question palette does NOT save your answer to the current question
- Click on Save & Next to save your answer for the current question and then go to the next question
- Click on Mark for Review & Next to save your answer for the current question, mark it for review, and then go to the next question
SSC CHSL Exam 2021 Tips: Answering a Question
Candidates must follow the below procedure for answering a multiple-choice type question
- To select your answer, click on the button of one of the options
- To deselect your chosen answer, click on the button of the chosen option again or click on the Clear Response button
- To change your chosen answer, click on the button of another option
- To save your answer, you MUST click on the Save & Next button
- To mark the question for review, click on the Mark for Review & Next button
- To change your answer to a question that has already been answered, first select that question for answering and then follow the procedure for answering the question
SSC CHSL Exam 2021 Tips: Navigating through sections
- Sections in this question paper are displayed on the top bar of the screen. Questions in a section can be viewed by clicking on the section name. The section you are currently viewing is highlighted
- After clicking the Save & Next button on the last question for a section, you will automatically be taken to the first question of the next section
- You can shuffle between sections and questions anytime during the examination as per your convenience
- The candidate can view the corresponding section summary as part of the legend that appears in every section above the question palette
Hence, nothing to worry about…. pull your socks up and push the limits hardest you can. Success will definitely be in your bag. Good Luck to all of you!