SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation
The commission has successfully conducted the SSC CGL tier 1 exam from 01 to 13 December 2022 and will now soon conduct the tier 2 exam. This is the last stage of the SSC CGL Selection Process, therefore, candidates must leave no stone unturned in their preparation. They must follow the right preparation strategy to get their dream job! But before starting their preparation, candidates must acquaint them with the latest exam pattern and the weightage of each section.
SSC CGL Tier 2 exam comprises two papers i.e., English Language and Comprehension & Quantitative Aptitude. Tabulated below is the latest SSC CGL exam pattern.
|Paper-1: (Compulsory for all posts)|
Module I: Mathematical Abilities
|2 hours 30 minutes|
Module II: Reasoning and General Intelligence
|Section-II||Module I: English Language and Comprehension||45||135|
|Module II: General Awareness||25||75|
Module I: Computer Knowledge Module
|Module II: Data Entry Speed Test Module||Data Entry Task|
|Paper-2: Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|
|Paper-3: Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer||Statistics||100||200||2 hours|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Marking Scheme:
- It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify for all the sections of Paper-I.
- Tier II will include conducting of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III in separate shift(s)/ day(s).
- Paper-I is compulsory for all the
- Paper II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these
- Paper-III will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-III e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III of Paper-I and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-II and Paper-III.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Strategy for General Awareness
As you all are aware that general awareness is a very vast subject and there is uncertainty related to it. One cannot be sure of getting all the questions from the subject. To prepare this subject, students can follow the tips given below
- Prepare handwritten notes on topics such as Indian politics, history, science, geography, the constitution, and monthly current events.
- These short notes will assist you in swiftly revising at the last minute.
- Make the utmost use of study notes provided by the exam experts at BYJU'S Exam Prep for the Static GK section.
- Memorising the information in the GK section using mnemonics, which means "to recall," can be used. It's a Greek term that signifies a shorthand or graphic that helps you remember stuff. You can also create infographics and flow charts.
- Regular revision as important as learning new information as it is important to recall the studied information in the exam hall.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Strategy for General Intelligence and Reasoning
Reasoning is the most favourite section of the SSC CGL aspirants because of the easy level of questions that have been asked in the SSC CGL Previous years papers. Let us check some of the tips that may be helpful for the candidates in the SSC CGL Preparation for tier 2.
- Building the foundation and getting a strong hold on the basic concepts is the most important for the aspirants. So the first step is to learn the basic concepts.
- Once done with that, you can check previous years papers to understand the question trend and difficulty level of the exam.
- Keep revising the basic concepts again so that you do not forget.
- Start practising questions, with the tricks and try to solve in a shorter time.
- Last but not the least, practice previous years papers and mock tests.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Strategy for Maths
- Set a time for practicing maths questions. It should be that part of the day when your mind is the most active.
- Devote at least 3-4 hours a day. One-fourth part of this duration should focus only on honing your calculation skills.
- Not all questions that are asked in the exam are difficult, some questions are very basic and scoring. Therefore, your preparation should be a good mix of easy and tough questions.
- To give your preparation an extra edge, practice the SSC CGL previous year question paperstier 2 as well as mock tests.
- Solve at least 4 practice sets (2 of each subject), SSC CGL practice set gives you speed and helps in handling the pressure during exam time.
- After checking the solution of every test, analyze the questions which are time-consuming or the one that seems difficult to solve.
- Try to solve questions with a short trick and always solve questions of that type with a fixed method or short trick so that you can solve that type of question within a second.
- If you encountered any new type of question in the practice set then jot down the question and find a simple way to solve that question.
- Note down the questions in which you use the long method or traditional approach to solve questions because these are questions that can affect your performance in the exam.
- Whenever you opt for the new test then identify the pattern in which you commit the mistakes. Make a diary and note down those mistakes and go through them before attempting any test.
- Analyze the improvement in your performance with the help of SSC CGL Mock Test.
- During the analysis of the SSC CGL tier 2 question paper, see whether you skip any questions which are easy and can be solved easily if so then try to refrain from committing such mistakes.
- Give proper time and attention while reading questions, in this way you can skip common errors.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation Strategy for English
- Devote at least 2 hours to the English Language & Comprehension subject. Just follow the points mentioned below and you will be able to score 120+ in the English section
- Start your day by learning new vocabulary words. Note down those words in your notebook and whiteboard placed just before your eyes. Whenever you take breaks from study, go through those words. Repeat the procedure every day and feel the difference.
- Take quizzes as they will introduce you to new words and idioms.
- Make a rule book and write down all the rules frequently used in grammar.
- In the English section, only three new topics are added in the SSC CGL syllabus i.e. Voice, Narration and para jumble.
- Voice and narration questions are scoring as they are totally based on rules and one can score easily on this topic on behalf of hard work and practice.
- Try to solve maximum questions in the first half, to reduce pressure.
- Improve your reading habits as 50-55 marks are based on your reading habits. To inculcate the reading habit, you don't need a newspaper. You can inculcate the habit by reading an interesting novel.
- Your time of solving mock papers must be similar to the timing of the SSC, in this way your mind gets habitual to that particular time. In this way, you will not feel pressurized at the time of the exam and thus perform better in the exam.
- Revision is the key to success, so keep revising the English language Section on a daily basis to enhance your preparation.
- Try to perform some light exercises and physical activity, as it keeps your mind cool and keeps your body energetic.
Common Doubts of the Aspirants Related to the new SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
Let us address some of the common doubts of the aspirants related to the new SSC CGL exam pattern and which eventually, creating hurdle in their SSC CGL tier 2 preparation
Question 1: What will be the difficulty level of the questions in the SSC CGL tier 2 exam as compared to questions seen in tier 2 in the previous years?
Answer: No, Big No. There are very less chances of getting more difficult questions in the tier 2 exam as compared to the SSC CGL tier 2 previous years questions. The reason behind this is although marks for each question is more in the new SSC CGL exam pattern for the tier 2 exam, but the time and the number of questions have been increased.
Question 2: Will the Difficulty level of the English questions in the SSC CGL tier 2 exam increase?
Answer: Yes, there is the possibility of getting a few difficult questions in the English section of the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam but not many. Candidates are requested to keep solving the previous years' questions and this section can be handled.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Preparation: Things to remember
The following points should be kept in mind for the SSC CGL Tier 2 preparation:
Boost your speed and avoid spending too much time on one question
Clear your concepts and memorize the formulas and short tricks
Attempt easy questions first and then move to difficult ones.
- Do not solve any mock test two to three days before the exam. Just revise the formula and go through the questions which you have noted down in your notebook.
- And the most important point is that never enter the examination hall with a view of attempting the whole paper or scoring 180+ or 190+.
- Be optimistic and make your mindset that you will give your 100% performance, no matter what the consequences will be.
- Maintain your confidence and keep yourself motivated.
All The Best !!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
Prepare for SSC Exams 2022-23 with BYJU'S Exam Prep Course
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections