SSC CGL Tier 2 examination comprises majorly of 2 papers i.e., Quantitative Ability & English Comprehension. The shift timings of the examination are given below in the table, candidates can refer to the tabulated data before going for the examination for the upcoming shifts.
Gate Closing Timing
Starting of Examination
Exam End Time
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Analysis 8th August 2022 English Comprehension: Highlights
The vital exam highlights of shift 2 i.e, Paper 2 (English Comprehension) are provided below, Candidates can check the good number of attempts, the difficulty level of the examination and other vital information.
- Good Number of Attempts: 178 - 190
- The difficulty level of the examination: Moderate
- Reading Comprehension questions were lengthy, students had to scroll down to read. This section consumed a lot of time
- Para jumble questions were lengthy too. Students were given 2-3 lines in each option to rearrange.
- Most of the questions were Easy-Moderate.
- Reading Comprehension questions were asked based on the theme of volcanic disruption and grassland.
- Cloze tests were asked about the research related to Ancient kings and a new paper article.
- Vocabulary questions were repeated from the previous years' papers.
You can also watch SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Analysis 8 August 2022 in this video.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Analysis 8th August 2022: English Comprehension
Overall the difficulty level of the exam was Moderate. Students could attempt 178-190. The below table enumerates the topic-wise questions and the number of questions along with their difficulty level:
Name of the Topic
Number of Questions Asked
|3 passages of 10 questions and 5-6 passages of 5 questions (Volcanic disruption, grassland)||Moderate (Lengthy)|
Idiom & Phrases
|20-25 ques||Moderate (Lengthy sentences)|
Active Passive Voice
Direct/ Indirect Speech
Fill in the Blanks
|2-3 (in the cloze test only)||Easy-Moderate|
One Word Substitution
Correct Spelling (Misspelt)
|2 (research related to Ancient kings, new paper article)||Easy-Moderate|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Analysis 8th August 2022 English Comprehension: Good Number of Attempts
The Good number of attempts of the examination conducted on 8th August 2022 for English Comprehension is considered to be between 178-190. Candidates can also consider good number of attempts as safe attempts in the examination.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Cut Off 2022 (Expected)
This year's expected SSC CGL Tier 2 Cut off all posts except AAO & JSO i.e., the cutoff Tier 1 + Tier 2 (Paper 1 + 2) is as follows:
SSC CGL Tier 2 Previous Years Cut Off
The SSC CGL Tier 2 Previous Years Cutoff are listed below according to various lists released by SSC:
The cutoff Tier 1 + Tier 2 (Paper 1 + 2) for all posts except AAO & JSO
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Analysis 8th August 2022 English Comprehension: Questions Asked
- 3 passages - 10 Qs
- 3 Cloze test - 25 Qs = total 55 Qs
- Incumbent - syno
- Exonerate - syno/anto
- Spelling error - enquiry
- Idiom - Hold your horses
- One word substitution - immigrant/emigrant
- One word substitution - carnivorous
- Error spotting - adverb related (peacefully)
- Idiom - Bury the hatchet
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL Tier 2 exam pattern is given below.
Number of Questions
Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities
Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension
Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)
|SSC & Railway Exams||SSC CPO Exam|
|SSC CGL Exam||SSC MTS Exam|
|SSC CHSL Exam||SSC Steno Exam|
|SSC GD Constable Exam|
All The Best !!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
Prepare for SSC Exams 2022 with BYJU'S Exam Prep Course
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections