SSC CGL Instructions: Official PDF
SSC CGL Guidelines: Do's & Don'ts
We are providing all the important SSC CGL guidelines below for candidates to go over. These guidelines are also present on SSC CGL admit card and we have expanded them here for easy understanding. Reading these SSC CGL guidelines will ensure candidates are well-prepared for tall the pre-examination procedures at the exam centre.
1. Candidates should, in addition to their Admit Card, bring-
- Candidate has to produce at least one valid document (as on date) and the original Photo Identity Proof amongst the following at the examination venue on the day of examination:
- Aadhar Card / Print out of e-Aadhar
- Voter's ID Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Service ID Card issued to employees by Central Govt./ State Govt./PSUs
- ID Card issued by University/ College/ School
- Ex-Serviceman Discharge Book issued by the Ministry of Defense
- Any other Photo Identity Proof issued by Central Govt./ State Govt.
- If the Photo Identity Card does not contain the complete Date of Birth, then the candidate must carry an additional original document as mentioned below having the Date of Birth as printed on the Admission Certificate.
- 10th Admit Card/ Pass Certificate / Marks Sheet issued only by CBSE/ ICSE/ State Boards with photographs; Birth Certificate, Category Certificate etc, issued only by Central Govt./ State Govt./ PSUs
- In case of a mismatch in the Date of Birth mentioned in the Admission Certificate and Photo ID Proof/ the Certificate brought in support of Date of Birth, the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- Two copies of their latest coloured photo (3 cm x 3.5 cm)
- If a candidate fails to bring the above documents, he/she would not be admitted to the examination venue and his/her candidature could be cancelled.
- In addition to all this candidates area advised to bring Face Mask, Hand Sanitizer, Transparent Water Bottle and COVID-19 Declaration form.
2. Prohibited items, such as watches, books, pens, paper chits, magazines, electronic gadgets (mobile phones, headphones, scanner, calculator, storage devices etc) are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED in the examination lab. If any such item is found in the possession of a candidate in the examination lab, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled and legal/criminal proceedings could be initiated against him/her. He/she would also liable to be debarred from appearing in future examinations of the Commission as per extant rules.
3. Candidates are advised not to bring the prohibited items mentioned above to the examination venue. In case they bring any such item, they would have to make their own arrangements for the safe custody of such items.
4. All Exam Labs are under Video Surveillance.
5. The candidates are advised to avoid talking to other candidates or indulging in any unfair means.
6. Candidature of candidates is purely provisional. It is advised that candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions. If at any stage it is found that a candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
7. Candidates shall be permitted to appear in the exam only at the venue as specified in the Admission Certificate
Note – Candidates reaching the venue after the entry closing time shall not be allowed to enter the examination venue and to avoid any goof up during last time make sure to each 1 hour prior to your examination.
8. Candidates shall have to undergo the process of frisking and ensure that their Biometric registration is completed before they enter the examination lab. Candidates shall not be allowed to leave the examination venue once their Biometric registration is completed.
9. Candidates must strictly abide by the instructions given by the exam functionaries (Centre Supervisor/ Invigilator, etc).
10. The candidates should ensure that they provide clear Left Thumb Impression (LTI), Certification Statement in their running handwriting and signature on Commission’s copy of Admission Certificate.
11. No candidate is allowed to leave the examination lab before the completion of the examination for any reason without permission from the exam functionaries. Once a candidate leaves the lab without the permission of the exam functionaries, he/she shall not be allowed to re-enter the examination lab and shall be debarred from the examination.
12. If any candidate is found obstructing the conduct of the examination or creating disturbances at the examination venue, his/her candidature shall be summarily cancelled. Such a candidate shall also be liable to be debarred from future examinations of the Commission and legal/criminal proceedings could be initiated against him/her.
13. If the examination does not commence at the scheduled time or is interrupted midway due to any technical snag or for any other reason, candidates should follow the instructions of the exam functionaries. They may have to wait patiently till the issue is suitably addressed and resolved. In case, the problem is major and cannot be resolved for any reason, their examination may be rescheduled for which the candidates would be duly intimated.
14. Candidates are assured that in case of any disruption of examination for any reason such as any major/minor technical snag or slow speed of server/breakdown of server etc., they will not, under any circumstances, lose the examination time to which they are entitled.
15. Candidates are advised to report to the Regional Office/ Commission, in case they notice any irregularity during the examination. The identity of such candidates will be kept confidential.
16. Candidates are advised to visit the exam venue at least one day in advance so that they can reach the examination venue on the date of the exam in time.
17. Print admit card on A4 size sheet and don't do any kind of altering to the admit card.
18. Biometric of candidates will be done prior to entering the room and once the biometric is done candidates are not allowed to leave the room.
19. Pen and Paper for rough work will be provided in the exam hall.
20. Electronic Watch will be available on the computer screen allotted to candidates.
Share your SSC CGL 2022-23 Tier 2 Exam Experience with Us
Fill the Form: Form Link (Click Here)
SSC CGL Exam Day Instructions
Refer to SSC CGL exam day instructions to be aware of what to expect once you have sat down for the exam. This will also cover important SSC CGL do's and don'ts to ensure you are able to take the exam without any inconveniences. Check out the SSC CGL instructions for the exam day below.
1. The clock will be set on the server. The countdown timer in the top right corner of the screen will display the remaining time available for you to complete the examination. When the timer reaches zero, the examination will end by itself. You will not be required to end or submit your examination.
2. The Question Palette displayed on the right side of the screen will show the status of each question using one of the following symbols:
3. The Marked for Review status for a question simply indicates that you would like to look at that question again.
4. You can click on the ">" arrow which appears to the left of question palette to collapse the question palette thereby maximizing the question window. To view the question palette again, you can click on "< " which appears on the right side of the question window.
5. You can click on your "Profile" image on the top right corner of your screen to change the language during the exam. On clicking the Profile image you will get a drop-down to change the question content to the desired language.
6. You can click on ↓ to navigate to the bottom and ↑ to navigate to the top of the question area, without scrolling.
Navigating to a Question
7. To answer a question, do the following:
- Click on the question number in the Question Palette at the right of your screen to go to that numbered question directly. By selecting an answer to the question and thereafter going to the next question directly from the question palette does NOT save your answer to the current question.
- Click on Save & Next to save your answer for the current question and then go to the next question.
- Click on Mark for Review & Next to save your answer for the current question, mark it for review, and then go to the next question.
Answering a Question
8. Procedure for answering a multiple choice type question
- To select your answer, click on the button of one of the options
- To deselect your chosen answer, click on the button of the chosen option again or click on the Clear Response button
- To change your chosen answer, click on the button of another option
- To save your answer, you MUST click on the Save & Next button
- To mark the question for review, click on the Mark for Review & Next button.
9. To change your answer to a question that has already been answered, first select that question for answering and then follow the procedure for answering the question.
Instruction for images
To zoom the image provided in the question roll the cursor over it.
Tips on How to Attempt SSC CGL 2023 Exam
Set Your order Of Attempting Questions
- Solve the questions You are confident about in the first. This will boost your confidence
- Solve the Reasoning and Quant section on the 1st or 2nd number as it is the first section of the examination.
Additional SSC CGL Last-Day Tips
- Don’t Get Stuck, Set the deadline for each question
- Skip the question taking more time
- Leave 5 – 7 Minutes to revisit the skipped questions
- Read the Questions and Instructions Carefully
- Maintain your Speed & Accuracy to Maximize your Score
- Be Confident
SSC CGL 2023 परीक्षा के दौरान पालन किए जाने वाले निर्देश
- घड़ी सर्वर पर सेट की जाएगी। स्क्रीन के ऊपरी दाएं कोने में काउंटडाउन टाइमर परीक्षा को पूरा करने के आपके शेष समय को प्रदर्शित करेगा। जब टाइमर शून्य पर पहुंच जाएगा, तो परीक्षा अपने आप समाप्त हो जाएगी। आपको अपनी परीक्षा समाप्त करने या जमा करने की आवश्यकता नहीं होगी।
- स्क्रीन के दायीं ओर प्रदर्शित प्रश्न पैलेट निम्नलिखित प्रतीकों में से किसी एक का उपयोग करके प्रत्येक प्रश्न की स्थिति दिखाएगा:
- किसी प्रश्न की समीक्षा की चिह्नित स्थिति यह दर्शाती है कि आप उस प्रश्न को पुनः देख सकते हैं।
- आप ">" तीर पर क्लिक कर सकते हैं जो प्रश्न पैलेट के बाईं ओर दिखाई देता है जिससे प्रश्न पैलेट को छोटा किया जा सकता है जिससे प्रश्न विंडो बड़ी हो जाती है। प्रश्न पैलेट को फिर से देखने के लिए, आप "<" पर क्लिक कर सकते हैं जो प्रश्न विंडो के दाईं ओर दिखाई देता है।
- परीक्षा के दौरान भाषा बदलने के लिए आप अपनी स्क्रीन के ऊपरी दाएं कोने में अपनी "प्रोफाइल" इमेज पर क्लिक कर सकते हैं। प्रोफाइल इमेज पर क्लिक करने पर आपको प्रश्न को वांछित भाषा में बदलने हेतु एक ड्रॉप-डाउन मिलेगा।
- आप नीचे तक नेविगेट करने हेतु इसपर क्लिक कर सकते हैं और बिना स्क्रॉल किए प्रश्न एरिया के टॉप पर नेविगेट करने के लिए ↑ पर क्लिक कर सकते हैं।
For complete preparation, candidates must go through the SSC Online Coaching and SSC Mock Tests by BYJU'S Exam Prep.
All The Best !!!
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections
Commentswrite a comment