SSC CGL Divisional Accountant
SSC CGL Divisional Accountant is one of the numerous positions that are filled by the SSC through the CGL exam. Divisional Accountant is in charge of monitoring accounting for many government departments as well as auditing all project transactions and expenses. Contractors will receive money for a project only after their approval and verification. Because the job does not require you to coordinate with any top officials, you will be solely responsible for making key choices. You will be on probation for two years at first. You will work for at least 6 months in a preferred city, where you will be trained and taught the many tasks and duties of a Divisional Accountant.
The position is a desk job with a fixed 9-to-5 schedule. You will be assigned to state government irrigation offices, PWD offices, public health offices, and other locations as a financial advisor or chief accountant. Your primary responsibility will be to review and approve bills raised by the division in which you work.
Divisional Accountant Salary
Divisional Accountant gets lucrative salary packages which makes it an attractive career option. The initial pay scale for a Divisional Accountant falls under Level-8 of the 7th Pay Commission's pay matrix. The basic salary for this position ranges from Rs. 47,600 to Rs. 1,51,100 per month. The complete breakdown of SSC CGL Divisional Accountant Salary Structure is tabulated below.
|Post Name||SSC CGL Divisional Accountant Salary Structure|
|Pay Level||Pay Level- 6 (7th CPC)|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 35,400 to 1,12,400|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 4,200|
|Pay Band||9300-34800 (PB-2)|
|HRA (depending on the city)|
X Cities- 27% - Rs. 9,558
Y Cities -18% - Rs. 6,372
Z Cities- 9% - Rs. 3,186
|Dearness Allowance- DA (38% of basic pay)||Rs. 13,452|
|Travel Allowance- TPTA||X Cities- Rs. 4824|
|Gross Salary Range (Approx.)|
X Cities: Rs.64,794
Y Cities: Rs.61,608
Z Cities: Rs.58,422
|Divisional Accountant In hand Salary|
|X Cities||Rs. 59,341|
|Y Cities||Rs. 56,155|
|Z Cities||Rs. 52,969|
SSC CGL Divisional Accountant Salary Slip
Since you are familiar with the SSC CGL Divisional Accountant Salary, it is important to note that certain deductions are made from the monthly salary. These deductions are typically in the form of contributions towards employee provident fund (EPF), income tax, and other applicable deductions as per government regulations. Check out the snippet to know the deductions and monthly salary of Divisional Accountant (DA).
Note: This pay slip is for June 2022 for Y City before the increment in DA (34%). Now in the current scenario, the DA is 38%.
SSC CGL Divisional Accountant Allowances
In addition to the basic salary, the Divisional Accountants recruited through SSC CGL are entitled to various allowances. These allowances are provided to enhance the overall compensation package and cater to different aspects of the job. Some of the allowances applicable to SSC CGL Divisional Accountants include:
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- Medical Allowance
- Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
SSC CGL Divisional Accountant Job Profile
The job profile of an SSC CGL Divisional Accountant entails a range of responsibilities related to financial management and accounting in various government departments and organizations. Divisional Accountants are responsible for maintaining accurate financial records, managing budgets, preparing financial statements, and ensuring compliance with financial regulations. Listed below are some of the roles and responsibilities of SSC CGL Divisional Accountant.
- Maintaining accurate financial records and managing budgets.
- Preparing financial statements and ensuring compliance with financial regulations.
- Divisional Accountants play a crucial role in budgeting and expenditure control. They analyze financial data, monitor revenue and expenses, and provide insights for effective financial decision-making.
- Handling payroll processing, audits, and financial reporting.
- Performing administrative tasks such as coordinating with other departments and preparing reports.
SSC CGL Divisional Accountant Syllabus
Candidates must have a thorough understanding of the syllabus in order to develop a study plan for the exam. The SSC CGL Syllabus remains consistent for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 exams, encompassing the same subjects. However, Tier 2 includes additional sections such as Finance and Economics, which are specific to certain posts.
Candidates who aspire to become SSC CGL Divisional Accountant should focus on subjects like Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, General Awareness, and Reasoning Ability for both tiers.
SSC CGL DA Syllabus
LCM & HCF
Direct/ Indirect Speech
Indian Polity & Constitution
Economy & Finance
Cube & Dice
Counting of figures
CI & SI
Fill in the Blanks
Pipes & Cistern
Problem on Ages
Time & Work
Art & Culture
Profit loss & Discount
Paper-cutting & folding
Note: You are advised to attempt 100 easy general knowledge questions and answers to improve your overall score.
SSC CGL Divisional Accountant 2023 Vacancy
The SSC has announced approx 7500 openings for the SSC CGL recruitment 2023. The Staff Selection Commission has yet to announce the number of Divisional Accountant positions. We will update the article whenever the SSC informs the precise number of SSC CGL vacancies for the DA post.
SSC CGL Divisional Accountant Eligibility
Candidates who want to attempt the SSC CGL Divisional Accountant exam must meet the qualifying conditions in terms of age, physical standards, education qualifications, and so on. SSC CGL eligibility criteria for Divisional Accountant is as follows:
- Nationality: A candidate should be a citizen of either India, Nepal, Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before the 1st of January 1962 to permanently settle in India.
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit for SSC CGL Divisional Accountant is 18 years and the maximum age limit is capped at 30 years. Age relaxation is also provided to the candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
- Educational Qualification: Aspirants must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University in India.
Divisional Accountant SSC CGL Preparation Strategy
The Staff Selection Commission or SSC administers different exams to choose qualified candidates for positions in the Government of India's Ministries, Departments, and Organizations. Candidates must prepare enough for the exam in order to get selected. We have compiled a list of points that a candidate might refer to as they prepare for the exam.
- Candidates should review the exam pattern and plan their preparation accordingly.
- Candidates should take brief notes so that they can revise effectively. Constant revision is required to keep the theme.
- Candidates are encouraged to& take as many Mock examinations as possible. It improves their time management and problem-solving abilities.
- Candidates can attempt freeSSC mock tests to know their weak areas and work on them.
- Candidates might practice their language skills by reading English books, newspapers, or articles.
- Choose the most appropriate study material for the candidates' preparation method.
Commentswrite a comment