SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam 2023
The Tier 2 exam is now the last stage of the SSC CGL selection process , as per the latest notification. Candidates who will qualify Tier 1 exam will be asked to appear for the SSC CGL skill test along with the computer based exam. Through this exam, candidates' computer knowledge and typing speed will be tested. It is mandatory to qualify the DEST for all the posts under the SSC CGL exam, hence candidates must leave no stone unturned to crack SSC CGL Tier 2 exam.
What is DEST in SSC CGL Tier 2?
DEST full form is " Data Entry Skill Test ". DEST comprises only a typing test in which students have to make 2000 key depressions in 15 minutes. It is a speed test that can be cleared easily by practice. DEST is qualifying in nature and is compulsory to qualify for all the posts. If we convert key depression into words per minutes, it roughly translates into 26 words per minute.
SSC CGL Posts that Require Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)
- All the Posts
Type of Mistakes in DEST
The following errors are treated as full mistakes
- For every omission of word/ figure.
- For every substitution of a wrong word /figure.
- For every addition of a word/figure not found in the passage.
The following errors are treated as half mistakes
- Spacing Errors: Where no space is provided between two words, e.g. ‘Ihope’ or undesired space is provided between the words or letters of a word e.g. hope I have, ‘I hxxave’.
- Repetition of letter: For every spelling error committed by way of repetition, or addition or transposition or omission or substitution of a letter/letters, e.g. the word ‘spelling’ typed as ‘seeplings’ etc.
- Wrong Capitalisation: Wrong use of capital letters for small letters and vice-versa. (This does not apply to Hindi typewriting scripts).
NOTE: Any corrections made by pen or pencil are ignored and no credit is given to such corrections.
SSC CGL Tier 2 DEST: Minimum percentage of Error Allowed
While evaluating the performance of candidates in their DEST in the tier 1 exam there is certain percentage of errors are allowed based on the category to which candidates belong. Maximum percentage of errors allowed (i.e. minimum qualifying standards) in Module 2 of Section 3 of Paper 1 of Tier-2 Examination i.e. DEST are as
- UR : 20%
- OBC/ EWS : 25%
- All other categories : 30%
Is SSC CGL Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) part of SSC CGL Selection Process?
No, Computer proficiency Test, popularly known as CPT, is no longer part of the SSC CGL Selection process from the year 2022. Earlier, for the posts of Assistant Section Officer (CSS), Assistant Section Officer (MEA), Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under M/o Corporate Affairs, Assistant (GSI) in the Ministry of Mines, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer) and Inspector (Examiner), CPT was compulsory to qualify. CPT was comprised of three modules- Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Generation of slides.
SSC CGL Document Verification (DV)
Every candidate is required to attend the document verification. Candidates who do not comply shall be disqualified from consideration for final selection. From the year 2022, Document verification will be conducted from the respective department and not by the Staff Selection Commission.
Revisions to post preference options will be permitted. Any candidate who desires to modify his or her preference may do so. If no selections are updated, the options given in the application form will be considered final.
The documents required for SSC CGL DV:
- The admit card in original
- Valid photo-bearing ID proof
- Both original and photocopy of Class 10 & 12 certificates, mark sheet of every semester/year of graduation. If a semester/year-wise mark sheet not available, then a consolidated mark sheet is required.
- SC/ST/OBC certificate in the prescribed format.
- If seeking age relaxation, then a Central Government Employee Certificate and NOC is required.
- Discharge certificate in case of an Ex-Serviceman.
- OH/VH/VV certificate in case of physically handicapped category.
- Passport-sized photographs
Also Check, SSC CGL Mock Test and SSC CGL Online Coaching to ensure perfect preparation.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Result
Following the completion of DEST and Document Verification, the SSC will compile an All India Merit List for each category of position. The final merit will be calculated based on the marks obtained in Tiers 2 as well as the applicants' preferences.
All The Best !!!
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections
Commentswrite a comment