SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam 2022
The Tier 4 exam is the last stage of the SSC CGL selection process. Candidates who will qualify in all the stages will be asked to appear for the SSC CGL skill test. Through this exam, candidates computer knowledge and typing speed will be tested. It is mandatory for many inspectors as well as assistant posts, hence candidates must leave no stones unturned to crack SSC CGL Tier 4 exam.
SSC CGL Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
What is Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)?
The SSC CPT is a qualifying exam, and the marks of CPT are not included in the final merit list. However, any applicant who fails to meet the required minimum level will be eliminated from consideration for those two positions. There are no exceptions for any Physically Handicapped applicant category.
SSC CGL Posts that Require Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
- Assistant Section Officer (CSS), Assistant Section Officer (MEA)
- Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under M/o Corporate Affairs,
- Assistant (GSI) in Ministry of Mines
- Inspector (Central Excise)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
- Inspector (Examiner)
CPT includes three modules- Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Generation of slides.
- Word Processing: You will be given an English passage 2000 key depressions has to be made in 15 minutes. The paragraph has no formatting such as bold, italic, underlining, and so on. The paragraph typed is compared to the number of errors made. Accuracy, coupled with quickness, is essential. The candidate's accuracy level should be kept at 95 percent. This is not a very challenging task if you practice typing daily.
- Spread Sheet: In this module, students will be given to perform basic Mathematical Operations like Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division on a Microsoft Excel sheet. Students should know the basics of Microsoft Excel.
- Generation of slides: In this module, students have to make slides on Microsoft PowerPoint. Students must have knowledge of Header, Footer, Inserting Date & Time, and basic knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint. In 15 minutes, the candidate must construct the identical slide using Microsoft PowerPoint.
SSC CGL Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)
What is DEST in SSC CGL?
- DEST full form is "Data Entry Skill Test". DEST comprises only a typing test in which students have to make 8000 key depression per hour, i.e. 2000 key depressions in 15 minutes. It is a speed test that can be cleared easily by practice. DEST is nothing but stage-1 of the CPT exam.
SSC CGL Posts that Require Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)
- Tax Assistant (Central Excise & Income Tax)
Type of Mistakes in DEST
The following errors are treated as full mistakes
- For every omission of word/ figure.
- For every substitution of a wrong word /figure.
- For every addition of a word/figure not found in the passage.
The following errors are treated as half mistakes
- Spacing Errors: Where no space is provided between two words, e.g. ‘Ihope’ or undesired space is provided between the words or letters of a word e.g. hope I have, ‘I hxxave’.
- Repetition of letter: For every spelling error committed by way of repetition, or addition or transposition or omission or substitution of a letter/letters, e.g. the word ‘spelling’ typed as ‘seeplings’ etc.
- Wrong Capitalisation: Wrong use of capital letters for small letters and vice-versa. (This does not apply to Hindi typewriting scripts).
NOTE: Any corrections made by pen or pencil are ignored and no credit is given to such corrections.
Candidates declared qualified in List 3 will be called for CPT. The candidates called for CPT will not be called for DEST separately and Module 1 of CPT will be taken for evaluating their performance against DEST.
Check Out: SSC CGL Skill Test official notification PDF
SSC CGL Document Verification (DV)
Every candidate is required to attend the document verification. Candidates who do not comply shall be disqualified from consideration for final selection.
Revisions to post preference options will be permitted. Any candidate who desires to modify his or her preference may do so. If no selections are updated, the options given in the application form will be considered final.
The documents are required for SSC CGL DV:
- The admit card in original
- Valid photo-bearing ID proof
- Both original and photocopy of Class 10 & 12 certificates, mark sheet of every semester/year of graduation. If a semester/year-wise mark sheet not available, then a consolidated mark sheet is required.
- SC/ST/OBC certificate in the prescribed format.
- If seeking age relaxation, then a Central Government Employee Certificate and NOC is required.
- Discharge certificate in case of Ex-Serviceman.
- OH/VH/VV certificate in case of physically handicapped category.
- Passport-sized photographs
SSC CGL Tier 4 Result
Following the completion of CPT/DEST/Document Verification, the SSC will compile an All India Merit List for each category of position. The final merit will be calculated based on the marks obtained in Tiers 1, 2, and 3 as well as the applicants' preferences.