1. Gautama Buddha
- The founder of Buddhism, Gautama Buddha, was born in Lumbini, 563 BC, in the house of King Shroudhan of Ikshvaku Kshatriya Shakyakul.
- His mother's name was Mahamaya which was from the Koli dynasty
- His wife's name was Yashodhara, and the son's name was Rahul.
- After the harsh practice of the years, he got knowledge under Bodhi tree in Bodh Gaya (Bihar), he gave his first sermon in Sarnath, which is called the Dramaprabartak Chakra
- In 483 BC at 80 years of age died (Mahaparinirvana) in Kushinagar Uttar Pradesh.
- Banabhatta was a writer and poet of Sanskrit prose of the seventh century.
- He was the poet during King Harshvardhan's reign (606 BC to 646 BC).
- His two major works are Harshacharitam and Kadambari.
To Improve Score in GK Section refer to the video of GK (30 Questions in 30 Minutes)- Click Here
3. Ziauddin Barani
- Ziauddin Barani was a historian and political thinker who lived in India during the time of Muhammad bin Tughlaq and Feroz Shah Tughlaq.
- 'Tarike Phorozshahi' is his famous historical work. Ziauddin Barani was born in the Syed family in 1285 AD.
- Ziauddin was a resident of Baran (modern Bulandshahr), so he used to add Barni in his name.
- He died in 1357 AD.
4. Amir Khusro
- His real name was - Abul Hassan Yemenuddin Muhammad.
- Amir Khusro was born in the Patiali village (Kasganj) in Uttar Pradesh's Etah district in 1253.
- He was a Persian poet and used writing in Hindavi.
- He used to call himself parrot-e-Hind.
- He is credited with the invention of the Khadi Boli.
5. Abul Fazal
- He was born on 14 January 1551 in Agra.
- Abul Fazl was the second son of Sheikh Mubarak Nagori.
- His two compositions are Akbarnama and Nayne Akbari.
- In 1602, Bundela king Veerasinghadeo killed Abul Fazl by provoking Prince Salim.
- Birbal was one of the Navaratnas in the court of the Mughal emperor, Akbar.
- Birbal's satirical stories and poetry compositions made him famous.
- Birbal was born in 1528 AD in the city of Kanpur, in 'Trikikampur', i.e., in Tikwapur.
- Birbal had adopted the Din-i-Elahi religion. He died in 1586 AD.
7. Sir Syed Amad Khan
- Syed Ahmed Khan was born on October 17, 1817, in Sadat (Syed), Delhi.
- He was a teacher, lawmakers, and writers and was the founder of the Anglo-Mohammedan Oriental College, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Sir Syed Ahmed was a reformer and a visionary, who made an effort throughout his life for education among Muslims
8. Rani Lakshmi Bai
- Rani Lakshmibai was a freedom fighter in the first Indian freedom struggle of 1857.
- She was born on 19 November 1835 in Bhadaini town of Varanasi. Rani Laxmibai's childhood name was Manikarnika; people used to call her Manu.
- Manu's mother's name was Bhagirathibhai and his father's name was Moropant Tambe. She was married to Maharaj Gangadhar of Jhansi.
- Opposing Dalhousie’s doctrine of lapse she died fighting the British in Gwalior on June 18, 1858
9. Nana Saheb
- Nana Saheb was one of the architects of the first struggle of Indian independence of 1857. His original name was 'Dhondumpant'.
- In the freedom struggle, Nana Saheb led the rebels against the British in Kanpur.
- Nana Sahib was born in 1824 in the house of Madhavarnayana Rao, a resident of Venugram.
- His father was a brother of Peshwa Bajirao II.
10. Tatya Tope
- Tatya Tope was born in 1814 AD in the village of Yeola in the Patauda district near Nashik.
- His father's name Pandurang Triambak Bhatt and his mother's name was Rukmini Bai.
- He was the commander of the army of Nana Saheb.
11. Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya
- Mahamna Madan Mohan Malaviya was born on 25 December 1861 in a Brahmin family of Allahabad. His father's name was Brajnath Malaviya and his mother's name was Munadevi.
- Malviya Ji founded Banaras Hindu University in the year 1915.
- He was elected Congress president in the year 1909, 1918, 1930 and 1932.
- He died at the age of 85 years of age on 12 November 1946.
- The Government of India honoured him with Bharat Ratna on December 24, 2014.
12. Motilal Nehru
- Motilal Nehru was born on May 6, 1861, in Agra. He was the father of the first Prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
- He chaired the Congress session of 1919 in Amritsar and Calcutta in 1928.
- In 1923, he along with CR Das set up Swaraj Party.
- He was president of the Indian Constitution Commission established by Congress in 1928. This commission presented the Nehru Report.
- Motilal Nehru passed away in Allahabad in 1931.
13. Ramprasad Bismil
- Ram Prasad Bismil was born on June 11, 1897, in the Shahjahanpur district of Uttar Pradesh. His father's name was Murlidhar, and his mother's name was Basmati.
- Ram Prasad Bismil was a freedom fighter, poet, translator, historian, and literary writer.
- Sarfrosi ki Tamanna is his composition. He was involved in the kakori train robbery. And was hanged by the British government on December 19, 1927, in Gorakhpur Jail.
14. Mangal Pandey
- Mangal Pandey was born on 30th January in Nagwa village of Ballia district.
- He was a platoon soldier in the "34th Bengal Native Infantry" stationed at the Military Cantonment of Barrackpur near Kolkata.
- He refused to use greased cartridges and mutinied and killed his adjutant and was hanged On 8 April 1857
15. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
- Jawaharlal Nehru was born on 14th November 1889 in Allahabad.
- In 1947, he became the first Prime Minister of independent India.
- His sister Vijayalakshmi Pandit later became the first woman president of the United Nations General Assembly.
- In 1916 He got married to Kamala Nehru, and in 1923, he was made the general secretary of the Indian National Congress.
- Jawaharlal Nehru died on May 27, 1964, due to a heart attack.
16. Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Lal Bahadur Shastri was born on 2 October 1904 in Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh).
- After the death of Jawaharlal Nehru, he was made the Prime Minister of India on June 9, 1964. He died in Tashkent.
- He was awarded Bharat Ratna in 1966. He gave "Jai Jawan Jai Kisan" slogan.
17. Kabir Das
- Saint Kabirdas was a famous poet of Hindi literature. Through his poems, Dohe criticised many ill practices prevalent in society.
- He was born in 1425 AD in Varanasi.
- Neelu-Neema raised him.
- His principal composition is Sakhi, Sabad, Ramani.
- He is considered one of the best poets of the Hindi language He was born in 1552 in Rajapur, Uttar Pradesh.
- His master's name was Narharidas.
- His principal works include Ramcharitmanas, Vinayastika, Dahavali, Kavitavali, Hanuman Chalisa, Vairagya Sandeepani, Janaki Mangal, Parvati Mangal etc. He died in 1680.
- Surdas was a poet of Hindi literature, was born in 1478 AD. He is said to be blind by birth.
- His principal compositions are Saurasagar, Surasaravali, Sahitya Lahari His master's name was Balbhacharya He died in 1583.
20. Ustad Bismillah Khan
- Bismillah Khan was born on March 21, 1916, in Dumraon, Bihar.
- Famous Shehnai maestro honoured with 'Bharat Ratna' (2001)
- Bismillah Khan was honoured with the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1956.
- He was also honoured with the Tansen Award by the Government in Madhya Pradesh.
- He died on August 21, 2006.
|Serial No.||Book Name||Author Name|
|1.||Uttar Pradesh General Knowledge||Upkar Prakashan|
|2.||UTTAR PRADESH GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, (UTTAR PRADESH GK), UTTAR PRADESH SAMANYA GYAN HINDI ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS||LUCENT PUBLICATION|