Answer: B. The inner curve of an arch
Soffit in an arch is defined as the inner curve of an arch.
Soffit & intrados are used synonymously.
- The outer curve of an arch is called extrados.
- The inner surface of an arch is called intrados or soffit.
- The highest or peak point of extrados is known as the crown.
- The triangular space formed between the extrados and the horizontal line drawn through the crown of an arch is known as Spandril.
- Hence, Soffit in an arch is defined as the inner curve of an arch.
☛ Related Questions:
Commentswrite a comment