Analytical Reasoning for SET Law - SLAT Analytical: SET Law, Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT) is an entrance exam conducted by the Symbiosis International (Deemed) University (SIU) to offer admissions in the five-year integrated law courses i.e. BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.). The law courses are offered at four law schools of SIU as:
1) Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Pune,
2) Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Noida
3) Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Hyderabad
4) Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Nagpur
The SLAT entrance exam tests the candidate on the five Subjects. This article comprehensively sets out tips to score good in Analytical Reasoning for SET law to ensure an efficient attempt as well as a cutting edge score. This article will also give you clarity about the areas from which questions are frequently asked in the main Exam.
SLAT Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme
The analytical reasoning questions and marks are explained below in the detailed SLAT exam pattern 2021. A total of 12 questions are asked for 12 marks.
Questions per section
Marks per section
SLAT Analytical Reasoning Syllabus and Topics
The section SLAT analytical reasoning is a very important part of the exam. The major areas covered in this examination are as follows. You must also check the detailed SLAT syllabus 2021 to gain a better understanding of the exam.
- Series-Numeric and Alphabetic
- Coding and Decoding
- Cube & Dice
- Blood Relations
- Clocks and Calendars
- Sitting Arrangement
- Cause and Effect questions
- Critical Reasoning
- Misc Reasoning
How to prepare Analytical Reasoning for SLAT Exam
- Analysing SLAT previous year papers, will give you a clear idea of what kind of questions were asked in the examination.
- You should remember all the concepts, facts and theories of the related topic which you will get in the SLAT Syllabus.
- Practising more will help you to increase your accuracy in the paper. For that, you should remember your basic concept so that you can solve questions in a limited time.
- If the section is not your strength, then you can give more time to this section but you should be prepared to spare a few minutes from other sections.
- Understand the questions and their direction carefully and then answer the following questions.
- Apply short tricks to crack analytical sections effectively.
- Remember the facts is always right and should be applied strictly to the given facts in the Analytical section.
Some SLAT Sample Analytical Reasoning Questions
Here a few sample questions to help you in your Analytical Reasoning preparation for the upcoming SET Law exam.
1.Two different positions of the same dice are shown. Select the number that will be on the face opposite to the one having ‘6’.
A. 1 B. 5 C. 2 D. 4
Solution: Ans. C. 1 and 3 are the common in both the figure. So 2 will be opposite to 6. Hence, option C is the correct answer.
2. In the following question, some statements followed by some conclusions are given. Taking the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts, read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows the given statements.
1. Some bags are hot.
2. All hot are cakes.
I. All cakes are bags.
II. All bags are cakes.
- Conclusion I follows
- Conclusion II follows
- Neither I nor II follows
- D. Both I and II follows
Solution: A possible Venn- Diagram is:
I. All cakes are bags - false, it is not a definite case.
II. All bags are cakes - false, it is not a definite case.
So, neither I nor II follows. Hence, option C is the correct answer.
3. Five friends- B, C, D, E and F are sitting in a row facing south. D is second to the right of C . B sits at one of the end and is sitting second to the right of F. Who sits exactly in the middle?
A. F B. S C. O D. Q
Solution: Ans. A.
* D is second to the right of C.
* B sits at one of the end and is sitting second to the right of F.
final arrangement is:
so, F sits exactly in the middle. Hence, option A is the correct answer.
4. If the following figure is folded to forma cube, then which number will be on the face opposite to the face having number ' 1’ ?
A. 4 B. 6 C. 5 D. 1
Solution Ans. B.
Let’s compare dice, on folding, we observed the faces that are opposite to each other are:
2 → 5
1 → 6
3 → 4
So, it is clear that ‘1’ is opposite to ‘6’. Hence, option B is the correct answer.
SLAT Books for Analytical Reasoning Section
Check a few of the reference books to prepare the analytical reasoning section.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning- R S Aggarwal
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning- A K Gupta
- Analytical Reasoning- M K Pandey
Download previous year SLAT question paper to understand what kind of questions are asked in the Analytical reasoning section.
Must read SLAT articles
- SLAT Exam Day Check List 2021: Dates and Exam Timings
- SLAT 2021- Answer Key & How to Download It
- SLAT Reading Comprehension Preparation: Syllabus, Questions, Topics, Preparation Books and More
- SLAT WAT 2021: Tips for Written Ability Test (WAT) & Expected Topics
- What is Home Proctored Mode? How to Give SLAT 2021 Exam Online
- Why SLAT 2021? Career in SET LAW
Crack CLAT 2023 & Reach Your Dream NLU! So, why wait?
CLAT 2023: A Comprehensive Course (with Foundation module):
Start Free Trial Now!
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai...
All the Best!!!