Simon Commission Overview
The committee was tasked with examining the operation of the democracy system put in place by the Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms of 1919 AD and reporting on the feasibility of establishing a representative government in India. Here are all the facts below.
- The commission's members were all White.
- In its Madras Session in 1927 AD, chaired by Dr. Ansari, the National Congress resolved to boycott the commission.
- The Hindu Mahasabha and Muslim League made the decision to back the Congress.
- The commission met with Hartals and a black flag demonstration on February 3rd, 1928 AD, with the rallying cry "Simon Go Back."
- Lala Lajpat Rai was badly assaulted in Lahore during a lathi charge, and on October 30, 1929, he passed away from his wounds.
- The 1930 AD Simon Commission report served as the foundation for the 1935 Government of India Act.
Simon Commission of 1927 was boycotted because? (A) There was no Indian member in the commission (B) It supported the Muslim League (C) Congress felt that the people of India are entitled to Swaraj (D) None of the above
Because there was no Indian member of the Simon Commission in 1927, the commission was boycotted. Due to the protest, we have lost our many freedom fighters like Lala Lajpat Rai.
Commentswrite a comment