What is SEBI Grade A?
The Securities and Exchange Board of India, based in Mumbai's Bandra-Kurla-Complex, regulates the Indian securities market. SEBI's mission is to protect the interests of securities investors while also promoting and regulating the securities market.
SEBI issues notifications for various Grade A(Assistant Manager) positions. SEBI provides young aspirants with an engaging work environment as well as challenges in carrying out its triple functions as a quasi-legislative, quasi-judicial, and quasi-executive authority.
You can practice the most expected questions for the SEBI Grade A exam in the Regulatory body Online Test series.
SEBI Grade A Notification 2022 Overview
The overview is a crucial part of every recruitment notice. Students should read the exam overview to learn about the recruiting body, the number of positions, application costs, exam dates, and other vital details. We'll go through all of the elements of the notification and the exam in-depth in the table below.
|Name of the exam||SEBI Grade A|
|Conducting body||Security Exchange Board of India|
|Post name||Grade A(Assistant Manager)|
|Notification release date||5 January 2022|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Frequency of exam||Once in 2 year|
|Stages of exam||Phase 1, phase 2, and interview|
|Level of exam||National|
|Exam language||English, Hindi|
SEBI Grade A Notification 2022 Important Dates
The exact schedule for the SEBI Grade A exam has been released along with the official advertisement. For the convenience of applicants, the SEBI Grade A exam dates are mentioned here. The table below contains all of the important dates for the interested candidates.
SEBI Grade A 2022 Notification
SEBI Apply Online 2022 Start Date
Last Date of SEBI 2022 Apply Online
Payment of Online Fees
SEBI Grade A Admit Card 2022
|1 week before the exam|
SEBI Grade A Prelims Exam Date 2022
|SEBI Grade A Pre Result 2022||March 1st week 2022|
SEBI Grade A Mains Exam Date 2022(Except paper-2 of Information Technology Stream)
Paper-2 of Phase-2 of Information Technology Stream
SEBI Grade A Mains Result
|To be Announced|
To watch concept classes and chapter-wise sessions by exam-qualified experts, you can try our SEBI Grade A Online Coaching.
Download SEBI Grade A Recruitment 2022 Notification PDF
SEBI Grade A Notification 2022 Vacancy
Let's discuss the SEBI Grade A vacancy 2022. The authority has announced a total of 120 vacancies for different posts. Please go through the below table.
SEBI Grade A Application Fees
The SEBI Grade A Recruitment 2022 application fee will be paid online. The fee for the price/intimation is non-refundable. The application fees for SEBI Grade A 2022 are listed below, grouped by category:
SC/ ST/ PWD
SEBI Grade A Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidate must first go through the list of eligibility criteria to check if/she is eligible to apply for the exam. Please go through the list of eligibility criteria as per last year's notification.
1. Educational Qualification
- General - Masters degree in any discipline, bachelor's degree in law, Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering from a recognized university, CA /CFA / CS / Cost Accountant.
- Legal - Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University/Institute.
- Information Technology - Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical /Electronics / Electronics And Communication / Information Technology / Computer Science) OR Masters in Computers Application OR Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a postgraduate qualification (minimum 2 years duration) in Computers / Information Technology, etc. for different categories.
2. Age Limit( as on 31/12/2021)
- The maximum age limit is 30 years,
- However, there is age relaxation for the reserved categories as per the government norms which is provided in the table below-
Other backward classes (OBC) Non-Creamy layer
The person with disabilities (General)
The person with disabilities (SC /ST)
The person with disabilities (OBC)
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2022
Along with the notification advertisement, the Security Exchange Board of India has also released the exam pattern for SEBI Grade A 2022. You should review the official exam pattern for SEBI Grade A 2022.
- Phase-2(Objective + Descriptive)
Overview of the Prelims Exam Pattern
- The prelim stage of SEBI Grade A consists of 2 papers.
- There are overall cut-off criteria for every paper. But there is no sectional cut-off.
- After clearing the overall paper cut off candidates need to satisfy the overall cut-off of the entire paper.
- 1/4th of the assigned mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
- The phase-1 exam is only qualifying in nature and is not counted for the final merit list.
|Paper 1||General Awareness|
Test of Reasoning
General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects
Legal, Information Technology, Engineering Stream (Civil & Electrical), Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized subject related to the stream.
100 and 40 minutes
Research Stream:- Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and Commerce.
Overview of the Mains Exam Pattern
- Candidates need to clear the sectional cut-off of each paper along with the overall aggregate cut-off.
- There will be a sectional time limit and mark for every paper.
- The marks obtained here will be added while preparing the final merit list along with the interview marks.
All streams: English (Descriptive Test) to test
the drafting skills
General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies
Act and Economics.
Legal and Official Langauge Stream:
Multiple choice questions on Specialized subjects related to the stream.
Research Stream: Multiple choice questions
on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and Commerce.
Information Technology Stream: Coding
Test (Languages: C++/JAVA/Python)
Aggregate Cut off
Only the candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. Candidates who are not selected for Phase II and Interview will not receive a refund of their application money. The candidate has the option of having an interview in Hindi or English. Marks earned in Phase II will be given an 85 percent weighting, while marks received in the interview will be given a 15 percent weighting.
Probation: The successful candidates for the position of Officer Grade 'A' will serve a two-year probationary period. The candidates' employment with SEBI will be confirmed if they do well during their probationary period.
SEBI Grade A Salary 2022:
The SEBI Grade A Assistant Manager's pay scale is INR 28150-1550(4)-343501750(7)-46600-EB-1750(4)-53600-2000(1)-55600 (17 years). Presently, the gross emolument including SEBI’s Contribution towards National Pension Scheme (NPS), Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, Local Allowance, etc. at Mumbai at the minimum of this scale is approx. ₹1,15,000/- p.m. without accommodation and ₹80,500/-p.m. with accommodation.
SEBI Grade A Apply Online 2022
Interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply online by visiting the below link. They need to fill the application form by following the required guidelines.
How to Apply Online for SEBI Grade A Notification 2022?
Eligible candidates can apply online for the SEBI Grade A Assistant Manager 2022 Examination in their appropriate stream. Candidates are not required to submit a paper copy of their completed online application to SEBI.
- Open the "careers" tab on the SEBI official website.
- Click on "Apply Online".
- A new window will be opened.
- Now click on "New Registration".
- Your registration number and password will be sent to your email address.
- Now you will have to log in with your credentials.
- Fill out your application form and upload your documents.
- Upload a high-quality scanned copy of all necessary documents and submit them.
- Pay your application fees online by completing the application fee payment process.
- After making successful fee payment, keep the completed application form and fee payment receipt as a PDF soft copy or print it off for future use.
Related Useful Links
|SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2022||SEBI Grade A Cut-off|
|SEBI Grade A Question Papers||SEBI Grade A Salary|
If you are aiming to crack SEBI Grade A2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.