1. Indian Navy’s Marine Commandos’ base INS Karna commissioned - Indian Navy has commissioned INS Karna, an independent base of Marine Commandos (MARCOS) at Bheemunipatanam Naval Base, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
2. Varunastra - Indigenously-built heavyweight anti-submarine torpedo Varunastra successfully inducted in the Indian Navy. With this India becomes one of the eight countries in the world to have the capability to design and build such anti-submarine torpedo system.
3. The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) chaired by Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has given its approval to for the purchase of 145 Ultra-Light Howitzers (ULH) guns from the US.
Note: As part of this deal, 25 ULH guns will come to India directly from US in a fly away condition. Rest will be assembled in India at the proposed Assembly Integration and Test facility (AITF) for the weapon system in partnership with Mahindra and Mahindra Company.
4. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) unveiled indigenous Basic Trainer Aircraft (BTA) HTT-40 in Bengaluru. HTT-40 stands for Hindustan Turbo Trainer-40. It is two-seater aircraft designed and developed indigenously by the HAL.
5. The United States (US) Senate (Upper House) approved amendment to enhance military co-operation with India as part of National Defence Authorisation Act -2017. Under it, military co-operation with India will be for developing military doctrine, threat analysis, force planning, logistical support and intelligence collection and analysis.
6. NASA unveils X-57 Hybrid Electric Research Plane - The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) unveiled the iconic X-57 Hybrid Electric Research Plane nicknamed as Maxwell.
7. India's first reusable space shuttle, RLV-TD launched from Sriharikota – Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched its maiden indigenous winged Reusable Launch Vehicle (RLV) from Sriharikota spaceport in Andhra Pradesh. It was carried up on a solid rocket motor (SRM). The nine-ton SRM was designed to burn slowly to accommodate the vertical lifting of winged body.
8. NATO launches biggest ever Joint Military Exercise Anaconda-16 in Poland – The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) members and partners on 6 June 2016 launchedAnaconda-16 Exercise, the biggest ever joint military exercise in Poland.
9. The USA launched the Phase 2 of the European Phased Adaptive Approach (EPAA) missile defence system in Romania. As part of this, a new ground-based missile defense system will be set up at the US naval support facility in Deveselu, Romania.
10. NASA’s Juno spacecraft has successfully entered into the orbit of Jupiter and started orbiting solar system’s most massive planet. The spacecraft was launched by NASA as part of its New Frontiers program in 2011 to study Jupiter’s composition, gravity field, magnetic field, and polar magnetosphere.
11. The US Researchers at the Harvard-Smithsonian Centre for Astrophysics have discovered a rare triple-star system with a gas giant planet that is similar in size to Jupiter.
12. Google’s next operating system is ‘Android N’
13. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) signed Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with IIT-Bombay and Madras to establish a bi-nodal ‘Centre of Propulsion Technology’ (CoPT) at the two institutions.
14. China inducted its largest indigenously-built transport aircraft named as Y-20, marking a crucial step in its Air Force history for improving its strategic power projection capability.
15. China to launch First Hack Proof Quantum Communication Satellite
16. Mars crater named after Nepal quake-hit village Langtang
17. World’s largest international maritime exercise named RIMPAC (Rim of the Pacific) 2016 held in Pacific Ocean at Hawaii, United States. 26 countries participated in RIMPAC 2016 exercise.
18. ‘Mana’ is the name of the newly launched knowledge-based artificial intelligence platform of Infosys. Aims to drive automation and bring in innovation amongst businesses.
19. China recently announced to have developed the world’s first graphene electronic paper which can be used to manufacture state-of-theart e-readers and wearable smart devices.
20. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully tested the first technology demonstrator of indigenously made reusable launched vehicle RLV-TD from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
21. Indian Railways, PEC sign MoU to set up Kalpana Chawla Chair on geospatial technology.
22. India Post goes high-tech, geo-tags post offices on mobile app called BHUVAN.
23. The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated an Intelligent Operations Centre and launched a Mobile App ‘Monitor’ for transformation of President’s Estate into a smart township at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
24. Indigenously developed fecal incontinence management system ‘Qora’
- To train the next generation of medical technology innovators in India
- To develop innovative and affordable medical devices to augment unmet clinical needs of India
25. Odisha govt to establish 100 more model schools & Odisha govt constructs 10 lakh pucca houses in two years.
26. Himachal Pradesh launches artificial propagation programme of mahseer fish for conservation.
27. Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi inaugurated the e-Archive website and the e-Learning portal of WCD Ministry.
28. India’s own submarine assembly workshop inaugurated at Mazgaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
29. The Indian Navy commissioned indigenously built highly maneuverable Fast Attack Craft INS Tarmugli at the commissioning ceremony held in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
30. International Defence Expo held in Malaysia.
31. INS Tarasa - Indian Navy launched the fourth and last ship in the series of the Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC). It is being built by Kolkata (West Bengal) based Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd (GRSE), for the Indian Navy. The WJFACs are ideally suited and used for interception of fast-moving surface craft.
32. The medium range surface-to-air missile missile (MR-SAM) developed jointly by India and Israel successfully test-fired.
33. A new civilian high-resolution mapping satellite “Ziyuan III 02" has been successfully launched by China
34. First women fighter pilots to be formally commissioned by the Indian Air Force__. Mohana Singh, Bhawana Kanth,Avani Chaturvedi.
35. TaihuLight is the world’s most powerful supercomputer, as per the 2016 edition of Top500 list of supercomputers.
36. Potassium Bromate a Cancer causing chemical has been banned by Union Government as food additive.
37. ISRO launches record 20 satellites in a single mission: Indian Space Research Organisation launched a record of 20 satellites in one single launch, including India's latest earth observation Cartosat-2 Series Satellite, onboard PSLV C-34 from Sriharikota.
Key points –
- The satellites weighing totally around 560 kg are from US, Canada, Germany and Indonesia as well as one satellite each from Chennai's Sathyabama University and College of Engineering, Pune.
- They would be injected into a 505 km polar Sun Synchronous Orbit.
38. China launches Yaogan-30 remote sensing satellite to carry out land surveys.
39. NASA launches near-space monitoring balloon from New Zealand.
40. Hyperion spectrometer is the instrument of NASA on its Earth Observing-1 (EO-1) that helped to measure methane emissions from a single, specific leaking facility on Earth’s surface -
Commentswrite a comment