Science and Technology Books for UPSC
Earlier, the questions from General Science were asked directly, but it has changed now. To score good marks in Science and Technology, candidates need to have in-depth knowledge of the latest technologies and a basic understanding of basic science. In that case, candidates need to have the best Science and Technology Book for UPSC by their side. There are various Science & Technology Books are available for UPSC preparation, and they cover a wide range of topics that are included in the Science and Technology UPSC Syllabus.
Best Science and Technology Books for UPSC
The best Science and Technology Books for UPSC are given below.
- Science and Technology Book 1- Science & Technology For Civil Services Exams
- Science and Technology Book 2-Science and Technology in India - Kalpana Rajaram - Spectrum
- Science and Technology Book 3-General Science For Civil Services Preliminary Examinations - S.A.Majid
- Science and Technology Book 4-1000 Plus Questions on General Science - TMH
- Science and Technology Book 5-NCERT books for standards IX, X, XI, XII
Additional Science and Technology Book for UPSC
Apart from the above-mentioned science and technology for UPSC books, candidates can also count on the below-mentioned science and tech books for UPSC.
- Objective General Science - Expert Compilations
- UPSC Portal General Science MCQs 1000+Q
Candidates must remember that the science and technology portion comes from current affairs as well. That's why they must read the whole page of SCI and TECH that comes in The Hindu newspaper on Sunday.
How to Prepare with Science and Technology Book for UPSC
Even if you have the best UPSC Books, you won't be able to secure good marks without a proper strategy in the UPSC exam. The way UPSC is framing questions lately has changed rapidly since 2013. Currently, UPSC focuses more on applied sciences than the theoretical ones. That's why candidates need to cover the Science and Technology Book for UPSC accordingly to the trend.
- First, you need to analyze the UPSC Syllabus thoroughly, and then you can get an idea about where to start for the science and tech section.
- NCERTs and basic sciences books are insufficient for the UPSC Civil Services Examination. Hence the candidates need to prepare with some advanced science and technology for UPSC books.
- Focus on the latest technological developments. Apart from the Science and Technology Book for UPSC, you need to depend on other study materials like newspapers and magazines.
- You must make short hand-written notes while reading the science and tech books. It would be helpful during the revision period.
- Go through the UPSC Previous Year Question Papers to understand the types of questions asked from this section and prepare accordingly.
- Look for the previous year's questions in the science and technology for UPSC books and practice them.
- Keep a tab on government organizations' websites and note the recent global developments.
- A combination of the Science and Technology Book for UPSC with other sources would do wonders, and it would be much easier for you to crack this portion in the UPSC Exam.