What is SBI PO Recruitment/Exam?
- Every year State Bank of India recruits talented and energetic young minds for its baseline employees.
- A Probationary Officer is an entry-level post for any PSU bank for an officer-level cadre.
- Similarly SBI every year recruits around 2000 young and passionate candidates as Probationary Officer.
- Candidates have to go through a series of stages like prelims, mains, interview, and group discussion to finally become the employee of the largest public sector bank of India.
- After selecting as a Probationary Officer, he/she can be posted anywhere in India to take forward his/her responsibilities.
SBI PO Notification 2022 Overview
Overview of any official recruitment notification is an important aspect. Students must go through the exam overview to collect all the important details like recruiting body, number of vacancies, application fees, exam dates, etc. Let's discuss all the details of notification and exam details in a comprehensive manner in the following table.
|Name of the exam||SBI PO|
|Conducting body||State Bank of India|
|Post name||Probationary Officer|
|No of vacancies||1673|
|Notification release date||21 September 2022|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Stages of exam||Prelims, Mains, and GD/interview|
|Level of exam||National|
|Exam language||English, Hindi|
SBI PO Vacancy - Year Wise
Let's discuss the vacancy of SBI PO recruitment over the last few years. Also, you will get a fair idea of the upcoming vacancy.
|Year||Number of vacancies|
Let's go through the below table to know the exact category-wise vacancies of SBI PO 2022.
|Category||Regular Vacancy||Backlog Vacancy|
SBI PO Application Fees 2022
The application fee for SBI PO Recruitment 2022 will be paid online. The price/intimation fee is non-refundable and non-transferable to another exam. The following are the application fees for SBI PO 2022, organized by category:
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2022
This is the first step where a candidate will first check whether he/she is eligible to apply for the SBI PO recruitment or not. In this phase, he/she has to check educational criteria and age criteria.
Candidates who want to work as probationary officers for SBI must meet all of the SBI PO eligibility requirements. Officials from the State Bank of India set the requirements for SBI PO eligibility criteria.
Education Qualification:(as of 31/12/2022)
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University
- Those in their final year/semester of study may also apply provisionally, subject to the requirement that, if called for an interview, they produce proof of passing their graduation examination on or before December 31, 2022.
Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as of 01.04.2022 i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 01.04.2001 and not earlier than 02.04.1992 (both days inclusive). Relaxation in the Upper age limit shall be as below:
Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe
Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWD)
- PWD (SC/ ST)
- PWD (OBC)
- PWD (Gen/ EWS)
Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service
Click to know more about SBI PO eligibility criteria here.
SBI PO Notification 2022 Important Dates
The exam dates and recruitment notice for SBI PO 2022 have been announced. In the table below, candidates can see all of the relevant Important dates:
On-line registration including Editing/ Modification of Application by candidates
22.9.2022 to 12.10.2022
Payment of Application Fee
22.9.2022 to 12.10.2022
Download of Preliminary Examination Call Letters
1st /2nd week December 2022 onwards
Phase-I: Online Preliminary Examination
17th, 18th, 19th & 20th December 2022
Declaration of Result of Preliminary Examination
December 2022/January 2023
Download of Main Examination Call letter
2nd /3rd week December 2022 onwards
Phase-II: Online Main Examination
Declaration of Result of Main Examination
Phase-3 Psychometric Test
Interview & Group Exercises
Declaration of Final Result
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2022
Along with the official notification, the State Bank of India has also released the exam pattern for SBI PO 2022. As you know that, SBI always shocks the aspirants by either any change in the SBI PO exam pattern or with the new types of questions in the exam, this year also you have to be ready to accept such vital changes in the official notification.
Overview of the Prelims Exam Pattern
Name of test
No. of Questions
- The SBI PO prelims exam is qualifying in nature.
- The total mark is 100 marks.
- The total time duration is 1 hour.
- There are a total of 3 sections i.e English, reasoning ability, and quantitative aptitude.
- There will be 30 questions from English and 35 questions each from reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude.
- There is a sectional time of 20 minutes for each section.
- For each wrong answer. 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Overview of the Mains Exam Pattern
Name of the test
No. of Qs.
General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
- It consists of both objective and subjective questions.
- There are 4 sections in the objective test i.e reasoning ability & computer aptitude, data analysis and interpretation, English, and general/financial awareness.
- Reasoning ability & computer aptitude section will consist of 45 questions with 1 hours time,
- The data analysis and interpretation section will consist of 35 questions with 1 hour time.
- English language section will consist of 35 questions with 40 minutes time.
- The general awareness/financial awareness section will consist of 40 questions with 40 minutes time.
- In the subjective test, you will have to type 1 letter and 1 essay.
- The subjective test will be of 50 marks with 30 minutes time.
- There is no sectional mark for both prelim and main.
Phase-III: In view of the Social Distancing and safety measures necessitated due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 3rd Phase may comprise of
(i) Interview only (50 marks) OR
(ii) Interview (30 marks) & Group Exercises (20 marks).
Candidates will have to score minimum qualifying marks in Phase-III to be considered for final selection. The minimum qualifying marks will be decided by the Bank
Some Important Tips to Start SBI PO 2022 Preparation
- First, go through the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Start from the basics of every section.
- Make a proper study plan and stick to it.
- Cover 1-2 chapters every week and practice questions.
- Practice quizzes from BYJU'S Exam Prep.
- Do revise properly.
- Attempt mock tests.
- Analyze properly and assess your strong and weak areas.
SBI PO 2021 Success Story:
SBI PO 2020 Success story:
Related Useful Links
|SBI PO Mock Test||SBI PO Online Coaching|
|SBI PO Cut Off||SBI PO Vacancy|
|SBI PO Application Form||SBI PO Eligibility Criteria|
|SBI PO Syllabus PDF||SBI PO Selection process|
|SBI PO Question Papers||SBI PO Salary|
|SBI PO Study Material||SBI PO Practice Set|
If you are aiming to clear IBPS/SBI exams in 2022-2023, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.