Now, let's first discuss the pattern of the SBI PO Personal Interview and Group Exercise Round.
SBI PO: Personal Interview and Group Exercise Round 2021-22
There are some changes in the SBI PO PI and GE round this year. Due to the effects of the pandemic, the SBI has decided the third phase will be consist of either of the following:
1. Interview only (50 marks)
2. Interview (30 marks) & Group Exercises(20 marks)
So for this article, we'll assume that SBI PO will follow its trend will conduct both Group Exercise. Now let's look at the Important tips for the group exercises.
The candidates need to know the SBI PO Cut-Off criteria to have a clear idea about it.
Important Tips for SBI PO Group Exercises
In SBI PO the Group Exercises are consist of the following:
1. Group Discussion (10 Marks)
2. Consensus/Prioritization Exercise. (10 Marks)
Now Let's look at some important tips for GD and PE for SBI PO 2021-2022.
You can practice mock tests for the upcoming IBPS Clerk Main 2022 with the SBI PO Test Series designed by BYJU'S Exam Prep experts.
Important Tips for Group Exercise:
Following are some important terms to keep in mind while appearing in the GD.
- In the GD round, You will be called along with 9-10 other candidates into the conference room where you will sit in a semi-circular manner facing the moderators.
- The moderators will be top SBI executives and they will provide you with the topic for the GD once the introduction is completed.
- If you are familiar with the topic given then it is beneficial for you to start the discussion otherwise listen to fellow candidates carefully and try to gain some perspective before organizing your thoughts.
- Always try to present your points very clearly and concisely and avoid repeating the same point over and over.
To watch sessions by exam-qualified experts for the upcoming SBI PO, you can try our SBI PO Online Coaching.
- During the GD the moderators usually judge your speaking ability, confidence, communication skills, listening skills, and leadership quality. So put your points in a calm, clear, and concise manner while carefully listening to other candidates' points.
- Try not to be aggressive or too defensive in your argument. Also, let others speak without interruptions.
- Try to maintain eye contact with all your fellow candidates while speaking and do not fix your gauge at one person.
- Body Language plays a vital role in GD. Try to be confident when speaking and maintain your composure.
- In the end, try to conclude the discussion with a suitable conclusion. Try to come to a probable conclusion at the end of the discussion.
Important Tips for Consensus/Prioritization Exercise
- In this round, contestants will be provided with a set of, usually 7 to 10, points which they will have to prioritize according to their understanding of the topic/ situation/ thinking ability.
- Candidates are supposed to arrange these points in decreasing order of priority from top to bottom.
- You would be given a few minutes to decide the priority list yourself and then 15-20 minutes to discuss it with your fellow candidates.
- At the end of these 15 minutes, your group must have made their consensus on the points.
- Be open-minded and use an all-around perspective while prioritizing the points given in the exercise.
Important Tips for SBI PO Personal Interview
- The motive behind the Personal Interview round is to assess the various traits of the candidate's personality and to know whether the candidate will be able to handle the roles and responsibilities of the post, i.e., Post of Probationary Officer.
- The interview round is a formal interaction so appearing in an appropriate attire is important.
- For Male candidates, wearing a light-colored shirt with a tie, preferable, well-ironed pants, and black or brown color formal shoes is the best combination.
- Female candidates can choose between western formal wear or Indian formal wear.
- During the Interview round, there will be 5-6 Sr. executives from the bank. Do remember to ask for permission before entering the room and greet them before taking your seat.
- Answer all their queries and questions with positive body language and make sure to maintain eye contact with all the members of the panel.
- Don't be anxious and nervous while interacting with the interview panel. Take your time to assess their questions and answer them in a calm and composed manner.
- The members of the interview panel are well-educated and experienced individuals. So, do not try to outsmart them and be honest while answering the questions. Also, never try to be extreme about your opinions.
- If you do not know the answer to the interviewer's questions then politely tell them that you are not aware or do not know the answer to the questions.
- Try to include your hobbies and other extracurricular activities in your introductions so that you can direct the interest of the interview panel to those areas. Similarly, if do not mention anything that you don't want the interviewer's thoughts to be redirected at and asked questions upon.
- Make sure that you are aware of the current happenings, famous places of your home town, banking awareness, and basic knowledge of your graduation field. If possible then try to read that day's newspaper before going for the interview. Interviewers tend to ask questions from these areas.
The candidates must be looking for the SBI PO Salary which can be checked here.
These are the important tips that will surely help you in your interview round for SBI PO Exam 2021-22. This will be all for this article, For more details and such articles, stay tuned with us and follow us on the BYJU'S Exam Prep app.
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.