What is Arithmetic in Bank Exams?
Arithmetic is a field of mathematics concerned with the study of numbers and the different operations that can be performed on them. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division are the four basic math operations.
In Bank exams, you have to use these operations to solve problems related to some specific chapters or concepts. The arithmetic chapters included in the Bank exam syllabus are percentage, average, partnership, interest, profit-loss, mensuration, time-work, and many more.
Importance of Arithmetic in Bank Exams
- In most of the prelims exams, you will get around 10 arithmetic questions. In mains, you can expect around 15 arithmetic questions.
- Even you can expect Data Interpretation sets mixed with arithmetic concepts in the Mains.
- So arithmetic is a major and important part of the Quantitative aptitude section of bank and insurance exams.
- Many students either skip this section or neglect it. But with a little conceptual clarity and practice, you can easily solve 7-9 questions.
- By securing a good mark in this section, you can even increase your chances of final selection.
- Percentage, average, and ratio-proportion are the basic chapters of arithmetic.
- Start from the basic chapters and then go for other arithmetic chapters and DI.
Arithmetic Tips For SBI PO & Clerk 2022
The smart study, not rigorous study. For competitive tests, nearly every topic in math is significant, but there are a few ideas that come up frequently. Determine those areas, and then carefully practice them.
You are certain to be baffled by questions involving intricate and interconnected structures in the math part of competitive tests. Simply redo the shapes on a rough sheet separately, and then reply to the question.
Learn the square and cube roots for numbers up to 40 and keep your memory of the multiplication facts at least up to 30. By using these tricks, you can speed up time-consuming calculations.
It helps you increase your speed and pinpoint the areas where you still lag when you take competitive assessments that are timed. Therefore, continue honing the fundamental ideas until you feel ready to master them.
What Are The Topics Asked In Arithmetic?
After reading this blog, we hope that math problems for competitive exams won't be a nightmare for you any longer. Watch Youtube or app session taught by our experts if you need any more advice on how to perform well in competitive tests. We will provide you with the necessary direction and preparation tips so you can ace any competitive test with flying colors.
Arithmetic Study Material for SBI PO and SBI Clerk 2022 Exam
For the next SBI PO/ SBI Clerk 2022 exam, check out the quantitative aptitude study materials. Kindly cover all the study notes of quantitative aptitude provided below.
Some Arithmetic Questions Included in PDF
A shopkeeper bought 40Kg of wheat at the rate of 35 per kg. He sold thirty percent of the total quantity at the rate of Rs. 45 per kg. Approximately, at what price per kg should he sell the remaining quantity to make 25% overall profit?
A. Rs. 43 B. Rs. 45 C. Rs. 47 D. Rs. 38 E. None of these
2. Aman's expense is 30% more than Vimal's expense and Vimal's expense is 10% less than Raman's expense. If the sum of their expenses is ₹ 6447, then what would be Aman's expense?
A. ₹2200 B. ₹ 2457 C. ₹ 1890 D. ₹ 2100 E. None of these
3. If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 240% and the denominator of the fraction is decreased by 50%, the resultant fraction is What is the original fraction?
A. 1/4 B. 2/3 C. 5/12 D. 4/11
E. None of these
Download Arithmetic Questions PDF for SBI PO & Clerk Exam
You can download the free PDF of the most important 30 questions of Arithmetic with their answers from the links given below:
If you are aiming to clear SBI Clerk 2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.