SBI Clerk Prelims exam is scheduled to be conducted in June 2021. All the students who are preparing for this exam must buckle up their seat belts to score maximum marks in the exam. There is sectional timing in the SBI Clerk prelims exam and thus, you will get only 20 minutes to attempt each section. You must plan your exam strategy beforehand so as to attempt maximum questions in the minimum time. In this article, we are going to discuss the strategies to attempt all the sections in 20 minutes each.
Best Time Management Tips for SBI Clerk 2021 Exam
Parameters for time management
- You should know about your weak and strong areas.
- You must be good at question selection.
- You should know the short tricks to solve lengthy questions.
- Your speed and accuracy must be maintained.
- You have planned the exam strategy beforehand.
Work on all the above-mentioned parameters to manage time efficiently in the exam.
Time Management Tips to Attempt Quant in 20 minutes?
Quantitative Aptitude is a calculative but scoring section. If we go through the analysis of previously held clerical banking exams, the following topics were asked:
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equation
- Data Interpretation
Most of the above-mentioned topics come in a set of 5 questions. Also, around 10-15 questions are being asked from the Arithmetic section. So, you should plan the sequence of topics & decide the ones to be attempted first.
Least time taking topics: Simplification, Approximation and Data Interpretation
These topics are calculative but can be done easily if you have practiced them well. You must know calculation short tricks to solve them quickly. In DI, try to analyze answers by graphs and try to apply option elimination method to answer quickly.
- After that, attempt Number Series and Quadratic Equation problems. Give a single attempt to them. Don’t waste much time in analyzing the pattern of the questions.
- In the end, attempt questions on arithmetic topics.
- Attempt easy topics first. Try to attempt at least 25 questions in 20 minutes with complete accuracy.
- Practice quant sectional tests and quizzes to score well.
Time Management Tips to Attempt Reasoning in 20 minutes?
The reasoning is a tricky section and requires quick analyzing power to solve the questions. The important reasoning topics in the prelims exam are as under:
- Series (Numeric, Alphanumeric, Symbol, etc.)
- Seating Arrangement and Puzzles
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
- Order and Ranking
Let's discuss the strategy to attempt questions in the exam:
- Prepare all these topics well. Around 15 questions are asked from Puzzles and it can be a score booster for you.
- Practice more than 100 questions of each topic. This will help you solve questions in the exam easily.
- In the exam, attempt easy and less time taking questions first.
- Don’t start with the puzzle if you are not having a good command over it.
- Topics like Inequality, Series, Blood Relation are less time taking. You can start with these topics.
- After that, attempt Coding-Decoding and Puzzle problems. Give a single attempt to the Puzzle. Don’t waste time in solving the puzzle again and again.
- At last, attempt remaining topics like Syllogism, Direction Sense, etc.
- Try to attempt 23+ questions in this section in the time span of 20 minutes.
- Attempt quizzes and sectional mock test of Reasoning regularly to check your preparation level.
Time Management Tips to Attempt English in 20 minutes?
In the prelims phase of the exam, students often attempt this section at last and end up attempting a fewer number of questions. But this time, due to the sectional timing, you have to give equal importance to this subject too.
You will be given 20 minutes to attempt 30 questions and you must try to attempt 20+ questions in this section. Here is the list of topics that can be asked in the exam:
- Sentence Correction/Improvement
- Error Detection
- Para jumble
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Phrase Replacement
In this section, we often see the variation of the pattern in several topics. So, to ace this section you have to build up these three basic parameters: good reading skills, knowledge of grammar rules, vocabulary. If you have all three capabilities, you can answer all the above topics easily.
- In the exam, do not start with lengthy topics like Reading comprehension and Para jumbles.
- Attempt Fillers, Cloze Test, and Error-based questions first.
- Make sure that you do not guess the answer to the question. Also, try to use the option elimination technique in this section.
- Attempt vocab-based questions in RC first.
- In Para Jumble, try figuring out the first and last sentence to answer the questions easily.
- Practice 50+ questions of all the topics to strengthen your command.
Tips to keep in mind while preparing for the exam
- Have a thorough understanding of the basic concepts of each topic
- Dedicate definite study hours to each subject in your daily routine. Decide study hours as per your work schedule and follow it until the day of the exam
- Prepare handy notes of important formulas, Short tricks, and don't forget to revise them before the last week of the exam
- Practice sectional & full-length Mock test. This is the best way to improve your speed and accuracy in the actual exam
- Analyze the Mock Test Results. It is the best way to understand your strong and weak areas. Find out where you are lacking. Improve your weak areas. Work on your mistakes so that you do not repeat them
Tips to keep in mind while Attempting the Mock Test or Final Exam
- Be careful in question selection. Do not start with lengthy topics
- Maintain your speed and accuracy while attempting the test
- Do not spend much time on a single question
- Attempt easy topics first
- Guess-work is a Big NO. Your inaccuracy will lead to negative marking
To provide maximum benefit to the students, we have launched a new course targetting SBI Clerk. So Gradians, with a proper approach and better guidance, now crack the exam with SBI Clerk 2021: Complete Course.
To start a free trial of this course, click on the link given below:
What will you get in this course?
- 250+ Interactive Live Classes
- 2000+ Interactive Quizzes
- 200+ PDFs
- 25+ Full-Length Mock Tests
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
1. Avail recent trend Mock Tests which are designed by Exam Experts.
2. Detailed Question Level Solution Analysis.
3. Complete Performance Report along with Strength and Weakness Assessment.
4. Know your All India Rank.
5. Tips and tricks by experts to Crack the Exam.
All the best!
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai.
BYJU'S Exam Prep wishes you happy learning