Saksham is a scheme run by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), implemented by AICTC to encourage and support specially abled youngsters to pursue technical education. This is an endeavor to provide every young kid with special needs the opportunity to continue their education and prepare for a successful future.
Salient Features of the Scheme
The total number of scholarships awarded each year is 1000. (500 for Degree and 500 for Diploma)
If an eligible applicant is not available in any of the Degree/Diploma level Programs, the Scholarships for Degree and Diploma are transferrable.
Candidates will be chosen on the basis of merit after passing the qualifying examination to pursue the corresponding Technical Degree/Diploma degree at any AICTE approved institution.
Amount of scholarship:
o Each year, a tuition fee of Rs. 30,000/- or the real amount, whichever is less, plus incidentals expenses of Rs. 2000/- each month for ten months.
o In the event of tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, students are eligible to receive Rs. 30,000/- for the purchase of Books/Equipment/Softwares/ Laptop/Desktop/Vehicle/Fee paid towards competitive examination application forms/exam/specific equipments/softwares for visually impaired/ speech and hearing disabled.
- 15% reservation for SC candidates, 7.5 percent for ST candidates, and 27 percent for OBC candidates/applicants.
- The candidate must be admitted to the first year of a degree/diploma programme in any AICTE-approved institution in the respective year through the State/Central Government's Centralized Admission procedure.
- A Specially Abled Student is one who has a disability of at least 40%.
- Annual family income of not more than Rs. 8 lakh in the previous financial year (in the event of a married lady, the income of her parents or in-laws, whichever is higher, would be taken into account).
- You must not have previously received any of the scholarships (either State or Central Government Sponsored).
More from us