Recruitment in SAIL via GATE 2022:
The recruitment in SAIL via GATE 2022 is done for the post of Management Trainee (Technical). This is one of the most important posts in the technical department at the entry-level in SAIL or any other PSU.
Job Profile for Engineering Candidates: Candidates will be selected as “Management Trainees (Technical)" in E1 grade.
Training & Probation Period: The selected candidates from GATE 2022 scores and Personal Interview will have to undergo training for one year. Thereafter on completion of successful training, they will be designated as Junior Managers.
Details of SAIL Recruitment 2022:
Here in the following table, you will get to know about the upcoming SAIL recruitment from GATE 2022 scores.
|Organization Name||Steel Authority of India Limited – IISCO Steel Plant, Burnpur|
|Job Type||Central Govt.|
|Total Vacancy||A huge number of vacancy|
|Starting Date for Submission of online application||The first week of March 2022|
|Last Date for Submission of online application||Third week of March 2022|
|Official website||sailcareers.com/ portal.mhrdnats.gov.in|
Eligibility Criteria for SAIL Recruitment for GATE 2022:
- Applicants should possess the degree of graduation/PG in relevant disciplines they are eligible to apply for SAIL Recruitment 2022.
- According to the SAIL Exam Eligibility, Candidates must clear the GATE 2022 cutoff which will be declared by the SAIL authority after the GATE 2022 exam.
- The age of the candidate should be between 18 to 28 years.
Relaxation In Age
- According to the SAIL Exam Eligibility, the Maximum age will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ ST candidates.
- Maximum age is relaxable by 3 years for OBC candidates.
- In the case of the PWD category, the maximum age is relaxable by 10 years for GENERAL, 15 years for SC/ ST, and 13 years for OBC.
Selection Process for SAIL Recruitment through GATE 2022:
Below are the important steps of the selection procedure of SAIL MT via GATE 2022:
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done based on GATE 2022 scores which will be released later in the 3rd week of March 2022.
- After this, there will be further rounds of personal interviews and group discussions of the above-selected candidates.
- For the PI round, candidates are required to carry all the original documents (degrees and mark sheets).
- If a candidate qualifies after the personal interview round, he/she will have to meet the required medical parameters as announced by SAIL.
- The final merit list will be prepared according to the weightage of marks given to the above procedures. Here we are providing an earlier procedure followed in 2019 to give an idea of what can be the formula of calculating the merit list.
Stages of Selection
On the basis of the merit list category-wise for each discipline on the basis of GATE 2019 marks
Group Discussion (GD)
Personal Interviews (PI)
Medical Fitness as per SAIL guidelines
Salary Structure of SAIL Management Trainee:
The SAIL provides a handsome salary to its entry-level candidates also. We are providing you a breakdown of the salary of a Management Trainee employee of SAIL.
|Salary Component||Amount (₹)|
|Pay Scale||20,600 – 46,500|
|DA (Dearness Allowances)||29,128|
|Superannuation Benefits (EPF+PRMB+Other)||14,918|
|Total Gross Salary||83,186|
SAIL Cutoff Score from Previous GATE Exam:
Here we are providing you with a glimpse of the cutoff score for SAIL recruitment in 2018.
|Engineering Discipline||UR||OBC (NCL)||SC||ST|
Vacancy Breakup for SAIL Recruitment in 2019 :
Here is the vacancy breakup for SAIL Recruitment for 2019 via GATE 2019 score. The vacancy breakup for 2022 will be provided after the announcement of the official notification.
|S. No.||Discipline||No. of Posts|
Important Dates for SAIL Recruitment via GATE 2022:
The below provided dates are provided as the expected dates. Confirm dates will be provided after the official announcement by SAIL
GATE 2022 Dates
GATE 2022 Notification Release Date
1st August 2021
GATE Application Form 2022 Start Date
2nd September 2021
Last Date for GATE 2022 application form
28th September 2021
Last Date for application with late fee
1st October 2021
Defective Applications will be displayed for correction
26th October 2021
Last date for rectification
1st November 2021
Last Date for change of Category, Paper
12th November 2021
GATE Admit Card
3rd January 2022
5th February 2022
Announcement of Result
17th March 2022
SAIL Recruitment Announcement
Will be announced in the 3rd week of March (expected)
SAIL MT Vacancy 2019: No.of Vacancies
|Discipline||GATE Paper||No. of Posts|
Eligibility Criteria for SAIL Recruitment through GATE 2019
- For Management Trainee (Technical) posts in SAIL, candidates having an essential degree in Engg (full time) with 65% marks(average of all semesters in all years)
Interview Tips for SAIL recruitment through GATE 2022:
- The most common question is - Why do you want to enter SAIL?
- Why you have opted for this department primarily for MT?
- What is the purpose of a Management trainee ( the department you applied for )?
- Prepare your hobbies at most bound two (something productive ).
- Prepare production subject as the main work is the production.
- Learn about Steel trade and imports in India.
- Learn about the modern scenario in India and the international market for Steel.
- Lastly, Prepare four subjects well and have a swift revision of all subjects, don't depend on that they will ask you your favourite subject.
- Dress well yourself ( suits are not required as it will be summertime). Well means a neat ironed shirt and trousers ( formal) along with a tie.
- Have faith that you have scored this rank among lakhs of the student, so definitely, and you can perform again. Be confident, not overconfident.
- Think before you say an answer in the conference room. It is better to give a valid answer with a pause rather than useless logic promptly.
- Please don't argue with the board; remember you need a job they previously were there and retired in a few years ago.
- Don't bluff unless you think the conversation is already had twined up.
For more information about other PSU recruitment processes. Read PSU Recruitment through GATE 2021
Click here to check out SAIL official website.