RPSC RAS 2021 Preparation Tips
It is very important to know all the aspects related to the RPSC RAS examination before beginning with the preparation as it helps assess fast pacing and concluding the preparation. Like UPSC, the RPSC Rajasthan Administration Service has three stages of the examination.
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personality Test
Complete understanding of the RPSC RAS exam pattern and the syllabus of examination helps prepare and excel better, so is true with the RPSC RAS.
Following are the tips to strategize and prepare better for the RPSC examination:
1. Power of previous year paper
Analyzing past year RPSC papers is important to get hold of the topics that are frequently asked in any examination. This is the smartest way to prepare for the RPSC exam rather than the conventional subject-wise manner (which is generally practiced in the graduate examination). We have also provided previous year's papers of RPSC RAS.
2. Follow the trend
It is crucial to go through the detailed RPSC RAS exam pattern of all three stages of the examination. It is important to aware of the pattern like the number of questions asked in different papers, marking scheme, timing, mode of paper, etc. It helps a candidate plan & prepares in a better way. Check out the detailed exam pattern.
RPSC RAS Preliminary Examination
RPSC RAS Mains Examination
Number of papers
12 Hour (3 Hour Each paper)
Mode of Examination
3. Macro & Micro timetables: By this, we mean that never make a rigid timetable with many stringent aspects of covering subtopics within a particular time frame of minutes. Be flexible yet goal-oriented. Make a timetable in such a manner that 2-3 revisions are ensured.
4. Practice Mock Test: This is the most important part of the preparation journey. Giving mocks just not check your current knowledge but also helps to identify your key mistakes. If possible, do attempt sectional tests per day; do not merely keep covering the syllabus. Try to analyse mocks and identify your week areas and work on them.
5. Time Management: Develop a habit of reading, studying, and memorising the theoretical aspects but do not forget to retain them in long term memory. Remember, the RPSC RAS examination is a year-long cycle and candidates need to recall and express the learning after 12 months sometimes. So plan your things accordingly.
6. Make a habit of writing notes: Keeping notes and revising through the notes helps revise better. Self-made notes are so handy that you can easily revise.. It also helps to retain and recall in a better way, and in the examination gives an edge.
7. Revision: After completed 60 - 70% of the RPSC RAS exam syllabus, a candidate is advised to opt for simulated test series, meaning attempting full-length tests. So, to develop that understanding and practice, learn by attempting the mocks in the real exam like situations. Remember revision is the key to sucess.
Wish you all the best