1. Suryakumar Yadav becomes 1st Indian player to score 1,000 T20I runs
- Indian batsman, Suryakumar Yadav has become the first Indian and second player to score 1,000 T20 International runs in a calendar year.
- He has accomplished this feat in final Super 12 stage match against Zimbabwe at Melbourne.
- He has scored 61 not out of just 25 balls, consisting of six fours and four sixes.
- In the 28 innings, he has scored 1,026 runs at an average of 44.60.
- Mohammad Rizwan, who scored the 1326 runs in 2021, was the first player to achieve the feat.
2. Russia becomes India's top oil supplier in October
- As per the data, Vortexa (Energy Cargo Tracker), Russia has surpassed Saudi Arabia and Iraq, to become the top oil supplier of India in October 2022.
- Russia, which imported 0.2% of all oil by India in March 2022, has supplied 9,35,556 barrels per day of crude oil to India in October (highest ever).
- It now makes up for 22% of India's total crude imports, ahead of Iraq (20.5%) and Saudi Arabia (16%).
- In June 2022, Iraq was top oil supplier, while Russia was at second.
National & International Appointments
3. Centre appoints non-executive Chairman in four Public Sector Banks
- The Appointments Committee has appointed Non Executive Chairman on the Boards of four Public Sector Banks - Canara Bank, Punjab National Bank (PNB), Union Bank of India and Punjab & Sind Bank.
- Vijay Srirangam has been appointed as part-time Non Official Director and Non Executive Chairman of Canara Bank for three years.
- Other appointments:
- PNB: K G Ananthakrishnan
- Union Bank of India: Srinivasan Varadarajan
- Punjab & Sind Bank: Charan Singh
4. Nagaland organised Tokhü Emong Bird Count
- The first edition of the Tokhü Emong Bird Count (TEBC) was organised by Nagaland from November 4 to 7, 2022.
- Aim: To spread awareness about Nagaland’s bird diversity.
- This event was organised in collaboration with the Wokha Forest Division and the Divisional Management Unit, Nagaland Forest Management Project (NFMP), Wokha, and Bird Count India.
- It was held during the Tokhü Emong post-harvest festival of the Lotha Nagas
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi; CM: Neiphiu Rio
National & International Organizations
5. WTW Global Gender Wealth Equity report released
- According to "2022 Global Gender Wealth Equity" report, published by WTW, on average women are expected to reach retirement with just 74% of the wealth that are accumulated by men.
- Asia Pacific has one of the lower global wealth gaps on average for gender wealth equity.
- The gender wealth gap is the largest in India at 64%.
- Only 3% of women in the workforce occupying senior positions.
- Women are expected to accumulate just over three-quarters (76%) of men’s wealth levels
Banking & Finance
6. SBI raises FY23 credit growth target to 14-16% on corp loans
- State Bank of India (SBI) has revised its credit growth outlook from 11-12% to 14-16% for the current financial year (FY23).
- Reason: To driven by strong revival in capex cycle and corporates replacing overseas credit with rupee loans.
- SBI has a pipeline of corporate loans worth ₹3.5 trillion under sanction.
- The country’s largest lender (SBI) is seeing demand from infrastructure, renewable power, oil and marketing companies, and services sectors.
7. Indian Army registers IPR of new design and camouflage pattern uniform
- The Ministry of Defence has announced that the Indian Army has registered ‘Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)’ of the new design and camouflage pattern uniform.
- The process for registration of Improved Combat Uniform was completed by the Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademark, Kolkata.
- With the IPR, the rights of design and camouflage pattern rests solely with the Indian Army.
- Unauthorised manufacturer will be liable to face legal repercussions.
8. Delhi tops Employees Provident Fund Organisation coverage
- According to the vision document of EPFO, Delhi and Goa have topped the chart in terms of EPFO coverage and Maharahtra in terms of absolute number of working age population.
- Delhi has topped the chart with 61.5% and Goa with 51.4% of their working population.
- Haryana is place at the third with 35.3% of its working population under EPFO, followed by Karnataka (29.6%) and Uttarakhand (26.7%).
- The EPFO coverage is the lowest in Tripura, Assam, and Meghalaya.
9. Vadodara issued first-ever municipal bond
- Vadodara has become the second Indian city to issue a municipal bond with assistance from the US Treasury Department’s Office of Technical Assistance.
- Aim: To provide funds for infrastructure projects in Vadodara.
- The officials from US Embassy and US Treasury joined counterparts from Ministry of Housing, city of Vadodara, and SEBI.
- Pune was the first city to issue municipal bond in 2017.
- The bond was oversubscribed by 10 times and was priced at a low yield of just 7.15%
10. Indian Army approves five Make II projects
- Indian Army has approved project sanction orders of five Make II projects.
- Aim: To provide an impetus to India's vision for self-reliance.
- Projects: High-Frequency Man Packed Software Designed Radio, Drone Kill System, Infantry Training Weapon Simulator, 155mm Terminally Guided Munitions and Medium Range Precision Kill System
- These are industry-funded projects, that involves design, development and innovative solutions by Indian vendors for development of prototypes.