1. Indian Navy hosted Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise Simbex 2022
- Indian Navy is hosting 29th edition of Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) from 26th to 30th October 2022 at Visakhapatnam
- It is being conducted in two phases: Harbour Phase at Visakhapatnam from 26 to 27 October 2022 followed by Sea Phase in Bay of Bengal from 28 to 30 October 2022
- SIMBEX exercise began in 1994 and were initially known as Exercise Lion King
- RSS Stalwart and RSS Vigilance (Victory Class Corvette) from Singapore will join the exercise
Arts & Culture
2. Ministry for Rural Development inaugurates the Saras Food Festival-2022
- Union Minister of State for Rural Development, Faggan Singh Kulaste has inaugurated ‘SARAS FOOD FESTIVAL, 2022’
- He also launched the e-commerce portal www.esaras.in for better and more effective marketing of Saras products prepared by women of self-help groups.
- It will be conducted from 28th October to 10th November 2022 at Handicraft Bhawan, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, CP, New Delhi.
- It is a unique example of women’s empowerment.
Arts & Culture
3. DST inaugurates 1st ASEAN-India Start-up Festival 2022
- DST secretary, Srivari Chandrasekhar has inaugurated 1st ASEAN-India Start-up Festival (AISF) in Indonesia
- It is being hosted in conjunction with Indonesia Research and Innovation Expo (INA-RIE) from 27th to 30th Oct 2022
- It is part of over-all ASEAN-India Science, Technology and Innovation Cooperation program between ASEAN Committee on Science, Technology, and Innovation (COSTI) and DST, India and is supported under ASEAN-India Science and Technology Development Fund
Banking & Finance
4. NHAI InvIT Non-Convertible Debentures listed on BSE
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari rang the opening bell at Bombay Stock Exchange to mark the listing of Non-Convertible Debentures of National Highways Authority of India Infrastructure Investment Trust- NHAI InvIT.
- Minister informed that 25% of Non-Convertible Debentures (NCDs) have been reserved for retail investors with minimum investment slab being just Rs 10,000.
- NCDs offer an effective yield of 8.05% per annum with highest credibility
Summits & Conferences
5. ECI to host two-day international conference in New Delhi
- Election Commission of India (ECI) will host a two-day international conference beginning 31st October in New Delhi
- Theme: Role, Framework & Capacity of Election Management Bodies.
- It will be inaugurated by Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar and concluding session will be chaired by Election Commissioner Anup Chandra Pandey.
- ECI leads the Cohort on Election Integrity, which was established as a follow on to the ‘Summit for Democracy’ held in December 2021.
National & International Organizations
6. WHO released the Global TB Report 2022
- WHO has released the Global TB Report 2022 that notes the impact of the COVID-19 on the diagnosis, treatment, and burden of disease for TB all over the world
- As per the report, India’s TB incidence for 2021 is 210 per 100,000 population, compared to the baseline year of 2015 (incidence was 256 per lakh of population in India); there has been an 18% decline which is 7% points better than global average of 11%
- India is placed at 36th position in terms of incidence rates
7. Noted artist Neel Pawan Baruah passes away
- Renowned artist Neel Pawan Baruah (86 years) passed away in Gauhati Medical College & Hospital, Assam.
- He was a prominent painter and illustrator, who founded the Assam Fine Arts & Craft Society at Guwahati in 1971 to revive the art of Brindabanivastra, famous textile painting associated with Mahapurush Srimanta Sankardev.
- He was awarded the 'Assam Sourabh' award by the Government of Assam in 2021.
8. Chenab White Water Rafting Festival starts at Shibnote
- Doda district administration has started Chenab White Water Rafting Festival under ‘Back to Village Phase-4’ to promote adventure tourism round the year.
- It was inaugurated by Deputy Commissioner Doda Vishesh Paul Mahajan and SSP Doda Abdul Qayoom at Shibnote area of Prem Nagar, 35 km from Doda town.
- The first day of the festival witnessed more than 1,000 people’s participation especially the youth and about 200 participated in the Rafting trip and ATB Ride.
9. SAIL signs MoU with AAI under RCS UDAN scheme
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has signed MoU with Airport Authority of India (AAI), to facilitate commercial operations at Rourkela Airport under the RCS UDAN scheme
- UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik): regional airport development and "Regional Connectivity Scheme" (RCS) of the Union Government
- Implementing Ministry: Ministry of Civil Aviation
- It is a key component of National Civil Aviation Policy (NCAP), which was released by Ministry of Civil Aviation in 2016
10. Govt to set up committees for grievance redressal of social media use
- Grievance Appellate Committees will be set up within 3 months by the government for resolving social media users' grievances.
- For this, gazette notification was issued by Ministry Of Electronics And Information Technology recently to amend the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021.
- Each Grievance Appellate Committee will consist of a chairperson and 2 whole time members appointed by the Central Government.