1. Linthoi Chanambam wins India's first-ever Gold at Judo World Championships
- Linthoi Chanambam (15) has secured the India’s first-ever gold medal in Judo World Championships at the World Judo Cadet (U18) Championships.
- She has defeated Bianca Reis of Brazil in the Women’s 57kg category.
- She became the first Indian judoka to win a medal at any age-group of the World Championships.
- She has also won gold medal at the Sub-Junior National Judo Championships in 2017, since then she has been training at JSW’s Inspire Institute of Sports judo programme.
2. Nagaland gets its second railway station in 119 years
- Nagaland Chief Minister, Neiphiu Rio has officially flagged off the first passenger train service name the Donyi Polo Express from Shokhuvi Railway station (Second station of state) in Choumukedima District.
- Dimapur was the first station, opened in 1903.
- Shokhuvi Railway station is part of the Dimapur-Zubza Railway project.
- This railway station is an alternative train route for Nagaland and Manipur passengers to Guwahati.
- Nagaland Capital: Kohima
3. AirAsia India Becomes the first airline to use CAE’s AI Training system
- AirAsia India has come into a partnership with CAE to integrate the CAE Rise™ Training System into the airline’s simulator training program.
- With this partnership, AirAsia India becomes the first airline in India to adopt a data-driven training program using CAE Rise™.
- As long-time collaborators, both companies have worked together since 2014 on pilot training at CAE network training centers.
- AirAsia India Headquarters: Bengaluru
Banking & Finance
4. Bank credit growth increased to 14.2% in June quarter: RBI data
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the 'Quarterly Statistics on Deposits and Credit of SCBs for June 2022' that shows collected data from all scheduled commercial banks (SCBs), which include regional rural banks, small finance banks and payments banks.
- As per the report, the Bank credit growth has been accelerated to 14.2% in the quarter ended June 2022 from 6% June 2021.
- In the quarter ended March 2022, bank credit had expanded by 10.8%.
Summits & Conferences
5. India-Bangladesh Joint River Commission meeting held in Delhi
- The 38th Meeting of Ministerial level Joint Rivers Commission (JRC) of India and Bangladesh was held in New Delhi.
- Aim: Finalized the text of MoU on 'Interim Water Sharing of Kushiyara river'
- Both sides have finalized the design and location of the water intake point on the Feni River to meet the drinking water needs of Sabroom town in Tripura, as per the October 2019 India-Bangladesh MoU on the subject.
- The JRC of India and Bangladesh was constituted in 1972.
6. Bhupender Yadav participated in ‘Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar’ campaign
- Union Minister, Bhupender Yadav has participated in the ‘Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar’ campaign organised at Puducherry.
- Aim: To promote environmental sustainability.
- This campaign is a 75-day citizen-led initiative to improve the coastal and ocean health via community action.
- The campaign was spearheaded by the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) in partnership with MoEFCC, NDMA, and other central organisations and social organisations.
Banking & Finance
7. NMDFC, ICICI Bank sign pact for development of banking software and app
- The National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC) has signed an agreement with ICICI Bank for the development of financial accounting software and mobile application.
- ICICI Bank will design, develop and deploy the application for NMDFC and provides source code and executable database information among others.
- This MoU provides for the development of financial accounting software for NMDFC and State Channelizing Agencies, loan accounting software.
Banking & Finance
8. India gives USD 1 million to BIMSTEC Secretariat’s operational budget
- Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs and Education, Rajkumar Ranjan Singh has ceremonially handed over a cheque of USD 1 million for the BIMSTEC Secretariat’s operational budget.
- BIMSTEC Secretary General, Tenzin Lekphell who was on a visit to India and meet Rajkumar Ranjan Singh.
- He has also held discussions on cooperation in specific areas led by India including counter-terrorism, disaster management, maritime cooperation and energy security.
Banking & Finance
9. Axis Bank to launch campaign with KMRL for its Kochi1 card
- Axis Bank and Kochi Metro Rail Limited have launched a campaign to promote the more use of Kochi-1 smart card in connection with Onam.
- The bank has also partnered with the Amazon Pay to provide discounts on recharges, utility and bill payments.
- The ‘Dining Delights’ offer has been extended to Kochi1 card holders by which they can avail discounts on food and beverage bills.
- Customers can also avail dine-out deals with EazyDiner while using their Kochi1 card.
10. Indian Navy receives first made in India ammunition AK-630 gun
- The Indian Navy has received the first made in India produced 30mm ammunition for AK-630 guns fitted on warships.
- Satyanarayan Nuwal (CMD of Economic Explosives Limited) has handed over the first consignment of the ammunition to Navy Vice Chief Vice Admiral SN Ghormade.
- It achievement has been done in 12 months and all components are indigenous.
- It is the first time that the services have placed an order on the Indian private industry for the delivery of gun ammunition