Benefits of the GATE Exam
For candidates who are still having doubts regarding exam preparation, BYJU'S Exam Prep lists 7 reasons one should prepare and attempt to race for the GATE exam, which will surely boost their morale and compel them to prepare and excel for the GATE Exam. All the benefits of the GATE exam pointwise below. You can check the below points to boost your morale by checking opportunities for the GATE exam.
- Assured Job Placements
- Companies are more inclined toward recruiting M. Tech. (M.E.) students during placements. More jobs in R&D departments are generally offered to GATE-qualified candidates compared to BE/B. Tech students.
- It is an opportunity for students to get technical profile jobs in their dream companies. The top-rated universities offer highly paid packages to GATE-qualified students too.
- Expertise in subject/domain specialisation
- It is an opportunity for students to earn a Masters's in Technology degree in their area of interest subjects. Students who have missed their train of IITs, IIIT and NIT in their JEE Advance or JEE or AIEE exam.
- Stipend and scholarship
- Reputed Institutes like BARC also consider or specify GATE SCORE CARD mandatory for their various courses offered by the institute. It is also a stipend-based course with an average stipend of INR 15000/- to INR 20,000/- for GATE-qualified students. In addition, some courses named self-supporting courses also asked for a valid GATE Score Card in BARC.
- Junior Research Fellowship
- GATE qualified candidates in the Engineering discipline are also eligible for the Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) & Senior Research Fellowship(SRF) in CSIR Laboratories. JRF & SRF are stipend bases fellowships. The stipend amount generally lies between INR 15,000/- to INR 20,000/- for CSIR laboratories.
- PSU hiring
- Even if you are not interested in a master's degree, public sector companies recruit through the GATE score.
- Post-Graduation from abroad
- Quite a few foreign universities in Singapore and Germany consider the GATE score for their entrance process. This could open up international opportunities for you – both academically and professionally.
- Teaching Jobs
- M. Tech (M.E.) A degree also provides the opportunity for those who wish to apply for faculty in top educational universities. These top educational universities offer Asst. Professor designation to their candidates with highly paid 5-7 lacs per annum packages.
Guaranteed Job Placements After GATE Exam
Benefits of the GATE exam also include the organisations selecting M. Tech (M.E.) students during placement rounds like Tata Motors, Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra & Mahindra, TCS, Wipro, Cognizant etc. In addition, more positions in R&D divisions, by and large, are offered to GATE-qualified competitors when contrasted with BE/B. Tech understudies.
- Companies will notice that you are among the top 15% of engineers in the country, putting you ahead of the competition. As a result, you'll be more employable and have a better chance of receiving a better wage package.
- It is a chance for an understudy to land specialised profile positions in their fantasy organisations. The first-class colleges offer generously compensated bundles to GATE-qualified understudies as well.
Mastery in Subject Specialization
It is a chance for understudies to acquire Master's in Technology degrees in their space of interest subjects, for those understudies who have missed their train of It's, IIIT's and NIT in their JEE Advance test which is also one of the benefits of the GATE exam.
Also, Check How to fill out the GATE 2023 application form.
Payment and Grant After GATE Exam
Presumed institutes like BARC likewise consider or specify the GATE score card compulsory for their different courses offered by the foundation, which can also be counted as benefits of the GATE exam.
- It is additionally a payment-based course with a regular allowance of INR 15,000/- to INR 20,000/- for GATE qualified understudies.
- A few courses named as self-supporting benefits of the GATE exam courses additionally requested a legitimate GATE scorecard in BARC.
Junior Research Fellowship
Benefits of the GATE exam also include being qualified for the honour Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and Senior Research Fellowship(SRF) in CSIR Laboratories. JRF and SRF are payment bases associations. The payment sum lies between INR 15000/ - to INR 20000/ - for CSIR labs.
PSU Recruiting After GATE Exam
Regardless of whether you are not keen on a graduate degree, there are public area organisations that enlist through the GATE score. The PSU Recruitment through GATE 2023 scores will be divided into four major categories based on several parameters.
Type of PSUs
Miniratna Catagory- 1
Miniratna Catagory- 2
Post-Graduation From Abroad
The GATE score is recognised as a viable substitute for the GRE as an entry-level criterion at various overseas universities, including the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Technical University of Munich, and RWTH Aachen of the benefits of GATE exam.
- Many colleges in Singapore and Germany consider the GATE score for their passageway interaction.
- GATE exam could open up global freedoms for you – scholastically just as expertly.
Educating Jobs After GATE Exam
M. Tech (M.E.) A degree likewise gives a chance to the individuals who wish to apply for staff in top instructive colleges. These top instructive colleges offer Asst. Teacher assignment to their up-and-comers with generously compensated 5-7 lacs bundles for every annum.
Other Reasons for Appearing for GATE Exam
To pursue M.E./MTech./M.Sc. programs in any of the leading institutes in the country. All Master's degree leads to specialisation and cultivates and brings out the best of your interest in a certain area, leading to research / PhD. There are many other benefits of the GATE exam which include -
- More domain-specific companies recruit through campus recruitment in leading Institutes.
- Higher salaries are offered for postgraduate students when compared to a graduate.
- A Master's degree is a must for those wishing to apply for Faculty/Research positions in educational institutes and most R&D centres.
- Scholarship of INR 8000/- is paid during masters course; so no dependency on parents for financial needs.
- GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR sponsored projects.
- More than 37 PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings-government organisations), like BARC, IOCL, etc., prescribe GATE qualification as a requirement.
- Based on the GATE score, some foreign universities (Like NTU, Singapore) offers PhD position without any GRE score.
- Most importantly, to be a part of any nationally reputed Educational Institute and enjoy learning and research in a conducive ambience.
- One gets intellectual satisfaction from working in the area of interest.
- Last but not least, a Master's course changes the individual's thought process; it teaches us how to approach and solve a problem in a new & unknown environment.
Now that you understand the purpose of the GATE exam and the benefits it can give, you can consider it a viable career option. It's no surprise that GATE is opening so many doors for you, and it's up to you to determine whether or not you want to walk through them. Before making any other decisions, keep in mind that GATE is one of the best exams available. It would help if you were dedicated to this one when preparing for GATE.
BYJU's Exam Prep Online Classroom Program
Related Important Links