After being appointed as an RBI Security Guard, your basic salary will be Rs.10940/- per month in the scale of 10940-380 (4)-12460- 440(3) -13780-520(3)-15340-690 (2)-16720- 860(4) – 20160 – 1180 (3)- 23700 (20 years). At present, the initial monthly Gross emoluments for Security Guards in RBI is approximately ₹ 27,678/- including House Rent Allowance @ of 15%.
Pay Scale structure
10940-380 (4)- 12460-440(3)-13780-520(3)-15340-690(2)-16720-860(4)-20160-1180(3)-23700(20 years) and other allowances.
RBI Security Guard Salary Structure
Here is the salary structure for RBI security guard: -
RBI Security Guard Pay Scale
For newly appointed candidates
After 4 years
Next 3 years
Next 3 years
Next 2 years
Next 4 years
Next 3 years
Allowances for RBI Security Guard
Here are the allowances that you will be drawing on being appointed as a security guard in the RBI.
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Local Compensatory Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- Personal Fixed Allowance
- Shift Allowance
- Special Functional Allowance
- Special Allowance (I), Grade Allowance, Washing Allowance etc. as admissible from time to time.
Perks and Benefits for RBI Security Guard
After being appointed as an RBI security guard, you will be entitled to receive the following perks and allowances apart from your salary allowance:
- RBI’s accommodation subject to availability
- Reimbursement of education expenses
- Reimbursement of cost of spectacles, Book Grant, News Paper Bill, Furnishing of Residence
- Reimbursement of GSLI, Car Insurance, Conveyance Allowance etc. as per eligibility. Dispensary facility
- Reimbursement of medical expenses of OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility;
- Interest-free Festival Advance
- Leave Fare Concession (Once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents).
- Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc.
- Selected candidates for RBI security guards will be governed by 'the defined contribution New Pension Scheme (NPS)’.
Job Profile of RBI Security Guard
The job for an RBI Security Guard will be done in shifts, including night shifts. You will have to perform the following duties as an RBI Security Guard.
- To ensure the protection of bank staff, visitors or delegates.
- To guard the Reserve Bank of India’s property whether it is residential or official
- To monitor alarms and surveillance systems
- To write and report to the higher authorities if they find something suspicious
- You must be well acquainted to use XRay machines/DFMD to check the luggage at the entrance.
- Thus, you should be able to contribute to the team efforts for the effectiveness and smooth functioning of the RBI as a security guard.
This was all about RBI Security Guard Salary, job profile and other benefits. In case you have any other issue, feel free to ask us below in the comment section.
To help you boost your preparation and to provide endless benefits with the guidance from the experts, we have launched a new course to ace your preparation for RBI Grade B officer. If you have not taken the free trial, take it now and do not forget to check the contents of the course below.
RBI Grade B Officer 2021: Rankers Batch
- 250+ Interactive Live Classes for complete conceptual clarity
- 200+ Interactive Quizzes.
- 17+ Full-Length Mock Tests
- 200+ PDFs
- Test Series Included
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.