The Reasoning Ability section in RBI Assistant Prelims 2022 will have 35 questions. Total 35 Marks are allotted to this section in which each question is of one mark. Please go through the RBI Assistant Exam pattern and RBI Assistant syllabus before going forward with this article. Let's understand the reasoning ability section for RBI Assistant Prelims Exam -
RBI Assistant Prelims: Trend analysis of Reasoning Ability Topics
Expected Number of Questions
Alphanumeric Series/Number Series/Alphabet series
Sitting Arrangement and Puzzles
Blood Relation/Direction/Order & Ranking
Above mentioned topics are the most important topics which you must prepare very well for the RBI Assistant Prelims Exam. Apart from these topics, you also need to know the basic concepts of the following chapters in order to tackle any kind of surprises in this section :
- Coding-Decoding: Either set of 5 questions or 1-2 Individual questions
- Input-Output: Set of 5 questions
You can practice the most expected questions in the RBI Assistant Test series of BYJU'S Exam Prep's Bank Test series.
RBI Assistant Prelims 2022: Topic-Wise Preparation Strategy
- This is the most scoring topic. It is not very tricky as well as it takes less time in solving.
- There are two types of Inequality topics that are asked in the exam :
1. Direct Inequalities
2. Coded Inequalities
- There are some basic concepts of this chapter that you can master after solving a good number of questions.
- To save time, inequality questions can be solved without using pen and paper, but if you find the question complex, then do not solve it verbally.
- Syllogism is another scoring topic after Inequality which may come in a set of 5 questions in the exam.
- There are four different cases which are "All, No, Some, Some Not". Apart from this, there are questions of Possibilities in this topic.
- A new pattern is also introduced in which conclusions are given in questions and Statements are given in Answers. This is known as Reverse Syllogism. The concepts for the reverse syllogism are the same, only the question-solving approach is different.
- Practice the questions of all cases, negative conclusions, and Possibility cases, Only Cases, Percent cases to master in this topic.
To watch concept classes and chapter-wise sessions by exam-qualified experts, you can try our RBI Assistant Online Coaching.
Alphanumeric Series/Number Series/Alphabet series :
- Good observation skill is required for scoring marks in Alphanumeric Series.
- To save your time in the exam, learn shortcut rules of Right and Left Calculation for the alphanumeric series.
- In number series questions, the questions are of the following type :
552 775 869 539 983
If in each number, the first and the last digits are interchanged, then how many numbers are odd?
After interchanging the first and last digits, the new numbers are 255, 577, 968, 935, 389. So there are 4 odd numbers.
- In Alphabet series questions, the questions are of the following types :
AC, EG, IK, MO,?
What should come in place of the questions mark (?) in the following letter series?
As we can see, the next digit is +4
Thus the next term will be QS
You may go through the below table to get all the Reasoning Ability study notes for RBI Assistant 2022
|Order & ranking|
Sitting Arrangement and Puzzles :
- Maximum questions (around 15 ) are asked from these 2 topics.
- The level of the puzzles and seating arrangement in the reasoning ability section will be moderate.
- Understand the concepts and practice the questions from Linear Arrangement, Circular Arrangement, and Square Seating Arrangement.
- In puzzles, the most important ones are Floor Puzzles, Day/Month/Year Puzzles, scheduling, and comparison-based puzzles.
- Be well aware of basic concepts of Blood relations as these are included in questions of Puzzles and Seating Arrangement sometimes.
- The puzzle and Seating arrangement which consists of 'Negative Information' is usually tricky. So practice them well.
- Be thorough with 'Inward/Outward Direction Facing' Concepts.
Blood Relation :
- Get acquainted with the family tree concept. The best tip to solve the blood relation question is that apply the question to yourself.
- Also, in the blood relation questions, never assume gender. If the gender is not given clearly in the question, do not mark it according to your perception.
- Do not solve questions of Blood Relation Verbally, it may lead to mistakes. Always draw a relationship tree for accuracy.
- Be well aware of the differences between Paternal and Maternal relations.
Direction Sense :
- The direction sense test checks your knowledge of sensing the direction. Learn the concepts of Directions, Cardinal directions, sunrise, sunset. There are four main directions and four cardinal directions.
- Do not solve these questions verbally. Always draw a sketch for the given question.
- Practicing a good number of questions will help you in mastering this topic.
Order and Ranking :
- There are rules and formulas for this chapter that you must know in order to solve them accurately in minimum time.
- Understand questions of left and right as well as top and bottom and between.
- This topic may or may not be asked in RBI Assistant Prelims Exam.
- In the basic pattern of coding-decoding questions, there is a particular code for every word given in the question. You need to find out that code in order to answer.
- In the much talked about, the new pattern of coding-decoding, there is a set pattern for the whole question. Although the is pattern asked may be tough and time taking as well but once you crack the problem you can answer all questions, and if you cannot, you will not be able to answer even a single question.
- After the practice of different types of questions, you will be able to recognize the coding-decoding pattern quickly.
- There are very less chances for this topic in RBI Assistant Prelims Exam. But you should not avoid it completely.
- Understand the basic concept of the chapter.
- There are steps that follow a set pattern. Candidates need to identify this pattern.
- Words and numbers given in steps can be in alternate order, in ascending or descending order. They can be from left to right or right to left.
- A great focus is essential while solving Input-output questions. If you miss out on a word/number, then all answers will be incorrect.
- Only thorough practice is the way to solve these questions efficiently.
You may go through the following article for your RBI Assistant Prelims 2022 preparation:
|Sr. No||Article Link|
|1||Last 1 Month Strategy for RBI Assistant Prelims 2022|
|2||Preparation Tips For RBI Assistant 2022 Exam|
|3||How to Prepare English for RBI Assistant Prelims 2022|
|4||How to Prepare Numerical Ability for RBI Assistant Prelims 2022|
Reasoning Ability Preparation : 3 Key Tips
- Clarity of Basic Concepts - Do not mug up anything in the reasoning ability section. Always clear your every doubt and understand each concept very well for every chapter.
- The practice of Different Level Questions - Solving the usual questions is not going to help you in the exam. Push yourself by solving the harder-level questions from this section. Solving the maximum number of questions is also necessary to enhance your speed, especially for Puzzles and Seating arrangements.
- Keep yourself updated with new pattern questions - With the changing pattern of topics from this section, it is imperative to be up to date with the questions. Previous year's questions are helpful, but also solve new types of questions.
- Understand the Exam level: Please go through the previous year's RBI Assistant question paper and RBI assistant cut-off to understand the intensity of competition, level, and types of questions asked.
Related Useful Links
|RBI Assistant Syllabus||RBI Assistant Selection Process|
|RBI Assistant Question Papers||RBI Assistant Salary|
If you are aiming to crack RBI Assistant 2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.