Tips for the English in RBI Assistant Prelims 2022
Before we begin, let us first have a look at the topics that were asked in the English Language in the RBI Assistant Prelims exam last year.
Number of Questions
|Fill in the Blanks|
We’ve got you covered here to score better in English. We will now discuss some important tips that will help you score 20+ marks in the English Language section of the RBI Assistant Preliminary Exam 2022. First, let us cover the topic-wise important tips that you should keep in mind while preparing the English section for RBI Assistant Prelims.
Topic-wise Tips for the English Section
1. Reading Comprehension
- The comprehension, like last year, is expected to be story-based, which makes it easier to attempt.
- The synonyms-antonym questions asked under RC are usually quite straightforward. So, start with these questions first.
- After that, go through 1-2 questions asked and then start reading the passage. You’ll be able to spot the answers easily this way as you go through the given comprehension.
Study Notes: Tips to solve Reading Comprehension questions
2. Cloze Test
- A story-based cloze test again will be quite easy to attempt, provided you have sufficient practice on this topic.
- Try to use the elimination of options technique while attempting this topic in the exam.
- Go through the grammar rules, so that you have a clear idea of sentence structuring. This will help you solve the questions of the cloze test more easily.
3. Para jumbles
- While solving these questions, try to figure out the central theme of the passage by reading the given sentences carefully.
- Next, spot the first line. This would be easy since it is usually the independent line in the given options and is introductory.
- Try to figure out the correct hierarchy of the given sentences by going through the transition words, pronoun usage, etc in the sentences.
4. Error based questions
- Sentence Improvement and Spotting errors questions, both are based on the correct usage of grammar rules in the sentence.
- So, if you study the basic grammar rules thoroughly, you’ll be able to prepare for both the topics simultaneously.
- To check out the basic grammar rules, go through our post, ‘Grasp the basics of Sentence Correction’, where we have covered the basic rules that are usually used in the questions of these topics.
Since IBPS has been varying topics in each slot this year, it would be better to prepare for other topics like Fill in the Blanks and other new pattern-based questions as well.
Overall Tips for the English Section
- Proper time management is important for the Prelims phase of RBI Assistant 2022. Make sure that you devote at least 10-15 minutes to this section in the exam.
- Develop a habit of practicing mock tests and quizzes daily. This will not only help you practice well but will also help you improve your speed.
- It will also help you understand the correct approach to solve different questions in the exam as well as help you figure out where you go wrong while solving the questions.
- Get into the habit of ‘Reading’ daily. Try to prefer newspaper editorials for this. Look up the new words that you find in the article and try to revise them at regular intervals. This practice will help you strengthen your vocabulary.
- Be very clear about the grammar basics. A clear understanding of the grammar rules will help you in several topics of the English section in the exam.
Related Useful Links
|RBI Assistant Syllabus||RBI Assistant Syllabus|
|RBI Assistant Question Papers||RBI Assistant Salary|
If you are aiming to crack RBI Assistant 2022, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.