Questions Asked In The Actual UPSC CSE Interview
In this series, we will bring to you the actual questions asked in the UPSC Civil Services Exam Personality Test by the Interview Board.
This article will be especially helpful for aspirants who have Mathematics as an optional and those who belong to Haryana. Rest of the candidates can also learn about the type of questions being asked in the interview.
Education: B.Tech electrical engg from IIT Delhi
Hobbies: Listening to music, Playing guitar, Sheet music, Traveling
Here is the list of questions asked in the interview
- You completed your B.Tech in 2018, what have you been doing since then?
- Why are you not interested in Electrical Engineering and coming towards Civil Services?
- Suppose in a village, there are kids who are not able to attend school, what would you do?
- Are there any institutions made by the government to ensure the same?
- What about NCERT? Tell me it's full form.
- What does NCERT do?
- How would you improve taxation in the country?
- What is the difference between Tax Evasion and Tax Avoidance?
Comment: All questions are from education and home state. DAF based.
Member 1 Questions
- Why people come to civil services?
- How do we stop them doing so?
- What is Sheet Music?
- How is President elected?
- Has relevance of PSEs withered away? Why were they made in the first place?
Comment: Again, profile based question and relating to the subject- why choose civil services at all?. Every aspirant must prepare an answer for it.
Member 2 Questions
- Tell me 4 fundamental contributions that Indian mathematicians made to the world?
- What about Ramanujan?
- What is the threshold limit of High-Speed Trains?
- What is the limit for Hyperloop?
- What is Hyperloop? Any project going on? Which company doing it?
Comment: First two questions related to mathematics optional and others are general current affairs based questions with little knowledge of engineering.
Member 3 Questions
- What is the ease of living index?
- Tell me about the parameters of Ease of Living Index.
- Antarctica is often in news. Can you tell the context?
- What are Ozone Depleting Substances? Name a few.
- What is Zero-Based Budgeting in the corporate sector?
- Why was Vladivostok in news?
- Why is Haryana doing well in sports? Why not UP, Punjab?
Comment: Alla re current affairs based questions. Last one is related to the home state of candidate.
Member 4 Questions
- What is TFR?
- What is India's TFR?
- There has been a recent report about the same in newspapers. Tell me about it.
- Some states have TFRs lower than the national average. Tell me why? What do you think?
- How would the family planning programs of the 80s help today?
- How would literacy programs like BBBP help in TFR?
Comment: Current affairs based questions, frequently in news, can be answered easily.
Some tips for interview
As you can see, 80% of the questions are related to the profile of the candidate. Hence, it is advisable to the candidates selected for UPSC 2020 Interview to focus on their profile viz education, hometown, hobbies, optional subject etc.
Prepare answers to such questions and practice with friends and teachers for best presentation.
Ongoing Live Courses
More From Us: