Tips to prepare for PSPCL JE Electrical exam: PSPCL is Punjab State Power Corporation Limited, a company that manufactures and distributes electricity to the Punjab Government. The company plays a major role in providing an uninterrupted power supply to Punjab. A PSPCL Junior Electrical Engineer has a major role to play in the day-to-day operations of electricity transmission and other issues in the efficient operation of logistics. PSPCL JE Electrical exam is one of the important exams and it is necessary to have a good preparation strategy for PSPCL JE Electrcial exam.
PSPCL has announced a total of 75 vacancies for the PSPCL JE post. As the PSPCL exam date has been announced, it is important that you plan your preparation to excel in the exam in the most effective manner. Here we are providing you with the best preparation tips for the PSPCL JE Electrical exam, you will be able to get an idea about how to approach and make a plan to qualify the PSPCL JE exam.
Now for the preparation of the PSPCL JE Electrical exam, one needs to know the syllabus for Junior Engineer for EE. The Syllabus of PSPCL JE is subdivided into two parts:
- Technical Part, i.e. Electrical Engineering syllabus
- Non-Technical (General Knowledge, Reasoning & English)
Let us give you the best tips to prepare for the PSPCL JE Electrical Engineering exam 2021.
PSPCL JE Electrical Syllabus 2021
The PSPCL JE syllabus plays a major role in your selection. The PSPCL exam will have two sections as given below.
a. Part-I (Non-Technical)(30 Questions): General Knowledge, Numerical Ability, General Aptitude/Reasoning, General English etc.
b. Part-II (Technical)(70 Questions): Electrical Circuits and Fields, Signals and Systems, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Analog and Digital Electronics, Power Electronics and Drives etc.
Preparation Strategy for PSPCL JE Electrical Exam
- Preparing for this test requires attention to both technical and non-technical areas as they are equal in number.
- For Non-technical- you can start preparation For English with the Books such as Lucent English, Arihant English book & SP Bakshi and Current Affairs from BYJU'S Exam Prep App and YT channels. For General Knowledge, You can Buy Lucent general knowledge or Manohar Pandey book and read it from there it will be sufficient
- In Technical Portion one needs to be well prepared.
- Electrical Circuits and Fields: A growing perspective of the concept should be covered as questions can be asked with the perspective part here. For electrical circuits maintain good practice and accuracy.
- Signals and Systems: Here again the theory should be well prepared and numerical as well, as this subject deals with a lot of numerical questions & values.
- Electrical Machines: This syllabus for this subject is huge so you need to prepare it well. Try to keep theory well prepared as for Junior Engineer not much question from the numerical portion is asked in it and if asked it will be formula based numerical. Study the material used in parts of the machines.
- Power Systems: Try to maintain notes of all the main phenomenon in power systems and some of the important earlier asked numerical.
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements: This subject has various measuring devices and therefore its construction and connection has many small but significant differences, try to revise them and also practice more and more numerical.
Mock Tests - The applicants are always asked to try the mock tests as much as possible using various test series available in the market for the uniform preparation of the examination. The mock tests help the students to get familiarised with the examination pattern, time management, weak and strong sections of the subjects. This will also help the candidates to manage exam stress and improve accuracy, performance on a daily basis. Aspirants can save attempted wrong questions and revise the topics related to them accordingly.
- Revision- Revision is required to recall all concepts from time to time and should be done within 7 to 14 days. Make small notes, tips and tricks and key ideas for reviewing things that are not easy to remember.
Best Books for PSPCL JE Electrical Exam
Here we have provided you with the best books for the PSPCL JE exam that will come in handy durung your preparation stage.
|Objective Electrical Technology||By, V.K. Mehta & Rohit Mehta||The questions provided in this booklet are selected from a variety of powerful services to give students an idea of how the questions are set and what kind of questions they can expect on the last day.|
Electrical Engineering Objective Types Question
|By, A . Handa M. Handa|
Satya Prakashan Publication
|It is also the best book for electrical engineering students for competitive exams. Hear the explanation of questions is very helpful and understandable|
SSC Cpwd/Cwc/ Mes Electrical Engineering
|GK Publications||The Question in this book matches the standard level of the PSPCL JE Exam & the explanation of the question is also very helpful to revise the concepts.|
Question Bank in Electrical Engineering
|J.B Gupta||This is the best book for all electrical competitive exams covers theory conceptual objective as well as numerical objective questions|
|Electrical subject Quizzes||Byjus Exam Prep||Subject wise and time-bound quizzes based on the latest pattern|
General Intelligence & Reasoning Books
|Lucent Reasoning||Bhupendra Kumar Singh|
|Logical Reasoning||S. Chand|
|Daily Reasoning Quizzes||BYJUS Exam Prep|
General Awareness Books
|Lucent G.K||Dr. Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul|
|Arihant General Knowledge||Manohar Pandey|
|Daily Awareness Quizzes(12 Noon)||BYJUS Exam Prep|
PSPCL JE Exam Pattern for Electrical Engineering
|Sections||Total Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Electrical Engineering paper||70||70|
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Online classroom program for all AE & JE Exams:
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Test series specially designed for all AE & JE Exams:
Team BYJU’S Exam Prep
Download BYJU’S Exam Prep APP, for the best Exam Preparation, Free Mock tests, Live Classes.