Bank of India Full Details: IPBS releases a lot of public sector bank vacancies every year. Many aspirants prepare for these Banking and Insurance Exam. We are writing this series to put light on the history and interesting facts of these PSBs such as SBI, Bank of Baroda, PNB, UBI, BOI etc.
In this article, we are going to discuss the Bank of India. What is the origin of BOI? Where is the Bank of India head office located? What is the interest rate on deposits in Bank of India? Keep reading this article to find out the answer to all these questions about Bank of India.
History of Bank of India:
- Bank of India (BOI) was founded on 7 Sept 1906 in Mumbai.
- The Bank of India was under private ownership until it's nationalization in 1969.
- BOI started with a paid-up capital of 50 Lakh Rupees and its initial staff strength was just 50.
- Bank of India Issue its IPO in 1997 and follow on Qualified Institutions Placement in February 2008.
- From its humble beginning now Bank of India has over 5000 branches in India including specialized branches.
Board Of Directors:
Bank of India has one MD and CEO who is the head of the Board of Directors and one Non-Executive Chairman.
Board of Directors
MD and CEO
Shri Atanu Kumar Das
Shri G. Padmanabhan
Shri Chaitanya Gayatri Chintapalli
Shri P R Rajagopal
Bank of India Headquarters:
JV/Subsidiaries of BOI:
BOI Merchant Bankers Ltd.
BOI Shareholding Ltd.
|PT Bank of India Indonesia Tbk|
BOI Axa Invesment Managers Pvt. Ltd.
BOI Axa Trustee Services Pvt. Ltd.
BOI Tanzania Ltd.
BOI Uganda Ltd.
Bank of India (New Zealand)
Logo & Tagline of Bank of India:
The logo of Bank of India comprises of Indian Goddess of wealth Laxmi sitting inside a star. It represents that the money of customers with Bank of India will grow with the blessing of Goddes Laxmi.
- Bank of India Tag line is - Relationship beyond Banking.
Current Interest Rates:
The Bank of India has revised Base Rate from 9.45% pa. to 9.40% pa. effective from 10.03.2019.
Saving Bank Account
Interesting Facts About Bank of India:
- Mahalaxmi Branch at Mumbai, The Bank is one of the first among the nationalised banks to establish a fully computerised branch and ATM facility at Mahalaxmi Branch at Mumbai in 1989.
- Bank of India is one of the founder members of SWIFT in India.
- Bank of India has its global presence in the following countries:
- New Zealand
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
- 'BOI Seva' is the chatbot of the bank which helps customers in solving their queries.
Recent News about BOI:
- In June, Moody’s has put the Baa3 long-term local and foreign currency
deposit ratings of Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Canara Bank and UBI and their baseline credit assessment rating of “Baa3” under a review for downgrade.
This is all about the Bank of India. If you liked the article then please upvote it and share it with your friends. For more articles like this please stay tuned with us.
To download the PDF version of this article, Click Here.
Also, Read Similar interesting facts about all the Public Sector Banks of India.
Targetting to crack multiple banking and insurance exams in 2020? Do not worry about purchasing different mock tests. Gradeup brings you a one-stop solution to all types of mock tests for Banking and Insurance exams. Try gradeup green card and have full access to complete 700+ mock tests. Attempt Free Mock Test Now and analyse your preparation!
All the best!
Prep Smart, Score Better, Go Gradeup!