What is PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana?
The Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship flagship project, the PMKVY program, is handed out through National Skill Development Corporation.
- The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana emphasizes a particular eagerness to engage in the industry and individuals with prior education.
- Interested people may select any programs available under this learning and progress on the qualification.
- Applicants with prior skills or experience are evaluated & recognized under the Recognition of Prior Education program (RPL).
- The third stage of the PMKVY flagship project was announced by the very known MSDE on 15 January 2021.
- Explore the various other aspects of this scheme now that one must be aware of what the M Kaushal Vikas Yojana implies.
Three Parts of the PMKVY Scheme
The PMKVY is categorized into three parts.
QUICK-TERM TRAINING (QT)
Candidates of Indian nationality who are school/college dropouts or unemployed should benefit from the STT component presented in PMKVY Training Centers (TC). The National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) is just one training provided by
TCs mainly teach soft skills, business, financial, and digital literacy. After a successful examination, training programs aid candidates with finding employment.
RPL: Recognizing Prior Learning
Recognizing Prior Learning (RPL) is an element of a skill certificate that promises substitute people in India to seek industry-relevant skill certificates to help them achieve a higher living. Under the RPL part of PMKVY, individuals with prior learning opportunities or skills can register, get assessed, and receive accreditation. It primarily focuses on the people working in unregulated areas.
Special Projects under PMKVY demand certain deviations from the short-term training policies. A recommending stakeholder may belong to the Centre or State Government's institutes, any autonomous institute, or any other peer organization or a corporation willing to provide training to beneficiaries.
Versions of the PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana
The PMKVY, known as Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, which the presidents promote faster, is operated underneath the Skill India Mission, which the government launched in 2015.
By 2022, it hopes to have trained more than forty crore people in India in various disciplines. It strives to provide Indian youth with vocational education and certification for a better quality of life and social esteem.
- Launch: On July 15, 2015, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), India's most extensive skill certificate program, was launched (World Youth Skills Day).
- Goal: To encourage and encourage skill development inside the nation through offering kids inexpensive, brief skill training and giving financial incentives for skill certification.
- Execution: Under the direction of the MSDE, the National Skills Development Corporation administers its PMKVY program.
- Key elements include Kaushal & Rozgar Mela, brief training, special projects, and recognition of previous knowledge.
- Result: 19.85 lakh candidates received training in 2015-16.
- Reporting: The PMKVY 2016-20 (PMKVY 2.0) was introduced having greater sectoral and geographical scalability and also better configuration with other government of India initiatives Digital India, etc. Twelve billion rupees were given.
Utilizing Two Components for Implementation:
- Centrally Sponsored Centrally Managed (CSCM): The National Skill Development Corporation adopted the element. The CSCM has awarded 75% of the PMKVY 2016-20 money and corresponding physical objectives.
- State Skill Development Missions (SSMs), which are nationally sponsored and state-managed, were employed to implement the component inside the states (SSDMs). The CSSM program has earned 25% of the PMKVY 2016-20 funds and corresponding physical targets.
Results: Under PMKVY 1.0 and PMKVY 2.0, a better, less uniform skilling ecosystem in the nation has given training to more than one point two million youth.
PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0
- A step toward "Atma Nirbhar Bharat" was taken with the launch of PMKVY 3.0 across seven hundred seventeen districts across twenty-eight States and Eight UTs.
- Implementation: It will be more decentralized, with the assistance and collaboration of the States/UTs and the Districts and with greater responsibilities.
- Under the supervision of State Talent Acquisition Missions (SSDM), District Skill Committees (DSCs) will play a significant role in the skill gap and assessing needs in the district.
What Qualifies as PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) Features?
The many features listed below are those that will be relevant under PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana's third phase (PMKVY 3.0 UPSC):
- MSDE works with the Individual States and Central Ministries to have NSQF accreditation recognized as a prerequisite for hiring contract employees.
- Furthermore, it aims to make it a requirement of contracts requiring vendors and contractors to employ NSQF-certified people.
- PMKVY complies with Common Cost Norms and the National Skill Qualification Framework. Any change to these needs the Advisory Commission's blessing beforehand.
- Money to Training Institutions is made in three instalments:
- 30% upon the commencement of teams
- Thirty per cent upon the confirmation
- Forty per cent upon certification achievement
- Other benefits, such as comment assistance, boarding, housing, transport, and additional support, are also provided by Common Price Norms.
- A research support unit at NSDC works to enhance the Atma Nirbhar Sharing Knowledge and expertise Map (ASEEM) portal and constantly balances demand and supply.
- SSCs or other pertinent organizations would develop Centers of Excellence (CoE), to serve as just a reserve and training hub for a particular sector.
- Based on the plan, every sector will have a minimum of one CoE.
- The MoE has helped to implement vocational qualifications in schools. This element, applied for classes Nine through twelve, intends to introduce pupils to talent possibilities for vocational training employment.
- Candidates interested in learning about the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana may sign up to receive training underneath this program a maximum of twice within the same industry, with the subsequent enrolment limited to a job role related to a higher NSQF
- Given a six-month lag between the certificate date carried out within the framework and the start date of a cohort for the succeeding program, this also applies to any new training on the different courses in PMKVY.
- The playout is only offered for enrolment and a maximum of two work opportunities for these candidates. Candidates, SSCs, and PIAs are all entitled to this playout.
Who can Apply for PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana?
India works to raise the standard of living for all its population, especially for the young, who are the present government. Considering this, the Indian government has initiated the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. The program named PMKVY aims to enhance and develop the talents of young folks.
Millions of young Indians sometimes have difficulty finding suitable employment in private or public organizations because of a lack of technical education. Establishing the PMKVY scheme will aid the children's minds in getting additional expertise to pursue suitable jobs.
However, they serve as admission prerequisites for PMKVY. A person is deemed eligible for PMKVY if:
- A college and/or high school graduate in India.
- Age of at least eighteen or above.
- Possess a valid type of identification, such as a voter Registration, an Aadhaar, or a bank balance.
- Have a Bank of India account with regular debit
- Receives the financial reward just one time during the PMKVY function.
- Sector Skill Councils (SSC) are able to specify any special restrictions for the relevant job positions.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) Application Status
To sign up for the PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana online, people must follow the directions below: (online process)
- Step 1: People must first select a training facility, and they can easily enrol in this facility on the official PMKVY website.
- Step 2: After finishing enrollment in a training facility, a candidate must enter all required information via the internet.
The sparring partner gets the data from the database after a candidate inputs all the necessary information and is planned appropriately. After a successful training course, the candidates are awarded prizes per this scheme's criteria.
Offline Procedure to Sign up for PMKVY
- Some who wish to enrol in this programme in offline mode should go to one of the nearby PMKVY Kendras (centres).
- One must bring ID proofs such as an Aadhaar card, PAN card, bank passbook, and other required documents when they visit these locations.
Advantages of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Individuals should be aware of the many PMKVY benefits seen below:
- Individuals can apply for various professions and make a living using the Skill India card and valid certification given by the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- All candidates who have received certificates were provided economic and placement aid by PMKVY.
- The PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana educates skilled Indian youth to fill the gap between their capabilities and market dictates.
- To render unemployed youths and university or high school dropouts marketable, Vikas Yojana offers industry-based skills training to Kumar Mantri Pradhan.
- By generating a skilled workforce, PMKVY helps India's economy.
- In order to be registered for the PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana, people should remember the various aspects related to it and follow the steps outlined here.
PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana UPSC
PMKVY is an essential part of the GS 2 Syllabus for the UPSC Exam. Having a comprehensive knowledge of Government Schemes is important for the preparation of both UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains. Apart from the notes, candidates can take the help of other UPSC Books and UPSC Study materials out there for their preparation. Additionally, glancing through UPSC Previous Year Question Papers would also help the candidates to prepare for this topic.
PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana UPSC Prelims Questions
Question: Which of the below statements with respect to the government of India's PMKVY scheme is true?
- The scheme is the Ministry of Labour and employment's leading scheme.
- The scheme also teaches soft skills, financial, entrepreneurial, and digital skills along with other things.
- The purpose of the scheme is to associate the skill of unregulated personnel with the National Skills Qualification Framework.
Choose the correct answer:
- 1 and 3
- Only 2
- 2 and 3
- 1, 2 and 3