Facts About Power Transformers
Essential points of the efficiency of power transformers are described below. These facts are beneficial for Government exam preparation.
- Power transformer efficiency is the ratio of output power to input power.
- When the load is low, the power transformer experiences hysteresis and eddy current loss. So the efficiency of the power transformer became less.
- When the load of the transformer increases, then the efficiency increases. Both are directly proportional to each other.
- When the load of the power transformer is zero, then the output voltage is zero, and efficiency also becomes zero.
- The efficiency of transformer= V1/V2=P1/P2=I2/I1
Power Transformers are Made to Have maximum efficiency at?
From many experiments, power transformers perform with maximum efficiency at full load. When the load increases, then the output of the power transformer also increases. When the bag is null, the output power will be zero.
☛ Related Questions