Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2022! Power grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) will release a recruitment notification for the post of Executive Trainee through GATE 2022. Candidates who have completed their engineering degree from Electrical/Electronics /Civil Engineering will be eligible to apply for the PGCIL recruitment 2021. Further, the candidates will need to have a valid GATE 2022 score to be eligible to apply.
You can apply online for PGCIL recruitment through GATE 2022 scorecard on the official website of PGCIL once the notification has been released. In the upcoming days, PGCIL will release a detailed notification stating the eligibility criteria, vacancy, selection process, application fees & other important details for the PGCIL Executive Trainee recruitment 2022.
Read this article to know about the details about PGCIL 2022 recruitment through GATE such as eligibility criteria, vacancy, selection process and more.
PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2022: Download Notification (will be available soon)
About PGCIL: What is PGCIL?
PGCIL stands for Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. PGCIL is India's principal electric power transmission company. POWERGRID, India's Central Transmission Utility (CTU), is one of the world's major transmission utilities and a Maharatna Enterprise of the Indian government. It is responsible for the planning, coordination, supervision, and control of the whole inter-state transmission system.
POWERGRID provides national and international consultation services based on its strong in-house knowledge in many aspects of the transmission, sub-transmission, distribution, and telecom sectors.
PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2022: Important Dates
|Start date of Application Form||To be notified soon|
|Last date of Application Form||To be notified soon|
PGCIL Vacancy 2022: Post Wise Vacancy
|ET(Electrical)||To be notified soon|
|ET(Electronics)||To be notified soon|
|ET(Civil)||To be notified soon|
PGCIL Executive Trainee Recruitment Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification, Age Limit
Educational Qualification for PGCIL Recruitment Through GATE 2022
- Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute
- Minimum 70 % or Equivalent CGPA
- The candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2022 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same
- Final Year / Semester students who expect their final results by 14.08.2022 are also eligible to apply.
|Post||GATE Paper||Eligible Branches|
Age Limit for PGCIL Executive Trainee
- The age of the candidates for the PGCIL recruitment for an executive trainee must be up to 28 years as of 31.12.2022 (Candidates should have been born on or after 01.01.1992)
PGCIL Executive Trainee Selection Procedure
- The selection process includes marks attained (out of 100) in the GATE 2022 corresponding paper, group discussion, and personal interview.
- Eligible candidates must take the relevant GATE 2022 paper, i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE) / Electronics and Communication (EC) / Civil Engineering (CE).
- Only candidates who have passed the respective GATE 2022 paper will be considered for the next round of selection.
- On the basis of their normalised marks out of 100 in GATE 2022, in the respective exam, qualified applicants will be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
- Candidates must qualify in the Personal Interview in order to be considered for empanelment. The qualifying % in the interview for different categories are as mentioned below:
|Category||Qualifying % in Interview|
|OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST/ PwD||30%|
- Group discussion will not have any Qualifying Marks.
Marks Weightage for PGCIL Recruitment Through GATE 2022
- Weightage of Different Parameters For calculation of the final score of a candidate for empanelment:
|GATE 2022 Marks (out of 100)||85%|
- Candidates shortlisted for GD and interview may have to undergo psychometric assessment results of which shall be used as input during the interview. Candidates who qualify in the Personal Interview will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment.
- Therefore it is again reiterated that candidates will have to qualify in GATE 2022 and in Personal Interview separately in order to be considered eligible for empanelment.
PGCIL Application Form 2022: Steps to Apply, Fee
- Candidates must register and appear for the GATE 2022 corresponding paper.
- Candidates must register online at the POWERGRID CAREER section of using their GATE 2022 Application No, GATE 2022 Registration Number, and other required information.
- Your application process will be considered complete once the application fees are received.
- Candidates must keep their GATE 2022 admit card and GATE 2022 score card for verification at the time of the GD/interview/joining POWERGRID.
PGCIL Application Fee for Executive Trainee
|UR(General, OBC)||Rs. 500|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates||No Application Fee|
PGCIL Executive Trainee Salary
- The Corporation provides a very attractive compensation package that is among the best in the industry.
- During the one-year training period, selected candidates will be paid in the range of Rs. 60,000 – 1,80,000/-.
- After successfully completing training, the candidates will be hired as Assistant Managers on the same salary scale.
- Following regularization, the compensation package will include Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowances based on a cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility, PF, Gratuity, Pension & Leave Encashment, Group Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and so on.
PGCIL Executive Trainee Job Profile
The job profile for PGCIL executive trainee varies as per the discipline of the candidates. The role and responsibilities of PGCIL executive trainee are mentioned below as per the engineering discipline.
PGCIL Executive Trainee- Electrical
- Operations of Sub-Stations
- Maintenance of Sub Stations
- Operations & Maintenance of Transmission Line
- Testing & Commissioning
- Construction: To manage construction activities at the site in accordance with policy
- Substation Engineering
- Transmission Line Engineering
- CTU/System Studies
- Store Management
- HVDC Work
- Project Management, Budgeting, Revised Cost Estimation, Environment and Social Management
- Contract Works
- Cost Engineering
- Business Development
- Commercial Work
PGCIL Executive Trainee- Electronics
- SCADA, WAMS and Communication inputs for RfP of TBCB projects & Connection Agreement
- Engineering (Pre-Award)- SCADA, WAMS and Communication system of LD&C Projects & Transmission System Projects
- Engineering (Post-Award)- SCADA, WAMS and Communication system of LD&C Projects & Transmission System Projects
- Testing & Commissioning
- Operation and Maintenance
PGCIL Executive Trainee- Civil
- Pre-award activities-Substation Civil
- Post-award activities-Substation Civil
- Standardization of Technical specification, drawings & documents
- Substation construction-Civil Works
- Operation & Maintenance
- Resolution of site-related works & issues
- Pre-NIT Engg activities for transmission line tower packages, conductor packages, insulator packages, etc
- Post-NIT Engg activities for transmission line tower packages, conductor packages, insulator packages
- Post-Award Engg activities for transmission line tower packages
- Vendor Development activities
- Development of National/ International Standards
PGCIL GATE Cutoff: Previous Year Cut Off
Candidates who are interested in applying for the PGCIL GATE 2022 recruitment for executive engineer should check out the previous year cut off marks in the table that is given below. We have provided PGCIL Executive Trainee cut off for 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 for your convenience.
PGCIL GATE Cutoff 2018
PGCIL GATE Cutoff 2017
|Engineering Discipline||UR||OBC (NCL)||SC||ST||PWD OH||PWD HH|
PGCIL GATE Cutoff 2016
|Engineering Discipline||UR||OBC (NCL)||SC||ST|
PGCIL GATE Cutoff 2015
|Engineering Discipline||UR||OBC (NCL)||SC||ST|
PGCIL GATE Cutoff
|Engineering Discipline||Year||UR||OBC (NCL)||SC||ST||PWD|
PGCIL Contact Details
For any inquiries, the candidates can reach the Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) at:
Registered Office: B-9, Qutab Institutional Area, Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi-110016
Official Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details visit the official website:
The following articles are useful for preparing for the GATE Exam:
If you are preparing for ESE/ GATE or other PSU Exams, then avail Online Classroom Program for ESE and GATE:
Attempt online mock tests of ESE & GATE CE 2022 at Byju's Exam Prep to improve the exam score in all disciplines.
All the Best!