So, without any delay, go through these physics questions for the NDA 2022 exam now, understand the concepts which are used in them and practice them properly for effective preparation for the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) exams!
Note: We will add more important NDA Physics questions asked in the previous years shortly in this post and a PDF is also shared below for better preparation!
NDA Physics Questions
Approximately 25 NDA Physics questions are asked in the General Ability Test. Following are some important Physics questions for the NDA exam. Students can check the answer to these questions from the detailed solution PDF provided below.
1. The focal length of the objective lens of a telescope is 50cm. If the magnification of the telescope is 25, then the focal length of the eye-piece is
- 12.5 cm
- 5 cm
- 2 cm
- 10 cm
2. Light year is a unit of measurement of
- very large distances
- time interval in years
- amount of light received on earth in a year
- mass of atoms
3. Consider the following statements about a solenoid :
- The magnetic field strength in a solenoid depends upon the number of turns per unit length in the solenoid
- The magnetic field strength in a solenoid depends upon the current flowing in the wire of the solenoid
- The magnetic field strength in a solenoid upon the diameter of the solenoid
Which of the statements given above are correct?
- 1, 2 and 3
- 1 and 3 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 2 only
4. Two metallic wires A and B are made using copper. The radius of wire A is r while its length is l. A de voltage V is applied across wire A, causing power dissipation, P. the radius of wire B is 2r and its length is 2l and the same de voltage V is applied across it causing power dissipation P1. Which one of the following is the correct relationship between P and P1?
- P = P1/2
5. Who among the following has explained the phenomenon of the photoelectric effect?
- Max Planck
- Albert Einstein
- Neils Bohr
- Ernest Rutherford
6. Basic scientific principle behind a nuclear reactor is
- Nuclear fusion
- Controlled nuclear fusion
- Uncontrolled nuclear fission
- Controlled nuclear fission
7. Let us consider a copper wire having radius r and length l. Let its resistance be R. If the radius of another copper wire is 2r and the length is l/2 then the resistance of this wire will be
8. Which one of the following could be the melting point of iron?
9. At 20oC, the speed of sound in water is approximately
- 330 m/s
- 800 m/s
- 1500 m/s
- 5000 m/s
10. Which one of the following can charge an insulator?
- Current electricity
- Static electricity
- Magnetic field
- Gravitational field
11. The correct sequence of energy transfer that occurs when an apple falls to the ground is
- Gravitational potential energy → heat energy to air → kinetic energy → heat energy to ground and apple → sound energy
- Gravitational potential energy → sound energy → kinetic energy → heat energy to air → heat energy to ground and apple
- Gravitational potential energy → kinetic energy → heat energy to air → heat energy to ground and apple → sound energy
- Gravitational potential energy → kinetic energy → sound energy → heat energy to air → heat energy to ground and apple
12. The light energy escaping from the sun can be spread by
- a shower of raindrops
- a plane mirror
- a convex lens
- a combination of a convex lens and a concave lens
13. Which one of the following energy is stored in the links between the atoms?
- Nuclear energy
- Chemical energy
- Potential energy
- Thermal energy
14. Spring tides refer to
- greatest difference in the sea level at high and low tides
- lowest difference in the sea level at high and low tides
- no difference in the sea level at high and low tides
- counteraction of gravitational pull of the sun to that of moon
15. A fuse wire must be
- conducting and of low melting point
- conducting and of high melting point
- insulator and of high melting point
- insulator and of low melting point
16. When a beam of white light passes through a glass prism, the colour of light beam that deviates the least is _________.
17. The formula for conversion between Fahrenheit and Celsius is oF = X + (1.8 × oC) What is factor X?
18.‘Black hole’ is a
- huge black star which has zero acceleration due to gravity on its surface
- star which has moderate acceleration due to gravity on its surface
- Star which has collapsed into itself and has large acceleration due to gravity on its surface.
- star which has collapsed into itself and has zero acceleration due to gravity on its surface
19. Which one of the following statements regarding a thermos flask is NOT correct?
- The walls of flask are separated by vacuum and made of glass which is a poor conductor of heat
- The glass walls themselves have shiny surfaces
- The surface of inner wall radiates good amount of heat and the surface of outer wall absorbs some of the heat that is radiated from the inner wall
- The cork supports are poor conductors of heat
21.1 dyne (a unit of force in the CGS system) equals to
- 103 g cm/s2
- 10-3 g cm/s2
- 105 kg m/s2
- 10-5 kg m/s2
NDA Physics Questions PDF
Here we are sharing important NDA Physics PYQ questions with answers for better exam preparation. Download NDA physics pyq PDF with detailed solutions from the direct links below.
How to Attempt NDA Physics Questions?
Follow the tips and tricks listed below to attempt NDA physics questions with a better approach:
- The candidate should read the NDA syllabus of Physics to avoid any misinterpretation or confusion.
- The NDA NCERT books of classes 10th, 11th & 12th are recommendable for the NDA exam. You will develop a clear understanding of almost all basic concepts by reading NCERT.
- Candidates should note down all important formulae and definitions of NDA physics that can be referred to during last-minute revisions or for quick referencing.
- Physics has the highest weightage after English in the NDA GAT paper. Candidates should not spend more than 20 minutes solving the physics section.
Join BYJU'S Exam Prep. NDA online coaching classes for NDA 2023 exam preparation. NDA online course offers video classes, live doubt sessions, mock tests, daily quizzes, study notes pdf, etc.
Important Links for NDA 2 Exam 2022, 4 September -
- NDA 2022 Exam Analysis
- NDA Cut Off 2022
- NDA Answer Key 2022
- NDA 2 Maths, GAT Exam Analysis 2022
- NDA 2 Answer Key 2022 PDF Download
- NDA Answer Key in Hindi SET A, B, C, D
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App