PhD Chemical Sciences: Important Highlights
Candidates interested in PhD Admission in chemistry can check the table below containing all the important highlights of the Chemical Science PhD.
|Course Level||Doctorate Degree (PhD)|
|Full-Form||Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry|
|Duration||3 or 6 years|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam|
|Course Fee||INR 80,000-3 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 15 - 20 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Chemical Industries, Food Industries, Chemical Research Organizations, etc.|
|Job Positions||Staff scientists, chemists, Chemistry professors, Research Specialists, etc.|
What is PhD in Chemistry About?
As mentioned above, PhD Chemistry is a 6 Years of course with academic study and research with the submission of the thesis on an advanced level. Here are some important points about PhD chemical Sciences-
- This PhD course involves studying topics such as organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical biochemistry, advanced analytical chemistry, quantum mechanics, organic synthesis, etc.
- This course prepares students for teaching and research careers with a wide emphasis on life, basic, physical, energy, medical, environmental sciences, and materials.
- The students are expected to submit their thesis at the end of their doctorate degrees.
- The student will get plenty of opportunities to experience training with modern and sophisticated equipment at times.
- It also focuses on the student’s laboratory skill development, along with enhancing the knowledge of the student.
Eligibility for PhD in Chemistry
Candidates must check their eligibility for a PHD Chemical Science as given below-
- The students must have completed their master's degree in the field of Science or an M.Phil degree in any of the related fields.
- The students must qualify for a minimum percentage of at least 55% in their master's, as most universities put it as their eligibility criteria.
- The students also need to qualify for the entrance exams to get admission to universities and colleges.
List Of PhD Chemical Science Colleges
The students can check the table below for the list of top PhD Colleges for chemical science-
|College Name||City||Average Annual Fees (INR)|
|Indian Institute of Science||Bangalore||35,200|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Bombay||73,000|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Kharagpur||28,900|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Kanpur||64,050|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Roorkee||28,500|
|National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli- [NITT]||Tiruchirappalli||59,250|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||95,000|
Why Study PhD Chemistry?
There are many reasons why you must pursue a PhD in Chemistry. Some of the reasons that include PhD Scholarship are as follows-
- The student’s tuition fee in PHD in chemical science is covered with the help of scholarships, stipends, research, and teaching assistantships and fellowships.
- The PhD Course will help the students to have a greater understanding of research and dealing with the equipment in a laboratory, along with a lot of analytical skills.
- Students get hands-on training experience working in labs and on other things.
- The PhD Chemical Science degree adds more credibility to the student's research and ensures that the students have enough experience to get placed in high-paying jobs.
Career Options After PhD Chemical Science
The students who pursue PhD In Chemical Science have various career opportunities available in India, such as working in
- educational organizations,
- Different industries like food and drink,
- research labs
- Pharma companies
Some of the top listed companies for PHD Chemistry recruitment are listed below:
- Jaypee Group
- Aditya Birla
- Sun Pharma
- United Phosphate Limited
- TATA Chemicals
Here the table given below contains some of the PHD Chemistry Jobs, along with the description of the Job Responsibilities and the average annual PhD Salary being offered.
|Job Role||Job Responsibilities||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|Chemical Researcher||Researchers formulate the thesis for their research by finding a new chemical solution for a particular issue for solving global or private problems.||14 LPA|
|Medical Technologist||Medical Technologists are capable of finding new chemical formulations for the benefit of treating diseases for the welfare of the people.||10 LPA|
|Junior Scientist||Junior scientists come up with various new findings and report documents with their experience and interest in the field||11 LPA|
|Research Chemist||These professionals study compounds and use this research to create as well as improve processes and products, from drugs and medical treatments to manufactured goods such as cosmetics, electronics, food, and drink.||13.75 LPA|
|Forensic Chemist||Analyzes non-biological trace evidence found at crime scenes to identify unknown materials and match samples to known substances||16 LPA|
|Government Regulator||Ensures that products are manufactured and distributed in compliance with appropriate legislation.||20 LPA|
Admission Process For PhD Chemical Science
In order to get admitted to any top college for PhD Chemical Science, the student must qualify for the entrance exams conducted by the college/university, followed by an interview session. Here are some steps in the admission process for PhD Chemical Science in India-
Step 1: Apply For The Applications
- Apply for the course online or offline in the university/college you prefer.
- If there are no PhD Entrance Exams being conducted by the college/university, the students will need to apply for the UGC-NET or GATE exam through the main website.
Step 2: Qualifying Entrance Exams
- The applicants need to qualify for the entrance exams to get admission to good colleges for PhD in chemical science.
- Rest all the formalities can only be completed after qualifying for the examination.
Step 3: Interview and Enrollment
- The students will be asked to appear for the interview if they have passed the entrance exams. The interview can either be online or offline.
- The admission can once get proceeded after the evaluation of the performance of the candidate.