Persons in News, Famous Personalities of India and World in 2020 - 2021: In SSC and Railways exams repeatedly questions have been asked about the important and famous national and international personalities in News from sports, politics, film industries and other areas. One can easily find 5 - 6 questions on this topic.
Considering the importance and relevance of this topic at this point of time, In this article, we would be providing you notes on the important personalities and person in news in the year 2020 and 2021 till June 2021.
Please Note: The PDF download links of all study notes have been given below in this article.
Month-wise compilation of Famous Persons in News in the Year 2021
Sample Questions from July - October 2021
1.Who has been appointed as the new Vice Chief of Indian Air Force?
A. Amit Dev
B. Manavendra Singh
C. Vivek Ram Chaudhari
D. Sandeep Singh
E. Rajiv Dayal Mathur
2.Who took charges as the new Managing Director of National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd (NHSRCL)?
A. KN Bhattacharya
B. Shambhu Nath Srivastava
C. Satish Agnihotri
D. Pravin Sinha
E. Mukesh Sharma
3. Who has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Khadi Prakritik Paint?
A. Nitin Gadkari
B. Smiriti Irani
C. Narendra Modi
D. Prakash Javadekar
E. Nirmala Sitharaman
4. Who has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Limited (NEDFi)?
A. PVSLN Murty
B. N Venudhar Reddy
C. KN Bhattacharjee
D. Satish Agnihotri
E. Pravin Sinha
Download in PDF Form
|Topic||English PDF||Hindi PDF|
|Persons in News, Famous Personalities of India and World in 2021 PDF (July - Oct 2021)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Persons in News, Famous Personalities of India and World in 2021 PDF (April - June 2021)||Click Here||Click Here|
|Persons in News, Famous Personalities of India and World in 2021 PDF (Jan - March 2021)|| Click Here||Click Here|
|Persons in News, Famous Personalities of India and World in 2020 PDF||Click Here||Click Here|
Persons in News in the Year 2020
From the year 2020, only very important news has been covered. You can find the other important pointers in detail in our Bi-weekly current affairs compilation pdf.
|Person in News in the Year 2020|
- Johnny Mullagh has become the first indigenous player inducted into the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame.
- RCP Singh becomes new JD(U) president
- Pooja Devi becomes first woman bus driver of Jammu & Kashmir
- S Mohapatra to be sworn-in as new Odisha Chief Secretary
- Neetal Narang becomes the first woman to be the president of Softball Federation of India (SFI).
- Classplus announced former Indian cricket captain, Sourav Ganguly as its brand ambassador and nationwide celebrity endorser.
- Bengaluru FC forward Sunil Chhetri scripted history yet again when he became the first Indian to register 50 goal contributions (42 goals and 8 assists) in Indian Online Classroom Program League history in Dec 2020.
- Legendary Urdu poet and critic Shamsur Rahman Faruqi passed away in December 2020.
- Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton has been voted BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2020.
- Indian women boxers Simranjeet Kaur (60kg) and Manisha (57kg) notched up gold medals with contrasting final wins in the Cologne World Cup in Germany.
- Sonu Sood and Shradha Kapoor bagged the top spot to be named the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India‟s hottest star
- The UN Environment Programme announced six laureates of the 2020 Champions of the Earth award, the UN‟s highest environmental honour.
- Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama of Fiji, honoured with the champions of the Earth Award in the Policy Leadership category for his global climate action work and his commitment to climate-responsive national development.
- President of the ISRO Dr K. Sivan was awarded the 'Surya Bhushan International Award' by Suryakantam Group of Institutes.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will be the chief guest at the Republic Day celebrations in January 2021.
- Chuck Yeager who holds the record of the the first person to travel at a speed faster than the speed of sound, got expired in December 2020.
- Bala Devi has become the first Indian woman to score in a professional European Football League.
- Jehan Daruvala make the record to be the first Indian to win a Formula 2 race during the Sakhir Grand Prix.
- The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India has named student of O P Jindal Global University Ayan Banerjee as its "2020 volunteer of the year".
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) named John Abraham the Person of the Year for 2020
- Argentina football legend Diego Maradona has passed away after suffering a heart attack. He is known for the “Hand of God”. In 2001, FIFA named Maradona one of the two greatest in the sport‟s history, alongside Pele.
- Moldova has elected the country's first-ever woman President, with former Prime Minister Maia Sandu
- Sonu Sood announced his autobiography which will be titled "I am no Messiah." which will be co-written by Meena Iyer.
- 101st birth anniversary of Purushottam Laxman Deshpande, popular as Pu La Deshpande, was commemorated on 8 Nov 2020.
- Indian-origin Maria Thattil becomes the Miss Universe Australia 2020 in the first virtual pageant event of Australia.
- Tanzania‟s populist President John Magufuli has been sworn into office for a second five- year term.
- Kosovo President Hashim Thaci has resigned from office after facing charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity.
- Ivory Coast's President Alassane Ouattara has won a controversial third term in office in an election boycotted by the opposition
- The inspiring story of 'Forest man of India', Jadav Payeng, has reached the pages of US schools books as a part ecology lesson.
- Late Indian actor Om Puri was honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the third edition of the India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB 2020).
- Indian-origin Wavel Ramkalawan is elected Seychelles President.
- Saurav Kittu Tank became the 1st transgender to climb the 6000 m high Virgin Peak in Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh.
- Udit Singhal has been added by the United Nations to the 2020 Class of 17 Young Leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals.
- 148th Birth Anniversary of V O Chidambaranathan Pillai (VOC), also known as the "Indian Helmsman" was celebrated on 5 Sept 2020.
- Shinzo Abe, the longest-serving Japanese prime minister in history, has resigned, citing health reasons.
- Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo was named as Juventus' 'Most Valuable Player of the Year'.
- Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken, 2 NASA astronauts have returned to Earth, successfully ending their historic two-month mission to stay on the space station.
- Manchester United star Marcus Rashford is set to become the youngest ever recipient of an honorary degree from The University of Manchester.
- The US Navy has welcomed its first Black female Tactical Aircraft pilot.
- Hockey India named Gyanendro Ningombam as the officiating President at the Emergent Executive Board meeting after Mushtaque Ahmad tendered his resignation.
- Zoya Khan from the Vadodara district of Gujarat became the first transgender operator of the Common Service Centre in India.
- President Vladimir Putin has won an extraordinary win. He will remain in the power until the middle of the next decade, to remain President until 2036.
- India‟s Shashank Manohar stepped down as International Cricket Council (ICC) chairman, one week before the election process for his successor is announced.
- India‟s Nitin Menon has been included in the International Cricket Council‟s (ICC‟s) Elite Panel of Umpires for the coming 2020-21 season.
- Former England captain Clare Connor is set to become the first-ever female president of the Marylebone Cricket Club in its 233-year history.
- Wrestling legend and WWE superstar The Undertaker has announced his retirement from World Wrestling Entertainment.
- Astronaut Kathy Sullivan, 1st woman to reach deepest point in oceans
- The World Bank has named former Bear Stearns executive Carmen Reinhart as its new vice president and chief economist.
- Deepa Malik is to hold the position of President of the Paralympic Committee of India. SHe has announced her retirement for the same in accordance with the National Sports Code.
- Narinder Batra to remain President of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) until May 2021.
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) has extended Dia Mirza's term as its National Goodwill Ambassador till the end of 2022.
- NASA's first Mars helicopter has a name now and the credit goes to 17-year-old Indian-origin girl Vaneeza Rupani.
- Pakistan batsman Umar Akmal has been banned from all forms of cricket for three years for failing to report corrupt approaches
- The nation is remembering Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar on his 129th birth anniversary on 14 April 2020.
- Ben Stokes has inducted as the leading Cricketer in the World in the 2020 edition of Wisden Cricketers' Almanack.
- Kobe Bryant was selected to be part of the 2020 Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Satyarup Siddhanta who holds the record to be the first Indian to climb the highest volcanoes of each of the 7 continents, has been nominated for the coveted Limca Book of World Records
- 2 Indian women, Janani Narayanan and Vrinda Rathi were named in the International Panel of ICC Development Umpires
- Bill Gates all set to resign from the board of Microsoft Corp.
- American golfer Tiger Woods will be inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame as part of the class of 2021.
- Byju Classes' founder Byju Raveendran and Zomato's co-founder Gaurav Gupta are among the five Indians who made in the new list of 115 Young Global Leaders published by World Economic Forum (WEF)
- In Afghanistan, independent Election Commission announced that Ashraf Ghani has won a second term as President of the country.
- Virat Kohli become the first Indian to garner 50 million followers on the popular social media platform Instagram.
- Arvind Kejriwal to take oath for his third term as CM of Delhi on 16 Feb 2020.
- Kaamya Karthikeyan who is a class seven student of Navy Children School (NCS) in Mumbai, makes the record to be the youngest girl in the world to summit Mt Aconcagua, the highest peak in South America.
- Dr Saima Yunus Khan became the first Indian to be conferred with the prestigious IADR Fellowship in the field of dental research.
- Scottish team Rangers signed Bala Devi from Manipur Police on an 18-month-deal which makes her the first Indian woman to be a professional footballer anywhere in the world.
- Irish composer Eímear Noone will be the first woman to conduct an orchestra at the Oscars
- Former tax official Mikhail Mishustin was announced as Russia's next Prime Minister.
- Indian mountaineer Malavath Poorna conquered Mt. Vinson Massif, Antarctica‟s highest mountain peak (4,987 meters).
- Former Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic, who belongs to Social Democratic Party (SDP), won Croatia‟s presidential election.
All the Best!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections
So why wait? Update your app right away!