OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021: The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has invited applications for the 606 assistant professor positions in various disciplines in Odisha Building Service (OES) Group A (university branch) at state universities under the Department of Higher Education. Candidates wishing to apply for OPSC recruitment in 2021 should note that the application process will begin on October 26, 2021. Eligible candidates may apply for the OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021 position via the website OPSC official www.opsc.gov.in until November 25.
In this article, we will discuss in detail the eligibility criteria, how to apply until today, and other relevant information.
OPSC Assistant Professor Exam Date & Important Events
OPSC Assistant Professor Notification released
Last date for depositing the fees
Last date for submitting the application form
OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment Procedure: Intimation Letter
To be announced
To be announced
To be announced
OPSC Assistant Professor Application Form Fee:
- Application fees are Rs. 400/-
- SC/ST of Orissa state and PWD (>40%) are exempted
OPSC Assistant Professor Vacancy 2021 Details
Total No. of vacancies
Logic & Philosophy
Detailed Category wise Subject List- Click here
OPSC Assistant Professor Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 45 Years
- There will be a relaxation of the upper age limit of 5 years for SC / ST / SEBC / Women candidates and a 10-year relaxation for PWD candidates.
- The candidate possessing a post-graduate degree will be eligible to apply for the post.
- Good academic performance, with at least a 55% score for a master's degree in the specific subject from an Indian university, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. SC / ST / OBC (NCL) / PWD candidates will receive 5% relaxation.
- UGC NET/CSIR NET qualified candidates will be eligible for the post of assistant professor.
- Candidates who are/ have been awarded a PhD. Degree by the UGC (Min. Std.& Procedure for the Award of a PhD Degree) Regulations, 2009, are exempted from the requirement of the min. eligibility condition of UGC NET.
Detailed subject wise eligibility: Click here
OPSC Assistant Professor Application Form Online 2021
The application form will begin on 26th October 2021 and end on 25th November 2021. Please note that candidates must meet the OPSC Associate Faculty admission criteria prior to submitting the online application. Candidates should know that if they provide false information, they will be excluded from taking future exams at Odisha.
How can I apply online for OPSC Assistant Professor?
- First of all, visit the official website of OPSC or click on the link below.
- On the top right corner, you will see: "Online Application", click on it and Select 'OPSC Assistant Professor: Click New Registration'.
- On the next page, the application form will be open, fill in all the information required.
- Recheck all the details and pay the application fee.
- Note: Candidates should have a valid mobile phone number and email are very important.
OPSC Assistant Professor Selection Procedure 2021
- Candidates for the assistant professor position are selected through API scoring and OPSC committee review preselection and subsequent document review.
- The interview will be conducted for the shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates should keep track of the official OPSC website: www.opsc.gov.in
- OPSC will provide email and text messages to all the shortlisted candidates.
Criteria for the pre-selection of candidates for an interview for the position of assistant professor in the Orissa Public Service Commission (OPSC).
80% & Above = 21
60% to less than 80% = 19
55% to less than 60% =16
45% to less than 55% = 10
80% & Above= 25
60% to less than 80% = 23
55% (50% in case of SC / ST /
OBC (non-creamy layer) /PwBD) to less than 60% = 20
60% and above= 07
55% to less than 60%=05
NET with JRF
Research Publications (2 marks for each research publication published in peer-reviewed or UGC- listed Journals)
Teaching/Post Doctoral Experience (2marks for one year each)#
International/National Level (Awards given by International
Organizations /Government of India / Government of India recognized National Level Bodies)
State-Level (Awards given by State Government)
- M.Phil+PhD= Maximum 25 marks
- JRF/NET/SET -Maximum 10 Marks
- Awards category= Maximum 3 marks
- Academic Score- 84
- Research Publications- 06
- Teaching Experience- 10
- Total Score- 100
OPSC Assistant Professor Job Profile 2021 and Salary
- OPSC Assistant professor salary will be as per the Pay Band of Rs. 15600-39100/- with the Grade pay Rs. 6000/- (which is Level-10)
- The job will be to teach undergraduate and postgraduate students in the universities and colleges of Orissa.
- Records of students teaching and guiding them in higher education/research.
- In addition to teaching, assistant professors also participate in the administrative and curricular activities of the university.
- Do your research to improve your career prospects.
Preparation Tips for upcoming OPSC EXAM 2021
- Visit the OPSC website and learn more about Orissa's arts and culture.
- Important University Terms and Financial Regulation Changes.
- Begin preparing for the interview on a schedule.
- Practice mock interviews and train your personality.
- Review of interviews and other aspects Improve your CV.
- Study hard and stay healthy.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.