OPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021: The Orissa Public Service Commission has invited eligible candidates for the application for the 504 Vacancy for Assistant Professor for the state universities of Orissa.
- NTA/UGC NET and State SET qualified candidates can apply online after checking the other eligibility criteria.
- Candidates can apply online from 15th Feb 2021 and the last date for applying online and paying fees is 13th April 2021.
- Candidates can submit the application form by 22nd April 2021.
- OPSC has released the list of 56 subjects in which candidates can apply for Assistant Professor.
- This is a golden opportunity for candidates who have qualified NET and SET and are searching for Assistant professor jobs.
- PhD is not mandatory for applying online for the post of Assistant Professor in OPSC.
- Selection will be done on the basis of API Score.
- OPSC has released the OPSC Interview/DV Schedule 2021.
In this article we will discuss in details Eligibility criteria, Application begins to date and other relevant information.
OPSC Assistant Professor Exam Date & Important Events
OPSC Assistant Professor Notification released
Last date for depositing the fees
Last date for submitting the application form
Interview/ Document Verification
To be announced
Last Date of OPSC Assistant Professor
OPSC has extended the last date for filling the online application form to 13th April. Earlier the Last date for OPSC Assistant Professor was 14th March. Those candidates who haven't applied must apply now for Assistant Professor through OPSC.
OPSC Assistant Professor Application Form Fee:
- Application fees are Rs. 400
- SC/ST of Orissa state and PWD (>40%) are exempted
OPSC Interview Schedule 2021
OPSC has released a detailed list of the shortlisted candidates for the interview. On the official OPSC website, candidates can find interview notices for their respective subjects. Applicants can click on the link below for OPSC Interview Schedule 2021. The last date to apply for the same was 13th April 2021. Candidates will have to be present at the said dates for an interview as well as documents verification. It is advised to read the list of all the necessary documents to be presented at the of verification.
OPSC Assistant Professor Vacancy 2021 Details
Find the official details about the Subject wise Vacancy details for Assistant Professor in OPSC below :
- Subject wise vacancies: Click here
- Orissa State Universities : College wise vacancies: Click here
- PWD vacancies ( Subject & College) : Click here
OPSC Assistant Professor Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: Superannuation is the maximum age limit
- Academic record with at least 55% marks at the Master’s Degree level in the relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PWD candidates are given 5 % relaxation.
- The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) Exam conducted by the UGC or CSIR or the similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Candidates who are/ have been awarded a PhD. Degree as per the University Grants Commission (Min. Std.& Procedure for the Award of a PhD Degree) Regulations, 2009, are exempted from the requirement of the min. eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET
- PhD degrees from foreign universities are also eligible to apply but the ranking of their university should be under Top 500 by (QS/Times/ARWU)
OPSC Assistant Professor Application Form Online 2021
The application form will start on 15th Feb 2021 and will end on the 14th of March 2021. Keep in mind that before applying online, the candidate must satisfy the eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor as per OPSC. The candidate must keep in mind that if wrong details are provided then OPSC shall be barred the candidate for future examinations in the state of Orissa.
How to apply online for the post of OPSC Assistant Professor
- The candidate has to visit OPSC official website.
- At Top right corner: click on "Apply online"
- OPSC Assistant Professor:click at New Registration ( IF not done) else on registered user
- The candidate will be able to see the application form
- Candidate has to fill in the basic details: personal , professional, education with academic work and at last pay the application fees
- Please Note: Mobile numbers and E-mail are very crucial and important.
- A unique PPSN Number will be generated, take a print of the Application form and sign in the designated place
- Keep the application form at a safe place
- If the claim of the candidate is found false, then they will be debarred from the future examination of OPSC
OPSC Assistant Professor 2021: List of Documents to be produced when asked for Document Verification
Along with the Hard copy of the duly filled, signed and submitted application form, the following documents in original and self-attested are to be produced :
- Class X Certificates & Marksheet
- Class XII Certificate & Marksheet
- Bachelor's degree with Marksheet
- Master's degree with Marksheet
- NET/SET certificate
- M.Phil/Ph.D Certificate & related documents ( if available)
- Another supported document ( mentioned in the Application form)
- Caste certificate/PWD certificate ( If applicable) ( issued by competent authority)
OPSC Assistant Professor Selection Procedure 2021
- Candidates for the post of Assistant Professor will be selected on the basis of Shortlisting via API Score and scrutinizing by the OPSC Board and the followed by document verification
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.
- Candidates must keep an eye on the OPSC official website. :www.opsc.gov.in
- OPSC will send SMS and Email to selected candidates and they well informed about their intimation letter and interview
Selection Process for Assistant Professor in Orissa Public Service Commission (OPSC)
- Educational Qualification- 100 marks.
- Interview- 15 marks.
- The final merit list will be prepared out of 115 Marks.
Criteria for Short-listing of Candidates for Interview for the Post of Assistant Professors in Orissa Public Service Commission (OPSC)
80% & Above = 15
60% to less than 80% = 13
55% to less than 60% =10
45% to less than 55% = 05
80% & Above= 25
60% to less than 80% = 23
55% (50% in case of SC / ST /
OBC (non-creamy layer) /PwBD) to less than 60% = 20
NET with JRF
Research Publications (2 marks for each research publication published in peer-reviewed or UGC- listed Journals)
Teaching/Post Doctoral Experience (2marks for one year each)#
International/National Level (Awards given by International
Organizations /Government of India / Government of India recognized National Level Bodies)
State-Level (Awards given by State Government)
- PhD.- 30 Marks
- JRF/NET/SET -Maximum 07 Marks
- Academic Score- 80
- Research Publications- 10
- Teaching Experience- 10
- Total Score- 100
OPSC Assistant Professor Salary and Job Profile 2021
- Assistant professor's salary as per the Pay Band of Rs. 15600-39100/- with the Grade pay Rs. 6000/- (which is Level-10)
- Assistant Professor will be allotted any degree college in Orissa
- Teach the students pursuing graduation in the college under the Universities of Orissa.
- Record of students that they are teaching and mentoring them for higher studies/research
- Along with teaching, assistant professors are also in administrative and curricular activities of the college.
- Conduct research for enhancing their career prospects
Preparation Tips for upcoming OPSC EXAM 2021
- Visit the OPSC website and be aware of Orissa art and culture thoroughly
- Higher Education important terms and changes with Budget provisions
- Start preparing for the interview with a time schedule
- Practice with the mock interviews and work on your personality
- Check your progress with mock interviews and on your resume
- Study carefully and do maintain your health.
We hope you all understood the process of applying for the OPSC Assistant Professor recruitment 2021 and got the Important details for Assistant Professor in OPSC.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.