- NMAT Section-wise exam review
- NMAT Expected cut off
- Good attempts across different sections
- Few questions asked in today's exam
- Difficulty level (sectional and overall)
Since the exam is a Computer Adaptive exam, the sections have all been modified in accordance with the different parameters. The overall difficulty level of NMAT 2021 was Easy to Moderate in terms of the questions asked. However, it also depends on the aptitude of the candidate.
Important Highlights of NMAT 2021 Exam
- There were a sectional of 36 questions and a total of 108 questions were asked.
- NMAT 2021 test window opened on October 14, 2021, and ends on December 27, 2021.
- Aspirants have the option of either taking the exam by any of the two modes- Computer-based test at exam centres and Online Proctored Exam from Home
- The Reasoning section was the trickiest as Verbal Reasoning questions dominated this section.
NMAT Exam Pattern 2021
The topic-wise breakup was in accordance with the sample test published on the website.
The structure of the test was as follows:
Number of Questions
- Candidates can choose the order in which they attempt each section prior to starting the exam.
- There is NO NEGATIVE marking.
NMAT Exam Analysis 2021: Difficulty Level
This year the NMAT 2021 exam had a difficulty level of Easy to Moderate for 15th October 2021.
NMAT Exam Analysis 2021: Good Attempts/Score
For aspirants aiming at the Top Colleges of NMAT 2021, a score of 232 to 238 is considered good enough to get a call from the prestigious colleges of NMAT.
NMAT Exam Review 2021 (Section-wise)
The section-wise review of the NMAT 2021 on 15th Oct 2021 is as follows:
NMAT Exam Review Language Skills
The level of difficulty for the section was Easy to Moderate. The topic-wise break up is given below:
No. of Questions
Level of Difficulty
|5||Easy to Moderate|
Fill in the blanks
Fill in the blanks (Prepositions)
Spot the error/ Identify the correct usage
NMAT Exam Review Quantitative Skills
The level of difficulty in the Quantitative Skills section was Moderate. A detailed topic-wise break-up is given below.
|Arithmetic (Easy to Moderate)|
|Time and Work||2|
|Profit and Loss||2|
|Algebra (Easy to Moderate)|
|High Order Equations||1|
|Modern Maths (Moderate)|
Highlights of Quantitative Skills:
- Data Interpretation was quite easy to solve. It had 1 Question with Tables and 2 with Bar Charts
- Data Sufficiency had 2 Number-based Questions, 1 Arithmetic, and 1 Algebra based question
- There was no question on Geometry.
NMAT Exam Review Logical Reasoning
The level of difficulty in the Logical reasoning was Easy to Moderate. As Verbal Reasoning questions dominated this section, the reasoning was the trickiest section of all. A detailed topic wise break up is given below:
No. of Questions
Analytical Reasoning (Easy to Moderate)
|1 set of 4 questions|
|2 sets of 4 questions each|
Number Based puzzle
Alpha Numeric based
Verbal Reasoning (Moderate)
Statement – Assumption (Implicit Assumption)
Course of Action
Strong Argument / Weak Argument
Expected NMAT Cut Off 2021
The expected cut-off for NMAT 2021 is as follows:
NMIMS Mumbai - 232 - 238 (Expected)
Further, the sectional cutoffs are expected to be:
- Language Skills- 78 - 82
- Logical Reasoning - 74-77
- Quantitative Skills - 73-76
NMIMS Bangalore- 220+ (Expected)
NMIMS Hyderabad- 225+ (Expected)
Other colleges accepting NMAT scores - 205+ (Expected)
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card