NIELIT Exam Analysis 2020: National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT) released the notification of Scientist-'B' and Scientific/Technical Assistant 'A' in the National Informatics Centre (NIC) earlier for which applications began from 26th Feb 2020. There are a total number of 495 posts in NIELIT 2020 Recruitment for Scientist-B and Scientific/Technical Assistant.
NIELIT 2020 is the most awaited exam for all the Computer Science and Electronics Engineering aspirants and it is successfully conducted in the first slot on 22nd November 2020. It's been a long journey of preparation and BYJU'S Exam Prep team has tried their best to provide quality Quizzes, Notes, and Important information to the Candidates. All Candidates would have completed their preparation and they will definitely get paid for their efforts in the form of success.
The vacancies are as follows:
|Designation||Total Vacant Posts|
|Scientific/Technical Assistant - ‘A||207|
NIELIT 2020 Scientist 'B': Weightage Analysis
The major highlights of the NIELIT 2020 Exam are as follows:
- Data Structures and Networks question were slightly tougher.
- Operating Structures which is a core subject of Computer Science, has easier question. The questions were on basic concepts like paging, standard theorem etc. No high level questions were asked from operating systems.
- Discrete Mathematics had almost GATE level question. Discrete Mathematics was of moderate difficulty.
- DBMS comprised of less marks and there was one question in DBMS which was exactly same as GATE previous year question.
- A lot of questions were asked from Data Structures and Algorithms. Around 15 questions were asked from DS and Algorithms alone.
- The questions from Electronics and Electrical were very less comparatively. The whole question paper was based on Computer Science core subjects.
- Non-technical part was very easy and there were question on Blood Relations, reasoning. There was not a single General Knowledge question.
- 3-4 questions were wrong. Full marks will be provided in case any question is wrong.
- The level of BYJU'S Exam Prep Mini Mock which were provided in the NIELIT Revision Plan and the Mega Mocks was exactly of same level of NIELIT 2020 Scientist 'B' Exam. 60-70 percent questions match the level of the concepts and questions which were there in the mocks.
- All the concepts in the NIELIT 2020 Exam were discussed in NIELIT course as well as on free series.
- There were around 18 questions from quantitative and qualitative abilities. These were very easy and need no specific preparation.
- The overall paper was: Easy.
|NIELIT 2020 Subjects||Difficulty Level||Weightage in 2020||Weightage in 2018||Weightage in 2017|
|Compiler Design and Theory of Computation||Easy||2||9||2|
|Cyber Security and Cloud Technology||Easy||3||0||0|
|Digital & Analog Communication||Easy||3||3||0|
|Information Systems and Software Engineering||Moderate||7||0||2|
|Probability, Statistics and Combinatorics||Easy||2||2||2|
|Data Structure & Programming + OOPs||Moderate||8||7||16|
|Web Technologies /HTML||Easy||7||2||0|
|Electrical Engineering (Network )||Moderate||2||0||0|
|Quantitative and Qualitative abilities||Moderate||19||8||18|
NIELIT 2020 Scientist 'B' Exam Timings
The exam is successfully conducted in the morning shift from 9:30 AM to 12:30 AM on 22nd November 2020.
NIELIT 2020 Scientific/Technical Assistant 'A': Weightage Analysis
The major highlights of the NIELIT 2020 Exam are as follows:
- There were several questions from Software Engineering.
- A lot of questions from HTML, Java and software engineering were asked.
- The questions from basic computer science subjects were less.
- DBMS which is one of the core subjects, has around 10 questions.
- Questions from Computer Organization were from the topics like Addressing Mode, Memory Management etc.
- The Reasoning and Quantitative section was a bit lengthier and no direct questions were asked from this section. Lengthy calculations were involved in Quants section.
- The questions in Reasoning and Quantitative section were time consuming whereas in the technical section, there were purely direct questions in which no calculations were involved.
- There were very few questions from Electrical/Electronics section.
- The level of BYJU'S Exam Prep Mini Mock which were provided in the NIELIT Revision Plan and the Mega Mocks was exactly of same level of NIELIT 2020 Scientific/Technical Assistant 'A' Exam.
- All the concepts in the NIELIT 2020 Exam were discussed in NIELIT course as well as on free classes conducted on YouTube and BYJU'S Exam Prep App.
- The overall difficulty level of the paper was: Moderate.
|NIELIT Subjects||Difficulty Level||Weightage in 2020||Weightage in 2017|
|Cyber Security and Cloud Technology||Moderate||0||0|
|Digital & Analog Communication||Moderate||1||0|
|Information Systems and Software Engineering||Difficult||7||2|
|Probability, Statistics and Combinatorics||Moderate||3||2|
|Data Structure & Programming + OOPs||Difficult||16||16|
|Electrical Engineering (Network )||-||-||0|
|Quantitative and Qualitative abilities||Moderate||21||18|
NIELIT 2020 Scientist Technical Assistant 'A' Exam Timings
The exam is successfully conducted in the evening shift from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM on 22nd November 2020.
NIELIT 2020 Scientist 'B' and Scientist Technical Assistant 'A' Exam Centre Guidelines
- Students are required to wear a mask during the examination.
- Students are allowed to carry a personal transparent water bottle, personal hand sanitizer, gloves & a simple pen inside the exam center.
- An aspirant must have installed Arogya Setu app on their smartphone and the app must show the COVID 19 risk profile of the student.
FREE SERIES on BYJU'S Exam Prep App:
- Programming & Data Structures Revision Series
- Conquer the concepts of Discrete mathematics
- Computer Network Revision Series by Ankit Sir
- Digital Logic Revision Series by Muralikrishna Sir
Candidates can also practice unlimited Mock tests for exams like GATE, NIELIT with BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series check the following link:
Get unlimited access to all Structured Live Courses and all mock tests with Online Classroom Program:
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App!