UPSC Nepali Literature Optional Books
Nepali Literature is one of the 48 optional subjects in the UPSC Mains exam, and it is divided into two papers- Paper-1 and Paper-2. Each paper carries 250 marks, and the optional paper is accounted for a total of 500 marks in the UPSC Mains Exam. That is why candidates start their preparation with the best UPSC Nepali Literature Books for IAS Mains Optionals as early as possible. Those who have opted for the Nepali literature must analyze the UPSC Nepali literature syllabus so that they can figure out the important topics to be covered. Following are some of the highly recommended UPSC Nepali Literature Books that would definitely help candidates to strengthen their preparation.
- Himalayan Voices: An Introduction to Modern Nepali Literature
- Nepal (Footprint Handbook) by Robert Ferguson
- Gems of Nepali Literature by LB Thapa
- Nepali: A National Language and Its Literature by Michael Hutt
- Modern Literary Nepali: An Introductory Reader (SOAS Studies on South Asia)
UPSC Nepali Literature Books PDF
Every candidate must keep a list of all the recommended UPSC Nepali Literature Books. To make things easier we have covered all the books in a PDF file, and candidates can download it directly from the given link below.
How to Choose the Best UPSC Nepali Literature Books?
Your time is valuable when you are preparing for UPSC Exams, and that is why you need to use it wisely. There are many UPSC Books available in the market but choosing the wrong one would hamper your growth and waste your time. So while choosing the UPSC Nepali literature books for IAS Mains optional candidates need to be very precise about it. The following tips would help you to choose the right UPSC Nepali Literature Books and give you an extra advantage.
- As we have mentioned above, the first thing you need to do is go through the UPSC Nepali Literature Syllabus to be familiar with the topics.
- Only choose the books by reputed publishers, so that you can avoid errors
- Search on the internet about some of the highly recommended books, and go through the reviews.
- If you have mentors or teachers then ask them for their recommendations.
How to Prepare UPSC Mains with Nepali Literature Books
Those who are preparing with UPSC Nepali Literature Books may feel overwhelmed by the vast syllabus of Nepali. Also, those who are preparing for UPSC Prelims Syllabus or UPSC Mains Syllabus with the optional paper may find it difficult to find the time. That's why we have prepared a strategy that would help the candidates to cover the UPSC Nepali Literature Books efficiently.
- To start, you must go through the topics covered in the UPSC Nepali syllabus. Choosing the random topics to read from the UPSC Nepali Literature Books won’t help. So make sure you have in-depth knowledge of the syllabus.
- Then look at the writing style in the book, and try to follow that same style while writing answers. To get better at writing you can practice it while covering a book
- Make sure you have enough time in your hand to cover the books.
- Keep making notes of the core points which will help you to remember the important points during the revision period.