How to prepare for NEET 2020 without coaching is that one question students often ask. Although there are many coaching centres coming up to help students in their preparation, many students prefer to continue their NEET preparation on their own without coaching.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) exam, conducted by NTA is the medical entrance test for giving opportunities to the medical aspirants to take admission in the MBBS and BDS courses in the topmost medical colleges. To aid such candidates, we have offered some of the best strategies through which students can prepare for NEET 2020 at home without any coaching.
Tips to Prepare for NEET 2020 at Home Without Coaching
Follow the NEET 2020 preparation tips properly to achieve success in the upcoming exam.
- Choose the right set of books: You need to have the right set of NEET books to be able to crack the exam. Before referring to any study material, you should finish the NCERT books first as they are considered to be the Bible for any entrance exam.
Only after you have thoroughly gone through the NCERT books of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, you should move on to the reference books to get detailed insight into the topic and then practise questions from these reference books to strengthen your hold over the topics. Go for such books which along with covering the topics in easy language by giving clear examples also have ample solved examples and practice questions.
- Consistency is the key: You should make a detailed study plan and stick to it. Remember that adherence to the timetable is what differentiates candidates who clear NEET and those who don’t.
If you deviate from the timetable and procrastinate your study even for a day, it piles up and then it becomes difficult to catch up with your preparation. If required, keep one day free in a week to catch up on studying those topics in which you are lagging.
- Use online lectures and study materials: When you are preparing for the exam without coaching, you might feel frustrated due to the unavailability of a guide who can help you solve your doubts. In this scenario, online lectures and study materials come to the rescue. You can pick up any topic where you are facing the problem and listen to the lectures offered by the professionals.
Do take a look at study materials and lecture notes of NEET offered by BYJU'S Exam Prep. After thoroughly preparing the syllabus, you can try out the mock tests of BYJU'S Exam Prep for keeping track of your performance.
- Set a specific time limit for covering each section: The examination of NEET is all about time management as you are required to solve 180 questions in 3 hours. So, you need to have a strategy in which you have to allot a specific time limit to every section.
Even while solving the mock tests at home, you should follow this strategy and solve questions accordingly.
- Revise regularly: Covering the NEET syllabus on time is important; the other equally important thing is that aspirants should indulge in a proper revision strategy. All the topics which they have studied and practised need to be revised thoroughly, failing which they will not be able to recall the studied topics in the exam. You must also solve NEET question papers of the previous years.
Subject-Wise Preparation Plan for NEET 2020
NEET Biology Preparation Tips
- The topics of the plant and animal kingdom require a lot of memorization. For memorizing these topics, it is suggested that you make comparative tables for each of the sub-topics and study them simultaneously for remembering the topics better.
- As we are talking NEET 2020 preparation, so it can be well understood that the subject of Biology occupies the topmost priority, so your focus should be more in this subject as compared as those of Physics and Chemistry.
- Diagrams and labelling occupies a significant share of the questions and so you need to be thorough with the diagrams so that you can answer questions asked on such topics.
- Follow the NEET Biology syllabus strictly.
NEET Physics Preparation Tips
- Physics is a conceptual subject so, it is essential to understand the basics first before you move on to the examples.
- If you are good in the numerical section of the NEET Physics syllabus, you should use this to your advantage and focus more on solving derivations and numerical questions to get an edge over others.
- There are several topics in Physics which are very easy to score. These topics are dimensional analysis, vector analysis, and thermodynamics. Attempt these topics first.
NEET Chemistry Preparation Tips
- Though the syllabus of NEET Chemistry is vast, with enough practice, you can master this subject and improve your overall score.
- If you can understand the basic concepts of Organic Chemistry, you will find that not only you are easily able to easily arrive at the products of the reaction, but, you will also find the concepts useful in some of the topics of Physical Chemistry as well as Inorganic Chemistry.
- The concept of memorization works to some extent in Chemistry as you will see that if you write the reactions over and over again, you will eventually remember the reactions and the corresponding products.
- Physical Chemistry requires a deeper understanding of the subject, so studying from the reference books for this subject becomes a must.
The only way of improving is to identify your weaker areas and working on those areas until you have mastered those topics of the NEET Syllabus. Even if you are preparing for NEET 2020 without coaching, you can crack the examination by being consistent in your preparation and by using the strategies mentioned above.
BYJU'S Exam Prep has launched a special course focussed for dropper: StepUp NEET 2020: A One-Year Master Course Starting from 1st July 2019 to 31st Dec 2019
We wish you all the best in your endeavours!
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep