Sickle-cell anaemia is a disease caused due to the abnormality in
Carbohydrates are stored in plants and animals in the form of
Which of the following statements regarding oxidation and reduction are correct?
1) In oxidation, loss of electron takes place whereas in reduction, gain of electron takes place.
2) In oxidation, gain of electron takes place whereas in reduction, loss of electron takes place.
3) Oxidizing agent decreases the oxidation number but reducing agent increases the oxidation number.
4) Oxidizing agent increases the oxidation number but reducing agent reduces the oxidation number.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
Which one among the following is correct regarding 20Ne, 23Na+, 19F– and 24Mg2+?
Which of the following pairs is/are correctly matched?
1) Isotopes : Atoms with same atomic number but different atomic mass
2) Isobars : Atoms with same number of neutrons but different atomic number
3) Isotones : Atoms with same mass number but different atomic number
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
Sometimes, indigestion is caused by the secretion of too much hydrochloric acid in the stomach. To ease the pain caused, a tablet can be taken that reacts to reduce the amount of acid present. Which one among the following would be inappropriate for a manufacturer to include as a major reactant in the tablet?
A refracting telescope consists of
The nucleus of a singly ionized carbon atom contains
Two similarly charged bodies are kept 5 cm apart in air, If the second body is shifted away from the first by another 5 cm, their force of repulsion will be