“The advance of Technology is based on making it fit in so that you don't really even notice it, so it's part of everyday life.”
Technology is playing a very transformative role across the world. It has not only triggers the economic and scientific growth of a nation but has also provided socio-economic growth. It has made our life comfortable in various ways. Such science and technology should have a commemorative day. Isn't it???
So, here we have National Technology Day, which is observed every year on 11th May in India to highlight the achievements of engineers and scientists in the field of technology and science.
Every year Technology Development Board (TDB) commemorates our Technology Day by honoring technological innovations that have added to the national growth of our nation.
National Technology Day Theme 2022
Every year Technology Day has a specific theme. This year’s theme focuses on sustainable future.
Theme for National Technology Day 2022: "Integrated Approach in Science and Technology for Sustainable Future".
Theme for National Technology Day 2021 is “Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future”.
Why Technology Day is commemorated on 11th May?
- May 11 holds importance as on this day in 1998, India has successfully test-fired Shakti-I nuclear missile at an Army test range in Rajasthan's Pokhran.
- Later, India conducted two more nuclear tests as a part of the same operation, following which India joined the elite club of nuclear power nations on May 13
- India on this day also tested its first indigenous aircraft 'Hansa-3' which flew from Bengaluru.
- India also performed a successful test firing of surface-to-air Trishul missile on May 11, 1998.
- With all these achievements, Former Indian Prime Minister Late Atal Bihari Vajpayee declared May 11 as the National Technology Day for India.
- National Technology Day was first observed on May 11, 1999.
About Pokhran Nuclear Test
- Pokhran Nuclear tests were a series of five nuclear bomb test explosions conducted by India at the Indian Army's Pokhran Test Range in May 1998.
- The tests were conducted under operation Shakti.
- First test was conducted on 11th May and 2 more nuclear tests were conducted on May 13.
- All the tests were led by the late Dr A P J Abdul Kalam
- The mission Operation Shakti was carried out by Indian Army along with Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), and Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMDER).
National Technology Awards
National Technology Awards is conferred every year by Technology Development Board (TDB) in three categories:
National Award For Successful Commercialization of Indigenous Technology:
- This Category of award is given to an industry that has successfully developed & commercialized an indigenous technology.
- The award consists of ₹ 25 Lakh prize money and a trophy.
National Award For MSMEs:
- This award is given to selected MSMEs that have successfully commercialized the product based on indigenous technology.
- The award consists of ₹ 15 lakhs prize money
National Award For Technology Start-ups:
- This category of award is given to a technology start-up for promising new technology with potential for commercialization.
- The award includes a cash prize of ₹ 15 Lakh in addition to the trophy.
If you are aiming to crack SBI/IBPS 2022, then join the sure-shot success Batch Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.